Dominican Vodka

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Well the Dominicans have been pretty successful with their rum, and many tourists waking up on the bathroom floor can testify that the stuff delivers.

But Vodka is in fashion now, and some enterprising folks decided it was time for the DR to have their own.

Since I am a big huge fan of Dominican innovation and enterprise I went out and plunked down 325 pesos at my local liquor store for a bottle and went home to make myself my very first Dominican Vodka martini.

Here is my review. I guess.

I am too messed up to read the label right now so you will have to read the fine print if you want a bottle for yourself. Plus the kitchen is downstairs and I'm not getting up till I finish this drink. Maybe not then either. It's the one that says its made in DR. You'll find it, just read all the labels, the brand name is not Spanish at all, its has a bunch of letters in it, I forget which ones.

Anyway this is actually round 2. Round 1 was last night. I had about 3 shots worth and had a great evening. Long philosophical discussion with the wife regarding the subtle difference between discernment and paranoia.

This was followed by great sex (though that might have been a dream) and at no point did I actually feel drunk in entire evening, right until the point where I passed out.

In the morning though, I was real hung over. I mean hung over as if I had been drinking brugal, and a lot more than 3 shots worth.

So my point is, that stuff tastes great, goes down smooth, and there is a price to pay the next morning. In that sense it is very similar to many Dominican experiences.

So please, drink responsibly, use protection, and somebody please tell me what this stuff is called because that label keeps moving all over the place and I just lkhkjn d bskjbdf huebbbskjbdbnfb e bfkdjbskjhe f dhhhhhhh eheeee.

Reactions: beeza and CFA123

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Nice* review, MrM.

For your next potent potables review, you might want to attempt rainbow drinking. Just stop by your favorite bar and order one each of something red, white, clear, brown, orange, blue.. until you've run through their stock.

*I'll re-read after a few more drinks... it might then qualify as a great review.

drink.gif

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Too funny MrM!

I think I know what vodka you are talking about. it's written in some form of Dominican pseudo Cyrillic.

I've also noticed another brand called Red Russian which is often taped to a bottle of cranberry juice on offerta.

I've also seen another brand that is one letter away from Jerk off! IRC it's called Jerikoff!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Since I am a big huge fan of Dominican innovation and enterprise I went out and plunked down 325 pesos at my local liquor store for a bottle and went home to make myself my very first Dominican Vodka martini.

Dominican водочка is made from yuca, and not worth the pain the next day. You are much better off with Barcelo Platino.

I'll stick with my Grey-Goo, 911 & a splash of Gramberry!

May 29, 2006
Vodka from Yuca? Ouch. Sounds worse than the Azerbaijani brandy I used to drink. Three shots of that and I'd spend the next morning clinging to the bed with a case of the spins.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Ever been to one of the all inclusives and tasted their bar brand liquors, lol? The hotel brands like "Normandy" where it's all just low grade rum (if i'm not mistaken) died to resemble the liquor it's impersonating. i.e. The Normandy brand whiskey, gin, rum are identical in taste but one is died gold, one is transparent and one is died brown.

Siberia'n man

Feb 23, 2010
Vodka is the national russian drink. It can not be american/dominican/french and etc vodka. Only russian. We can offer excellent russian vodka.