Apr 6, 2007
yes there are Dominican in Charlotte.NC

;) ;)
Dominican in Charlotte.nc
kiri's unisex salon(Dominican)
4401 E. Independence Blvd suite 101
Charlotte.NC
704-537-0507 Ask for Ada she is Dominican
Good niece and clean place friendly people good stylist and very clean..

kiri00

Apr 6, 2007
Charlotte nc dominican hair salon

I desperately need a dominican hairstylist in Charlotte. If only I could convince my dominican hairstylist(s) in NY to move down here, they would be a hot commodity.

;) claro! kiris unisex salon cahrlotte,nc.
dominican hair salon
4401 E. Independence Blvd
charlotte nc 28205
704-537-0507 stylist Ada
By: Appoitments.;)

NickyA

May 30, 2007
Hello,
I am currently in Greenville NC, I am interested in Charlotte in the near future...Can you give me more information about the hispanic population there, more specifically dominicans....It would be really nice to know there are other dominicans other than me around here!!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
City Data

Hello,
I am currently in Greenville NC, I am interested in Charlotte in the near future...Can you give me more information about the hispanic population there, more specifically dominicans....It would be really nice to know there are other dominicans other than me around here!!

I have been using a web site called City Data--click on to NC and then Charlotte.
Post to forum board and/or their search function. Lots of info.

P.S. I don't know how to post links, etc. Duh, sorry.

tata1226

Jul 20, 2007
Thinkin about movin out there

Well we moved 2 years ago and we have adjusted really well. We have met quite a few Dominicans here. There are many Dominican businesses here and I hear that a Dominican Club is on the way!

Well after speaking with my mom, she asked me to look up north carolina and the dominican community, because of the fact that she's thinkin of comin back to the states. I currently live in lawrence, ma which is mainly dominicans and puerto ricans out here. I mean, I ve heard a couple of things about it, but i'm still not too sure. I would want to live some where I would feel comfortable. And i mostly feel comfortable around what i know and what i am. If there aint too many dominicans out there. Wouldn't even think about it. So can someone let me know what's rally going on out in N.C. What is it like? How big is the dominican community out there? Where da dominican clubs at? Did they build it yet?

GOPpartypros

Apr 22, 2008
www.GOPpartypros.com
Dominicans In NC...!!!!

Hi Guys,

Former New Yorker Here.
Married into Dominican Family.. I moved to Sanford,NC 2 yrs ago.. love the atmosphere.. too quiet compared to NYC but thats why i moved out here anyway.. Dominicans are trickling down from NYC.. mostly going to Fayetteville,NC because they have family in FORT BRAGG military base.. My friend is the Owner of El Rancho Restaurant in Sanford,NC.. I'm a Karaoke & DJ Services provider.. I will be giving him Karaoke services for his Restaurant.. Jose Correa (owner) of the place needs Dominican Support to keep his business alive.. I'm contributing my services..possibly making a Lounge area with music in his business also.. C'mon guys lets keep the Dominicans coming..too many other Latinos, little Dominicans..:ermm:
visit his website: El Rancho Caribbean Restaurant - Home plus mine: Home

drebel

Aug 15, 2008
Raleigh

Hey everyone. Just wanted to update the forum and say that raleigh is a nice area for dominicans. We have a club AMBIS 1, several dominican owned supermarkets. A hair Salon Sunny's Salon.. A dominican Restaurant Caribbean Cafe, Check out the website at Caribbean Cafe - Delicious latin food in Raleigh,NC. for those of you who are looking to have your native foods or anyone else who wants to taste the wonderful foods of the caribbean. Also in durham a couple spanish own supermarkets.. and a fine restaurant as one of the previous posters said called LA Regia.. So if you are afraid of moving here because there is not presense you are mistaken. PM me if you have any questions.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hey everyone. Just wanted to update the forum and say that raleigh is a nice area for dominicans. We have a club AMBIS 1, several dominican owned supermarkets. A hair Salon Sunny's Salon.. A dominican Restaurant Caribbean Cafe, Check out the website at Caribbean Cafe - Delicious latin food in Raleigh,NC. for those of you who are looking to have your native foods or anyone else who wants to taste the wonderful foods of the caribbean. Also in durham a couple spanish own supermarkets.. and a fine restaurant as one of the previous posters said called LA Regia.. So if you are afraid of moving here because there is not presense you are mistaken. PM me if you have any questions.

