Polls Forum Moderator
- Jan 20, 2003
The Central Bank of the Dominican Republic on January 31, 2023 published a resumed report of the Dominican economy in 2022.
- 2022 Economic Growth: 4.9%
- Nominal GDP: US$114 billion
- Formal and Informal Employees: 4.77 million
- Open Unemployment: 4.8%
- Inflation: 7.83%
- International Reserves: US$14.4 billion or 12.8% of GDP
- Foreign Hard Currency: US$39 billion
- Export Growth: 10.5%
- Tourism: US$8.4 billion
- Remittances: US$9.9 billion
- Direct Foreign Investments: US$3.8 billion
- Dominican Peso: appreciation of 2%.
Growth rates of each sector of the economy
Agriculture - Mining - Local Manufacturing - Free Trade Zones Manufacturing - Construction - Services
Within Services: Energy and Water - Commerce - Hotels, Bars, and Restaurants - Transportation - Communication - Finance - Real Estate Activities and Rent - Education - Health - Other Services - Government
Comparing 2022 DR unemployment rate with the 2022 unemployment rates of other Latin American countries
PAN: Panama - BOL: Bolivia - ECU: Ecuador - BRA: Brazil - SLV: El Salvador - MEX: Mexico - DOM: Dominican Republic - CRI: Costa Rica - PRY: Paraguay - URY: Uruguay - PER: Peru - GTM: Guatemala - HND: Honduras - NIC: Nicaragua - CHL: Chile - COL: Colombia - ARG: Argentina - VEN: Venezuela
Dominican Gross International Reserves
From 2000 to 2022.