Dominicans in the U.S. Can you identify?

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
paleoanthropology to be more exact...that is what i have studied. and all it comes down to is that we are all 99.999% the same and we only differ physically because of regional/climate factors. Within humans the primary dividers are culture and language. Its called the "Out of Africa" model and...... wikipedia is not a very good source for anything but pop culture and even then its iffy.

If you think thats a logical basis for ANYTHING something is not right. If you DONT know that kind of wacky, faulty reasoning is just a pretext, something isnt right.

Races were thought up pretty recently in comparison to what we know of man and though some may think being black is a curse that soils anything it touches I will never agree. Genes were never relevant. They still arent. They arent looking for codes. They are looking for people to subjugate by any means. If color is an easy way, then they make up crap like that.

The FBI, whoever, whatever...every country is the same. If its not blacks its some other marginalized group. Its not always about race but its always about having people to step on.

If you ever get to solve it in one place, whether it be classism, religious bias, etc...you will have the magic key to solve it all. But good luck with that. Its pretty realistic and safe to assume these dynamics will always exist.

And as far as your figures of how many whites there were vs blacks vs whatever...Do you realize everyone pulls out completely different stats on that depending on what point they are trying to prove?

You can try to assume what other people are depending on faulty "stats" that no one ever really produces, and just peg them as "x" because you say so but thats not very smart.

Do you know the lineage of my grandparents that well? Can you tell me what % of black they were just by my phenotype and what you read on wikipedia? If over half of my greatgrandparents are actually non-black how does that mesh with your 25-1 theory and your assumptions on DR's, PR's and anyone elses race? Could it be you dont know as much as you think and its nowhere near as clean cut as you'd like?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
so there you have we virtually all have some black DNA somewhere - what is all this black and white buisiness anyway , I dont know anyone black or white, but I know a lot in between- case closed there is only one race -the human race

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Famous quote on race by US political satirist P J O'Rourke:
People are all exactly alike. There's no such thing as a race and barely such a thing as an ethnic group. If we were dogs, we'd be the same breed. George Bush and an Australian Aborigine have fewer differences than a Lhasa apso and a toy fox terrier. A Japanese raised in Riyadh would be an Arab. A Zulu raised in New Rochelle would be an orthodontist. People are all the same, though their circumstances differ terribly.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Williams

I realize that you are probably a highly educated person, but the fact that you put so much faith in Wikipedia as a source does tend to be suspect. Plus As Popnychick requested Paragraph breaks help readability

You force this by using the enter key on your keyboard. Normally located on the right side just above the shift key.

Plus I'm not sure what your convoluted statement is really trying to prove with all the genetic information. What I got out of it was the fact that I was correct with my statement that AA are the only ones enforcing the 1 drop rule anymore. The rest of your statement was hyperbole. And you really need to either shoot or demand your money back from your history professors. Both for USA and Caribbean history.

A lot of those name changes you refer to were due to the people logging the immigrants into Ellis Island not spelling the name correctly, and the immigrant not correcting them. Remember the world population at that time was mostly illiterate. And spelling an Italian or Polish name for example was kind of hit and miss

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
if you have

access to HBO, I would recommend watching the Chris Rock special that is playing this month...He puts a wonderful spin on the whole race thing and is one of my favorites.

I particularly like his line... "black man has got to fly to get to where a white man can walk. You know what it would take for a black dentist to live in my neighborhood? He would have to have invented teeth."

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Uncovers the 'truth'?
How do the actions of one retired baseball player with money reflect or is somehow representative of Dominicans in general?
You say people 'don't like what you say", have you ever thought that perhaps they disagree or question it or even debunk it?
I can put together a whole rant on how Duarte was supposedly a member of the Ku Klux Klan, it isn't true but it'll generate controversy and most will disagree with me, so how does history prove you right?

This Golo100 guy definitely must be an idiot. He need to take some Critical Thinking classes, maybe 1 and 2 or even 3.

anwwilliams

Sep 29, 2007
last reply on this topic

paleoanthropology to be more exact...that is what i have studied. and all it comes down to is that we are all 99.999% the same and we only differ physically because of regional/climate factors. Within humans the primary dividers are culture and language. Its called the "Out of Africa" model and...... wikipedia is not a very good source for anything but pop culture and even then its iffy.

If you think thats a logical basis for ANYTHING something is not right. If you DONT know that kind of wacky, faulty reasoning is just a pretext, something isnt right.

Races were thought up pretty recently in comparison to what we know of man and though some may think being black is a curse that soils anything it touches I will never agree. Genes were never relevant. They still arent. They arent looking for codes. They are looking for people to subjugate by any means. If color is an easy way, then they make up crap like that.

