Dominican Republic to require negative covid test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If someone wants to pursue this further, go to the asonahores website

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If someone wants to pursue this further, go to the asonahores website

Is this what you are trying to post ?

"The president of the Dominican Republic, Luis Abinader Corona, announced today a set of initiatives to address the challenges facing the tourism sector in the wake of the current pandemic and thus ensure that the country is a safe travel destination.

The Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan for COVID-19, led by the President himself, will contribute to caring for the health, well-being and safety of tourists and will also promote a sustainable recovery of the tourism sector.

"Our goal is to minimize the effects of the pandemic and promote a responsible recovery that prioritizes health, maximizes the potential for job creation and economic growth, and encourages the sector to continue to develop in a sustainable way," he said.

The Minister of Tourism, David Collado, for his part, explained that the new government in conjunction with the National Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Dominican Republic (ASONAHORES) has had working meetings to understand the concerns of tourists and the needs of the sector in the country.

“We are focused on promoting the continuous growth of tourism, as well as our country image, convinced that together we will overcome the challenges of the pandemic and ensure that the Dominican Republic continues to occupy the first place in the region as a destination of choice for our foreign visitors. , both for vacationing, doing business, investing or a favorite place as a second residence ”, he pointed out.

The plan presented by the government provides a set of measures to guarantee the health and safety of Dominican and foreign tourists. These measures will include new internationally certified sanitary protocols and will cover the entire industry, including restaurants and bars.

Measurements include:

• Starting at the end of September, random tests of rapid application will be carried out upon arrival in the country, such as the breath test for the diagnosis of COVID-19. Once this measure has been entered, the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test carried out prior to the visit, which is in force until then, will be eliminated.

• The use of masks and social distancing, essential elements during the stay in the country, will be mandatory.

• As of the last days of September, all tourists visiting a hotel will be temporarily granted a travel assistance plan that will include emergency coverage, telemedicine services, long-stay accommodation and flight change costs. the occurrence of a COVID-19 contagion. This insurance will be provided at no cost to the visitor until December 2020, covered 100% by the Dominican State.

• A Labor Health Bubble will be implemented to ensure that hotel employees stay within their facilities for as long as possible.

• Effective health management will be carried out in the relationship with suppliers, contractors and employees. In the case of the latter, there will be a robust dynamics in the flow to and from the hotels, together with constant testing.

• Labor regulations are in the process of being adapted to minimize and mitigate risks for employees.

The government said that this protocol is in the process of certification by both Safe Travels of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) and Buró Veritas, both world leaders in certifications in the sector.

The plan will be in charge of a new Tourism Cabinet, led by the President of the Republic himself, under the executive direction of the Minister of Tourism and made up of institutions that directly affect the value chain of the sector. The Cabinet will constantly monitor the impact and effectiveness of each implemented initiative, adjusting when necessary.

This effort will be accompanied by an effective communication plan through all channels and points of contact with tourists and allies to let everyone know that the Dominican Republic is a safe country to travel. The communication plan includes training, detailed material, constant updating and optimization of search mechanisms. "

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Because HE knows what is BEST for you ... you are not smart enough to know ....lmao

you sure have a lot of PASSION about it ..
why is that ? why are you so concerned what OTHER people do with THEIR BODIES ?
Guess because it’s better then bitterness and hatred spewed by minority..

Reactions: OldSkool

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
you sure have a lot of PASSION about it ..
why is that ? why are you so concerned what OTHER people do with THEIR BODIES ?

My concern is not so much about what you do with your body, rather about what effect your actions or, in this case inactions, have on other people.
If it were just about you, I would say...
Go for it. Take your chances with the virus. Your body, your choice.
However it is not just about you.
As we speak, the D.R.'s neighbor to the north, the U.S.A. is experiencing an incredible surge of the Delta variant of Covid19.
In places where vaccination rates are low, hospitals are jampacked full, people with non Covid related issues can't get a bed and health care employees are exhausted, demoralized and sick to death of the whole anti-vax fury.
Just as importantly, the longer the virus is permitted to fester, the more opportunity there will be for other variants to come along and render the existing vaccines totally ineffective.
I can't help but think that some kind of misguided (in my opinion) adherence to the Ayn Rand "objectivism" philosophy might at the root of the stubborn refusal to be a team player.
If one believes in the Randian credo, then nobody other than the self matters.
That is not a mainstream idea.
At least until very recently it hasn't been.
Fingers crossed that it remains fringe in nature.
Man is a social animal and, in order to survive and prosper, must depend, to a certain degree, on others along the way.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Tourists have few (if any) 'safe ' Caribbean destinations.... the best on the list is moderate

DR is High risk... others are Very High risk
=========================

A high risk country should be a great destination for a traveler coming from a very high risk country like the US.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
My concern is not so much about what you do with your body, rather about what effect your actions or, in this case inactions, have on other people.
As we speak, the D.R.'s neighbor to the north, the U.S.A. is experiencing an incredible surge of the Delta variant of Covid19.
In places where vaccination rates are low, hospitals are jampacked full, people with non Covid related issues can't get a bed and health care employees are exhausted, demoralized and sick to death of the whole anti-vax fury.
Just as importantly, the longer the virus is permitted to fester, the more opportunity there will be for other variants to come along and render the existing vaccines totally ineffective.
I can't help but think that some kind of misguided (in my opinion) adherence to the Ayn Rand "objectivism" philosophy might at the root of the stubborn refusal to be a team player.
Man is a social animal and, in order to survive and prosper, must depend, to a certain degree, on others along the way.
" the longer the virus is permitted to fester, the more opportunity there will for other variants to come along and render the existing vaccines totally ineffective " yes only it will take only one new variant to emerge and cause a total disaster.....with this new virus that is airbourne and very lethal. and no vaccine in sight... the anti vaccine people will vanish like the snow in a spring rain.............