I visited the caribbean cafe three month ago, nothing great, the waiter was a girl, that for her acent is from Puerto Rico,I guess. My order was " biste ensebollado con moro de guandules ". Me quede con hambre de tan chin que me sirvieron.

JJ.

GOPpartypros

Apr 22, 2008
www.GOPpartypros.com
Comida Dominicana in Raleigh,NC

I visited the caribbean cafe three month ago, nothing great, the waiter was a girl, that for her acent is from Puerto Rico,I guess. My order was " biste ensebollado con moro de guandules ". Me quede con hambre de tan chin que me sirvieron.

JJ.

Chamaco, JJ

La proxima pide la PAELLA... deliciosa.. yeah i know it's not Dominican style food..LOL.. pero no te queda con hambre la proxima..LOL.. :laugh: tu pide tostones te dan como 4..?? I don't get it either..? pero hay que ayudarlos ( apoyarlos ) con su negocio.. ya que todo los Mexicanos ayudan a su raza..Uno hay que ayudar la de uno tambien..

Happy Holidays everybody.. Oye donde deje el BRUGAL... ?? :rambo:

Link: Dominican Businesses

BIZC8

Dec 21, 2006
Re: Dominicans in NC (Charlotte)

Hello,

There's a restaurant in Charlotte called Punta Cana on South Blvd & Tyvola Rd which seems to be the meeting place/hub for local Dominicans. The entertainer there is a close, personal friend of mine. He has a karaoke show for all the customers. When in Charlotte, make that a definite stop for you. Best day to go are Saturdays after 9pm.

PAN_CON_QUESO

Dec 31, 2008
yeah, i heard there were a couple of growing dominican communities in nc, i have cousins over there, and me myself just moved to south carolina from brooklyn 2 weeks ago and theere arent many dominicans here, i jus know this one dominican/mexican restaurant

babyplatinum

Aug 24, 2008

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
NC Hair Salon Products

Hello everyone, is anyone knows of any dominican hair stylist's or anyone who has any beauty skills, and live in north carolina, please let me me know of them as my salon is in need of some dominicanas to help out, my number is (631) 332-6802, you may visit our web page at MySpace.com - * ~Yvelisse Salon~* - 39 - Female - CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - www.myspace.com/dominicanhairstyle , you can also E-mail me at Mdelgado1986@gmail.com thanks.

Hello! You may want to call D&A BEAUTY CONCEPTS INC. and talk to Luis Duran
Phone:919-608-9058. He's the NC distributor for AlterEgo Italy salon hair products that Dominican salons love - he might be able to help you because I'll bet he knows them all. I'm the NJ & DE distributor and about 80% of my customers are Dominican salons.

Donnie66

Jan 11, 2009
Hello

I am not Dominican but my daughter and girlfriend are. I live in Charlotte but I really enjoy the Dominicans culture and family lifestyle. I travel to Puerto Plata 1 or 3 times every 3 months. I am thinking of trying to move them here soon in the future. I like to meet some Dominican here or nearby. My spanish is not all that great due to the fact I don't get a chance to speak it that much here in Charlotte,so any help would be great. I love to listen to Bachata and Salsa and Reggaeton. My favorite artist is Aventura and Frank Reyes, Anthony Santos. I really look forward to meeting someone soon and give me that island feeling.

Donnie66

Jan 11, 2009
I am not Dominican but I visit the Dominican Republic alot throughout the year and I live in Charlotte but I really enjoy the Dominicans culture and family lifestyle. I travel to Puerto Plata 1 or 3 times every 3 months plus the Dominicans party really hard and really know how to fun. I like to meet some Dominicans here or nearby but my Spanish is not all that great due to the fact that I don't get a chance to speak that much Spanish here in Charlotte,so if there any Dominicans here, I would like your help and it would be greatly appreicated. I love to listen to Bachata and Salsa and Reggaeton. My favorite artists are Aventura and Frank Reyes, Anthony Santos and Maelo Ruiz. I really look forward to meeting someone soon and give me that Caribbean Island feeling here in Charlotte.My friends in Puerto Plata all say that I'm a honorary Dominican and I reply '' I'm glad to be one".