The FBI, whoever, whatever...every country is the same. If its not blacks its some other marginalized group. Its not always about race but its always about having people to step on.

If you ever get to solve it in one place, whether it be classism, religious bias, etc...you will have the magic key to solve it all. But good luck with that. Its pretty realistic and safe to assume these dynamics will always exist.

And as far as your figures of how many whites there were vs blacks vs whatever...Do you realize everyone pulls out completely different stats on that depending on what point they are trying to prove?

You can try to assume what other people are depending on faulty "stats" that no one ever really produces, and just peg them as "x" because you say so but thats not very smart.

Do you know the lineage of my grandparents that well? Can you tell me what % of black they were just by my phenotype and what you read on wikipedia? If over half of my greatgrandparents are actually non-black how does that mesh with your 25-1 theory and your assumptions on DR's, PR's and anyone elses race? Could it be you dont know as much as you think and its nowhere near as clean cut as you'd like?

[LAST RESEARCH ON THIS TOPIC AFTER THIS PARAGRAPH]

Much anger in your response. I didn't mean to make you angry. Maybe I'm being correctly understood or misunderstood. If you're mixed you're mixed. Claim both parents as you are. Uplift any heritage that is yours with pride. I only consider myself attacking notions of a prevalent problem I know. It was appalling to me when I began travelling to different countries and heard and saw this through dating, in conversations, and so on. I've dated people darker than I am (I am not light skin) claiming and saying they are white. This bothered me. I couldn't believe it and saw it as pure brainwashing. I did not think they're decision on what to call themselves came from choice, love of their heritage and people and understanding of history but of preference, shame, and denial. Here is better research against your opinion. Just to let you know it isn't always what we think we know. Whites have taught me plenty of my own history that I argued and did not know was true. Education is education. This is all I am after and all I attempt to show. It's not always 100% accurate but overrall I do base many of my facts on what I read in books and talking to people and visiting countries and reading for myself at sites what is. I guess next I'll have to take pictures and bring in census bureaus which as you might have alluded to were very shaky. At least I spent time to try and scientifically, philosophically, and scholastically prove my point. I could come from opinion and using my eyes like you with No facts, but hey here's research.

I didn't want to say this because I know how angry some Dominicans get when you reveal the relation with Haiti, but here it is. According to University of Kentucky: On the other hand, the example of Saint Domingue shows that it took special conditions for a slave revolt to succeed in the New World. Slaves outnumbered whites in Saint Domingue by more than 10 to 1. Even so, their superior military technology enabled the whites to control the colony until the French Revolution divided the whites among themselves and turned the mixed-race population against them. Toussaint?s success also depended heavily on his ability to play the different white powers against each other. At crucial moments in his career, he benefited from support from the Spanish, the British, and the Americans. Understanding the conditions that allowed the Haitian Revolution to succeed helps us understand what factors allowed the white slaveowners of the American South to keep power for so long.

MY LAST Research for this website On THIS TOPIC: (I won't reply to any more e-mails.)
A French Legislator?s Explanation of the Slave Revolt (1797)
1. ?In the midst of the general exaltation of passions caused by the Revolution, when the word liberty was in everyone?s mouths, even those of the white colonists who used it to claim tyrannical power and political independence for themselves, when the symbols of freedom were displayed everywhere, it would have been odd indeed if the blacks alone had been deaf to the sound of a word that promised them a condition so different from the one they were suffering under. They saw the whites fighting among themselves and alienating the mulattoes. They outnumbered the whites ten to one. One would have to have a very poor understanding of human nature to think that, in such a situation, the blacks needed any inspiration other than this impulse that is irresistible for all living creatures?? (Garran-Coulon, Rapport sur les Troubles de Saint-Domingue, 2:194)
Black slaves heavily outnumbered both the whites and the free coloreds, however: there were 465,000 of them in Saint Domingue by 1789. About half of the slaves had been born in Africa. Slaves were imported from many regions in West Africa. They brought some traditions and beliefs with them, but they had to adapt to a very different environment in the Caribbean.
THE HEART
The fact is there are dominant and recessive genes as it pertains to geneaology. Fact is there are mix people and that is called the world. Fact is the definition of races are largely a human construct with only a little science to support it. Fact is in America there was a time when Blacks or people of color or coloreds or African Americans/whatever used to try and claim everything but being black. All that was said was I am Cherokee mixed with Italian, mixed with a little Asian and only a little bit of Black. Noone wanted to claim black and this became a trend. A movement rose up and silenced all this to unite blacks and people of color and said stop denying what you appear to be "a person of color." Thus, people of color in America whose Ancestry included African largely began to say and accept what once they denied and thought of as a negative term "Black," as a sense of unity and identity. Thus, no more mentioning of a lineage that to many degrees was impossible to trace and therefore came to the acceptance that all colored people were considered and treated as black by White oppressors. Therefore Blacks no longer saw any difference in the words colored or Black or persons of color because of this. Blacks or persons of color did continue to accept because of oppression that Whites obviously were different, but b/c of Black's mixed heritage they did see people of other mixed heritages that included African as black or people of color.

