Dominican Republic asks UN to put a stop to the worsening of complete chaos in Haiti

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Roberto-Alvarez-UN-General-Debate-Youtube-1024x640.png

Haiti cannot wait any longer, Foreign Minister Roberto Alvarez told the 77th Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations on 21 September 2022 when commenting on the spiraling out of control of the multidimensional crisis in Haiti. Alvarez spoke for President Luis Abinader, when the later cancelled his participation to be present to lead the Hurricane Fiona recovery efforts in eastern Dominican Republic.

Speaking at the 77th session in New York, Alvarez advocated for a greater role of the General Assembly. Alvarez said the Dominican Republic firmly supports what UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said in an interview on French television on 18 September 2022 when he remarked it was vital to deal with security in Haiti. Guterres made the point that until assistance to the Haitian National Police capacity is strengthened, there needs to be a robust...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Unless the UN takes over for a year or 2 with full force, they are a useless organization. I don't think Haitians want that anyways. Unfortunately, there is no one in Haiti that has stepped up to lead without graft.
I agree, but the UN really isn't a combat army, and I don't think too many of the big players have a taste for war right now. No one will call it war, of course, but death and destruction by any other name...