Dominican Republic: Prank calls swamp emergency number

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have no doubt that if it goes through the people will go with the flow...people are like sheep, however, I think it's funny web you say the Dominican government controls everything. It's like once you move out of the country, you believe that all good intentions of which the news media speak are true and will be carried out flawlessly. I'm sure when you lived here you knew that 90% of beautiful government plans are never being carried out or a disaster when they do carry them out.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I have no doubt that if it goes through the people will go with the flow...people are like sheep, however, I think it's funny web you say the Dominican government controls everything. It's like once you move out of the country, you believe that all good intentions of which the news media speak are true and will be carried out flawlessly. I'm sure when you lived here you knew that 90% of beautiful government plans are never being carried out or a disaster when they do carry them out.

No, I did not say everything, I said almost everything. Never said that it will be carried out flawlessly
that's you saying it. Well so far it has been carried out. And I am very proud of my country for trying
EVEN if it does not go as smoothly as anticipated.

Funny that I say this? I know this and have always said it, not here on this board but Dominicans
know this about the DR gov't controlling the masses.

The DR gov't is trying to move the country forward and yet there are some who complain
because they want it done their way and they DO NOT want to adjust.

Isn't the regularization plan being carried out? The naturalization Bill? The Metro, so far,
and yet so many criticize it as though it's failing? Looking for every little news tidbit to
discredit the efforts? So what, problems are bound to happen along the way, but it isn't
anything major that can't be fixed.

No. I am not expecting perfection, Of course, a lot of plans haven't gone through but I am not
going to disbelieve everything when I see the good that has happened and is happening.

I am in the DR constantly, so I get to see what has been done or not for myself.

Last edited:

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
DR gov't controlling the masses.
Dominican Government can't even control flushing of toilets by its employees in any government building's bathroom. They can stick a piece of paper saying "Por favor descargue el inodoro despu?s de usarlo" on the wall, but who can read there? These so-called people can't do ANYTHING right. What control are you talking about??

Some DR1 members live in another DR, in Parallel Universe.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Dominican Government can't even control flushing of toilets by its employees in any government building's bathroom. They can stick a piece of paper saying "Por favor descargue el inodoro despu?s de usarlo" on the wall, but who can read there? These so-called people can't do ANYTHING right. What control are you talking about??

I don't speak with ignorant fools. Do not quote me. Learn to keep your distance.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
No, I did not say everything, I said almost everything. Never said that it will be carried out flawlessly
that's you saying it. Well so far it has been carried out. And I am very proud of my country for trying
EVEN if it does not go as smoothly as anticipated.

Funny that I say this? I know this and have always said it, not here on this board but Dominicans
know this about the DR gov't controlling the masses.

The DR gov't is trying to move the country forward and yet there are some who complain
because they want it done their way and they DO NOT want to adjust.

Isn't the regularization plan being carried out? The naturalization Bill? The Metro, so far,
and yet so many criticize it as though it's failing? Looking for every little news tidbit to
discredit the efforts? So what, problems are bound to happen along the way, but it isn't
anything major that can't be fixed.

No. I am not expecting perfection, Of course, a lot of plans haven't gone through but I am not
going to disbelieve everything when I see the good that has happened and is happening.

I am in the DR constantly, so I get to see what has been done or not for myself.

Just about everything, you said. The practice shows they don't control anything. They have nice plans but realism says, it won't work. Yes, a few hundred foreigners went to the registration offices, but why do you think that a government that has shown not to be able to maintain a well started plan, now to be insisting and persistent. Small example, some months ago they started to make ramps for wheelchairs, it would be done on all mayor intersections. Nice plan, but they stopped after doing three or four intersections.

Another example: Metro would get feeding buses, never happened, hence a highly inefficient subway system which I'm sure cost way too much for what it's giving the country. The subway is nice, clean, run ok, but I wonder if they did a feasibility study and if they did, I doubt it was feasible in the state it is now, no feeding buses, not reaching Los alcarrizos, no secure parking near the stations (I would use the subway regularly if I could park my car securely next to Luperon subway station.

Education: good plan, we will invest in education. Now they have the money but no plan what to do with it. Let's build schools, let's raise the salaries of teachers, giving good money to bad teachers.

Revista for vehicles: everybody is forced to get a sticker that proofs you vehicle was checked, getting the sticker would take all day and no car was actually checked , in te meantime, now, I see many vehicles without sticker and no Amet caring about it. What control is that? Just more of the same: a good idea, we need to control, carried out in a mediocre or plain bad way and it doesn't get anywhere.

I can go on and on, but it's not easy typing this on a phone...you get the idea.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
I can go on and on, but it's not easy typing this on a phone...you get the idea.
The problem is that once they show some intention to control something, people start to protest, and they have no balls to continue. They can solve all problems with those sh1tty carros publicos, guaguas etc in one week.... force them to pass the REAL inspection, or remove them from the streets... the same with motos, feeder buses, etc... but, ones again, they DON'T HAVE BALLS to do that on daily basis. Nobody in Government, Police, AMET etc wants to be that unpopular guy who started the terror.

The same with prank 911 calls. They will NOT prosecute somebody daily for that. Maybe a couple of times, and then they stop it.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Just about everything, you said. The practice shows they don't control anything. They have nice plans but realism says, it won't work. Yes, a few hundred foreigners went to the registration offices, but why do you think that a government that has shown not to be able to maintain a well started plan, now to be insisting and persistent. Small example, some months ago they started to make ramps for wheelchairs, it would be done on all mayor intersections. Nice plan, but they stopped after doing three or four intersections.

Another example: Metro would get feeding buses, never happened, hence a highly inefficient subway system which I'm sure cost way too much for what it's giving the country. The subway is nice, clean, run ok, but I wonder if they did a feasibility study and if they did, I doubt it was feasible in the state it is now, no feeding buses, not reaching Los alcarrizos, no secure parking near the stations (I would use the subway regularly if I could park my car securely next to Luperon subway station.

Education: good plan, we will invest in education. Now they have the money but no plan what to do with it. Let's build schools, let's raise the salaries of teachers, giving good money to bad teachers.

Revista for vehicles: everybody is forced to get a sticker that proofs you vehicle was checked, getting the sticker would take all day and no car was actually checked , in te meantime, now, I see many vehicles without sticker and no Amet caring about it. What control is that? Just more of the same: a good idea, we need to control, carried out in a mediocre or plain bad way and it doesn't get anywhere.

Mauricio, don't drown in a cup of water.:D And what can be done about it? Dominicans have
seen these failures too, year after year after year. All they can do is hope that eventually
someone will get it right.

I understand your frustrations Mauricio but change will coming....... slowly.

Mar 1, 2009
I believe that Bronzy is on point. The govt has some very good initiatives. However I think a much sterner govt is needed.
TRUJILLOOOOO

LLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCC

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012

Damn, Hernandez. who pi$$ed in your wheaties...........again?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
DR has good laws that address anything and everything. the problem is not legislation and regularization. the problem is reinforcing those laws and having people respect them.

May 12, 2005
DR has good laws that address anything and everything. the problem is not legislation and regularization. the problem is reinforcing those laws and having people respect them.

Time for an iron fist but with a velvet glove

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I constantly answer our guests who ask about laws when they see a crass violation with a rhetorical: "if a law isn't enforced, does it exist?"