anwwilliams

Sep 29, 2007
last reply on this topic CLARIFIED

[LAST RESEARCH ON THIS TOPIC AFTER THIS PARAGRAPH]

Much anger in your response. I didn't mean to make you angry. Maybe I'm being correctly understood or misunderstood. If you're mixed you're mixed. Claim both parents as you are. Uplift any heritage that is yours with pride. I only consider myself attacking notions of a prevalent problem I know. It was appalling to me when I began travelling to different countries and heard and saw this through dating, in conversations, and so on. I've dated people darker than I am (I am not light skin) claiming and saying they are white. This bothered me. I couldn't believe it and saw it as pure brainwashing. I did not think they're decision on what to call themselves came from choice, love of their heritage and people and understanding of history but of preference, shame, and denial. Here is better research against your opinion. Just to let you know it isn't always what we think we know. Whites have taught me plenty of my own history that I argued and did not know was true. Education is education. This is all I am after and all I attempt to show. It's not always 100% accurate but overrall I do base many of my facts on what I read in books and talking to people and visiting countries and reading for myself at sites what is. I guess next I'll have to take pictures and bring in census bureaus which as you might have alluded to were very shaky. At least I spent time to try and scientifically, philosophically, and scholastically prove my point. I could come from opinion and using my eyes like you with No facts, but hey here's research.

I didn't want to say this because I know how angry some Dominicans get when you reveal the relation with Haiti, but here it is. According to University of Kentucky: On the other hand, the example of Saint Domingue shows that it took special conditions for a slave revolt to succeed in the New World. Slaves outnumbered whites in Saint Domingue by more than 10 to 1. Even so, their superior military technology enabled the whites to control the colony until the French Revolution divided the whites among themselves and turned the mixed-race population against them. Toussaint?s success also depended heavily on his ability to play the different white powers against each other. At crucial moments in his career, he benefited from support from the Spanish, the British, and the Americans. Understanding the conditions that allowed the Haitian Revolution to succeed helps us understand what factors allowed the white slaveowners of the American South to keep power for so long.

MY LAST Research for this website On THIS TOPIC: (I won't reply to any more e-mails.)
A French Legislator?s Explanation of the Slave Revolt (1797)
1. ?In the midst of the general exaltation of passions caused by the Revolution, when the word liberty was in everyone?s mouths, even those of the white colonists who used it to claim tyrannical power and political independence for themselves, when the symbols of freedom were displayed everywhere, it would have been odd indeed if the blacks alone had been deaf to the sound of a word that promised them a condition so different from the one they were suffering under. They saw the whites fighting among themselves and alienating the mulattoes. They outnumbered the whites ten to one. One would have to have a very poor understanding of human nature to think that, in such a situation, the blacks needed any inspiration other than this impulse that is irresistible for all living creatures?? (Garran-Coulon, Rapport sur les Troubles de Saint-Domingue, 2:194)
Black slaves heavily outnumbered both the whites and the free coloreds, however: there were 465,000 of them in Saint Domingue by 1789. About half of the slaves had been born in Africa. Slaves were imported from many regions in West Africa. They brought some traditions and beliefs with them, but they had to adapt to a very different environment in the Caribbean.

THE HEART of my opinion which I think is factual
The fact is there are dominant and recessive genes as it pertains to geneaology. Fact is there are mix people and that is called the world. Fact is the definition of races are largely a human construct with only a little science to support it. Fact is in America there was a time when Blacks or people of color or coloreds or African Americans/whatever used to try and claim everything but being black. All that was said was I am Cherokee mixed with Italian, mixed with a little Asian and only a little bit of Black. Noone wanted to claim black and this became a trend. A movement rose up and silenced all this to unite blacks and people of color and said stop denying what you appear to be "a person of color." Thus, people of color in America whose Ancestry included African largely began to say and accept what once they denied and thought of as a negative term "Black," as a sense of unity and identity. Thus, no more mentioning of a lineage that to many degrees was impossible to trace and therefore came to the acceptance that all colored people were considered and treated as black by White oppressors. Therefore Blacks no longer saw any difference in the words colored or Black or persons of color because of this. Blacks or persons of color did continue to accept because of oppression that Whites obviously were different, but b/c of Black's mixed heritage they did see people of other mixed heritages that included African as black or people of color.

off on a tangent: other research
Bartolome de Las Casas claimed that there were 300,000 Taino Arawaks in Hispaniola when the? Spaniards arrived in 1492. In the first official count in 1508 there were 60,000. In 1512 the number had declined to 20,000, and in 1548 only 500. According to Francis Drake, there were no Indians on the island in 1586 when he attacked it
The small European farmers lost their land, indentured servitude was phased out and Africans were brought from that continent, enslaved and put to work on the plantations. The Caribbean received about almost half of the 12 million enslaved Africans brought to the Americas. As a contrast the British North America (the United States after 1776) received six percent. Those were the times when "king sugar" ruled the world. The white sugar barons had money and power and they used both to buy influence in Europe and in America.

