• Valiente

• El León

• Campeón

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Vino tinto is red wine and there are several Dominican brands. Usually, this is used in cooking, but it can be a drink/

Any of the Dominican vino tinto brands popular with expats?

La Fuerza
IMG_2829.jpeg

El Jefe
IMG_2826.jpeg

Valiente
IMG_2824.jpeg

El León
IMG_2821.jpeg

Campeón
IMG_2820.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Good question. Maybe these are similar cases to Swiss chocolate?

Aug 21, 2007
Where are the vineyards that produce the grapes for these wines?
I believe I read years ago that there is a high end development somewhere in the south. There are houses built that are surrounded with vineyards. I always wanted to go see it. Anyone else know about this place?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I was shopping with a female friend many years ago and I grabbed a La Fuerza and put it in the cart. She looked around then grabbed it and put it back on the shelf and said "Don't even think about buying that"

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, the southwest is known for being the grape growing region in the DR. I'm sure you see the raisons from these grapes in the supermarket. I have seen the ads for Ocoa Bay wines on Telemicro here in NJ and met a person on Clubhouse during the pandemic from Samana that was developing a fine wine in the DR. I've never tried the ones listed above but you do see them in most colmados.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
This doesn’t look good for my acid reflux. Good I quit drinking alcohol anyway. Soon 5 years ago.

Reactions: JD Jones
Aug 21, 2007
Ocoa Bay (https://ocoabay.com/en/) is on my list of places to visit. I've never seen their wine for sale on the island.
Has anyone on here visited it? It looks lovely! If no one has, I will go and give a report.

And to keep this on the subject posted, La Fuerza is about as fine as Mogen David.....and Cherycol cough syrup (if you remember that!) But I might just try it as cooking wine. Never thought of that.

Reactions: AlaPlaya
Aug 21, 2007
Years ago I was invited to a young adult Catholic event in Jamao - seated at the head table, I don't know why, There was dinner and dancing amongst these 18,19, 20-25 year olds. All very sweet and innocent. At the end of the night they crowned the king and the queen. And then they crowned another queen. Me! I guess I was the oldest queen of all (thank you very much!)

But before the lights turned out, they passed around 8 ounce cups and filled them to the brim with La Fuerza.

I put it to my lips and could not go one millimeter further.