Dominican Restaurant in Central Texas...

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
The new Dominican Restaurant (Cafe Mangu) will be opening
its doors on Tuesday, September 20th in Pflugerville Texas.
The address is 5200 FM 1825. It will be between the Three Points Auto
shop and Blockbuster Video. It is a nice little bright yellow house,
that you can't miss.

blastdiaz

Aug 15, 2005
Dominican Restaurant - Texas

deelt said:
This town is in or near Austin, TX.

I wonder why would someone start a Dominican Restaurant in Pflugerville, Texas, 200 Miles from Dallas, 20 Miles from Austin, Dominican Restaurants are not only exclusive in Texas but then in a remote location? I am not sure that's a good mix of arroz con habichuelas to start a business.

I have always looked for a latin/dominican/cuban restaurant in the Dallas area but nothing, when I see all kinds of restaurants full and succesfull makes me think what a success a dominican restaurant would be.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
There is a dominican/ caribbeancommunity in Austin that is supporting/promoting it. That's how I found out about it and I live in the east coast. Other thing is...we all have to start somewhere.

snugglepebbles69

Sep 12, 2006
Lookin for dominicans

Hey is there anyone that can help me find a dominican community in huston texas, see i just moved here bout a month ago so am tryin to find a community o somethin if anyones a place o somethin please email me at snugglepebbles69@aol.com

elo23

Mar 9, 2008
Mangus

I am a Dominican who lives in Austin and have visited the restaurant twice. I was terribly disappointed. Mangu is the staple of Dominicans and for it to be so runny and lumpy it should be called Sopa de Mangu. It would be the difference between getting mashed potatoes and soupy mashed potatoes with lumps in it. I went again just because the Puerto Rican restaurant I wanted to take my family to was closed on Sunday. I made the comment that the last time I was there the Mangu was runny. The waitress affirmed me that they have a new cook since then. We ordered it and that is still not Mangu. The beans come with pork and I have never found pork in beans in any Dominican household. They should change the name of the restaurant or learn to really cook Dominican food.

freddya

May 1, 2008
I've been there several times, I don't know what the other posters are saying. I think It's really, really good Dominican food.

elo23

Mar 9, 2008
Mangus

I am still living in Austin and am from the capital Santo Domingo. Freddy I take it you are not Dominican.

fely79

Feb 15, 2010
I am a Dominican who lives in Austin and have visited the restaurant twice. I was terribly disappointed. Mangu is the staple of Dominicans and for it to be so runny and lumpy it should be called Sopa de Mangu. It would be the difference between getting mashed potatoes and soupy mashed potatoes with lumps in it. I went again just because the Puerto Rican restaurant I wanted to take my family to was closed on Sunday. I made the comment that the last time I was there the Mangu was runny. The waitress affirmed me that they have a new cook since then. We ordered it and that is still not Mangu. The beans come with pork and I have never found pork in beans in any Dominican household. They should change the name of the restaurant or learn to really cook Dominican food.

Do u still live in Austin? We live in Chicago n r planning 2 move to Austin. My Husband is Dominikan n u know how u guys r. They like 2 b arround other dominikans. Como buen dominikano, he's into BASEBALL.

fely79

Feb 15, 2010
There is a dominican/ caribbeancommunity in Austin that is supporting/promoting it. That's how I found out about it and I live in the east coast. Other thing is...we all have to start somewhere.

Do u know if they still have the dominican/caribbean comminity in Austin?

fely79

Feb 15, 2010
Me n my family currently live in Chicago (lots of dominikans here) but we're planning 2 move 2 Austin in about a year. My husband is dominikan and it's very concerned because he would like to have dominikan friends. Are they any dominican people around the area any ligas de baseball dominicanas? Baseball is his life.