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Guess because it’s better then bitterness and hatred spewed by minority..
the people who stood up against SLAVERY were also a Minority ..
The German and other Good People who despised the Nazis, were also a MINORITY at the time

what is your Point exactly, because using Logic and critical thinking is obviously not your strong smooth .
just copy and Paste what the media tells you to think

but enjoy your Many Vaccination boosters . I have no problem with you believing what you do ,, until it interferes with my personal freedoms .
And Injecting something into MY body , is as personal as it gets ..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

one more time

WHY is you Vaccination NOT protecting you ? as you were promised ..

When and WHY is it MY responsibility to PROTECT you ??
Especially when it comes to a Virus with such a low Death Rate .

Low Death Rate.. + u are Vaccinated = I don't owe you anything ..
not even wearing a MASK is owed to you ..

OR will you admit finally that you were LIED to ?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
" the longer the virus is permitted to fester, the more opportunity there will for other variants to come along and render the existing vaccines totally ineffective " yes only it will take only one new variant to emerge and cause a total disaster.....with this new virus that is airbourne and very lethal. and no vaccine in sight... the anti vaccine people will vanish like the snow in a spring rain.............

IF you are suggesting that 100 % Compliance is REQUIRED for these Vaccines to work .
I ask this

How will they accomplish this ? you are essentially saying that people will be force vaccinated against their will , because Logically 100% compliance is not possible .

The anti vaccine people will vanish ? where will they go ? do you have CAMPS set up for them , in your mind .

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Glad to hear it. I'm not vaxed.
the people who stood up against SLAVERY were also a Minority ..
The German and other Good People who despised the Nazis, were also a MINORITY at the time

what is your Point exactly, because using Logic and critical thinking is obviously not your strong smooth .
just copy and Paste what the media tells you to think

but enjoy your Many Vaccination boosters . I have no problem with you believing what you do ,, until it interferes with my personal freedoms .
And Injecting something into MY body , is as personal as it gets ..
I see the problem it’s comprehension you talk apples and oranges, nobody told you to get vaccine feeling you have to is a you issue..people here are reporting what’s happening enjoy your freedom as one should..not our fault your beliefs will paint you corner soon enough enjoy your backyard..you can always move to Brazil Bolsanaro welcomes you..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I see the problem it’s comprehension you talk apples and oranges, nobody told you to get vaccine feeling you have to is a you issue..people here are reporting what’s happening enjoy your freedom as one should..not our fault your beliefs will paint you corner soon enough enjoy your backyard..you can always move to Brazil Bolsanaro welcomes you..
The difference between me and you is since the BEGINNING of this thing I repeated one thing MANY times
" NO ONE on he Planet will ESCAPE being exposed , 100 % of the Global Population will be exposed at some time"..
( and how did i know this ? , you may ask .. cuz you DID call us conspiracy theorists , even on THIS point )
You can go check my posts

YOUR side kept preaching , " IF enough of us get Vaccinated .. then this will go away" ..
But you were lied to . and you repeated the Lies..

and in fact Vaccinated people are the biggest spreaders of this Virus at this point ( because as you yourself have said, you have become the Majority)

is any of this sinking in yet ?
yes , comprehension
and CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER ..if you were to follow it , you would be able to connect the dots .

Reactions: twoinsosua

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I did not realize when I posted the thread it would go left with some posters and their comments. I posted the thread because I have had several of our friends in the USA, etc..asking if this is correct or fact. They assume because we live here that I could confirm this. Unfortunately I have not heard anything "official" that a negative test will be a requirement for entering the DR. Some of you keep up with the news better than me so I thought maybe someone may have heard something about this. ***MODS feel free to close the thread. Clearly many of the comments are not what the thread was intended for***

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
jd,
I fear that your anger and your insatiable need to be right, while everybody else is wrong, is impeding your ability to comprehend what people are saying to you.
You ask questions but, you never listen to the answers.
Enough already with the personal insults.
They will neither win you friends nor assist you in influencing people.
Take it down a notch, why don't you.
Let your logic shine through.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
jd,
I fear that your anger and your insatiable need to be right, while everybody else is wrong, is impeding your ability to comprehend what people are saying to you.
You ask questions but, you never listen to the answers.
Enough already with the personal insults.
They will neither win you friends nor assist you in influencing people.
Take it down a notch, why don't you.
Let your logic shine through.
I see why you chose your screen name
it suits you perfectly ..

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The difference between me and you is since the BEGINNING of this thing I repeated one thing MANY times
Yes, you have repeated it many times and now I think we all know where you stand so there is no need to keep endlessly doing so - especially when it has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
" NO ONE on he Planet will ESCAPE being exposed , 100 % of the Global Population will be exposed at some time"..
( and how did i know this ? , you may ask .. cuz you DID call us conspiracy theorists , even on THIS point )
You can go check my posts

YOUR side kept preaching , " IF enough of us get Vaccinated .. then this will go away" ..
But you were lied to . and you repeated the Lies..

and in fact Vaccinated people are the biggest spreaders of this Virus at this point ( because as you yourself have said, you have become the Majority)ta
is any of this sinking in yet ?
yes , comprehension
and CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER ..if you were to follow it , you would be able to connect the dots .
Your such a hypocrite follow your own preaching and stay on topic Daisy Duke.

• Haha
Reactions: OldSkool and jd426
Status
Not open for further replies.