Dominican Republic?s murder-for-hire business booms: El Dia

Mar 1, 2009
An acquaintance who had set up a collections agency was murdered while parking his Mercedes at his torre. This is serious stuff. I don't think it will ever get as bad as on the mainland. But then again you never know. The thing about DR is that people here like to talk, and chisme is always up. So everything you do here is found out and that means you will be caught sooner rather than later.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Yes as long as it concerns drug people, that s fine and quite a good thing, but scary if it spreads to "normal" poeple.
Then it will be scary to say bye to your chica...

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I'm still waiting for the "this can happen anywhere" people to put their two cents in.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, There is a real and present danger for a society to allow murders as long as the victims are "bad people". Once this culture takes hold it affects everybody. Arguments, business disputes, neighborhood problems, road rage, relationships, jealousy etc soon elevate to death. Not to mention that we lose our own sense of humanity. I have lived and worked in the belly of the beast and know this to be true.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
There was this famous case a few months ago, about the girl that was shot and then set on fire in her own car. I think it was on Av. Venezuela, in SD. A few days later it was discovered that her boyfriend had paid two underage kids to do the job. One of the kids was captured. All he had to say when questioned by the press was: "he hasn't even paid me yet, he can keep the money now, for all I care". 17 years old.

I'm still waiting for the "this can happen anywhere" people to put their two cents in.

But it can happen everywhere. It just need the right conditions and the right time. All people are civilized as long as they have their needs covered like food on the table and clothes on their body, the second you start to take the basic needs away every human will turn into what we really are- An animal...

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
There was this famous case a few months ago, about the girl that was shot and then set on fire in her own car. I think it was on Av. Venezuela, in SD. A few days later it was discovered that her boyfriend had paid two underage kids to do the job. One of the kids was captured. All he had to say when questioned by the press was: "he hasn't even paid me yet, he can keep the money now, for all I care". 17 years old.

I remember that situation vividly - the crux of the problem is that unfortunately this is heinous act is replicated more often than is highlighted.

Education is the key if a society seeks to be civilized!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Note to Mauricio, and "dv", I thought I was alone in my feeling of disgust,frustration, and hatred for "Juan"!!!!!
He proves that a Proven Thug can be elected here in the DR.
An honest old politician died here several years ago, I can't remember his name, but it was said by all, that he was honest, because he died poor!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
There was a belgian guy murdered by his sanky some years ago. She paid 2 guys each a 1000 euro if i remember the story right.

A lot of people will do anything for the right amount. Hasnt this been around a long time ? In africa kids fight wars since 8 years old and get paid nothing for it. If i were to go with 100 000 peso to pueblo nuevo, it wont take long before it got the right guy for the job.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
as long as its drug related that would be cool with me. i just dont want it to be petty like someone see you with a 2000 paso bill. i dont want to get shot while i leave out a store with a rico chocolate milk

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013

wow! someone must have been mad!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
who is Juan... Sorry but I dont have a clue...

he is one of the sindicalistas de transporte and politicians who in reality have this country in an iron grip. looks like homeless dude begging at grand central station.

n4dvuw.jpg

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Did you HAVE to post his picture??????
Wrap his head in some Toilet Paper, and I would say that "Seal Team 6" shot the wrong guy!!!!!!!
They are/were, "Terroristas"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Rep Dom", if you want to call yourself "Rep. Dom." then you should know something about the "Rep. Dom.!!!!!
I suggest reading a local newspaper, or watching some local TV news shows.