How many Dominicans are mixed with Indian??????
In plotting on a graph the decline of Hispaniola's native population there appears a curious bulge, around the year 1510, when the diminishing numbers seemed to stabilize and even grow a bit. Then the inexorable downward spiral toward extinction continues. What that little blip on the demographic record indicates is not, however, a moment of respite for the island's people, nor a contradiction to the overall pattern of Hispaniola's population free-fall following Columbus's arrival. Rather, it is a shadowy and passing footnote to the holocaust the Spanish at the same time were bringing to the rest of the Caribbean, for that fleeting instant of population stabilization was caused by the importation of tens of thousands of slaves from surrounding islands in a fruitless attempt by the Spanish to replace the dying natives of Hispaniola.
By 1496, we already have noted, the population of Hispaniola had fallen from eight million to between four and five million. By 1508 it was down to less than a hundred thousand. By 1518 it numbered less than twenty thousand. And by 1535, say the leading scholars on this grim topic, "for all practical purposes, the native population was extinct."

RANT

Many of the Peninsula-born Spaniards were either killed or expelled
from Latin America during the two decades following 1810, but Spanish
emigrants began to enter the region shortly thereafter; and between
1850 and 1900 they arrived in as large numbers as had migrated to
the Spanish American colonies during the whole of the Colonial period.
The total exceeded 2,000,000 by the end of the century, the major
recipients being Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and Cuba.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
anmwilliams, your views are myopic to say the least. Youre on a crusade to tell Dominicans of all sorts that they are "just black". With Nary a trace of anything else. Its clear you havent traveled around the country and actually seen the people you speak of. For anyone to come to that conclusion in the DR they have to be holed up and completely unaware of the general populace. Your "books" wont tell you more than the people themselves, believe it or not. All the contrary.

and FYI feel free to look up the stats but geneological studies have been done in the DR...they werent extensive but they found that in some areas 13-18% of people have taino blood, while in other areas over 90% do. They werent eliminated as your books say...they were mixed into the population like all of the other elements you insist on ignoring.

You made up your mind as to what YOU want us to be. Good luck with your journey finding what you prescribed for yourself and nothing else! Because even if it smacks you in the face and its undeniable that your "text" is not anymore dependable than any other from that era, you wont be able to tell! You'll be too blinded by your pro-black, one drop rule rhetoric to see the complete picture. So whats the point? Nothing more to say.

And take note: anytime you try to tell people you dont know from a can of paint, that you know more about their own lineage than they do, you will get resistance. ESPECIALLY if you are incorrect. That kind of "i tell you who and what you are even if i dont know crap" arrogance is extremely american. you really dont see other people being that forceful towards people they do not know.

Last edited:

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
And I just saw how you actually mixed up the Haitian population stats w the Dominican ones just because we were under their rule for a few years. Fact FAIL. Yep, your stats are accurate...for HAITI. Dominicans were different people before the Haitians and were different people after. Those who claim we are "the same" forgot the majority of our history. Haiti and the french ruled slaves that formed it, was not always there. And then after the fact, they went back to their side, remember? Thats where all your stats lay. Maybe you should go over there instead because you have more info on them than us. Cross over there and it'll be pretty obvious thats what you were talking about.

Your "facts" are pretty damn jumbled. Like I said, good luck with that. I can find you text that says all the contrary. Its the nature of the era.

Last edited:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
who the hell is Pkaide1 anyway? And DominicanoUSA? Do they live here in Dominican Republic? Some people just don't know a thing about DR and its culture. Tha reason I say Sammy has brought the subject up front is because we have no icons that can do that here. But the reality is that Dominicans want to be white. They prefer white. White skin is a profession by itself in DR. Anyone who denies it is like Mr. Pkaide1 says..an idiot. Maybe he is an idiot himself for not knowing it.
Hair straightening is the favorite sport of Dominican women. The darker ones search for whitening creams, use heavy makeup to appear as white as possible. We would not have a beauty salon in every corner if it weren't for hair straightening, the most profitable hair activity.
The afro was dead on arrival here, even in the 60's heyday with baseball players and merengue musicians being the only ones showing them off. It is dead now in its revival.
Note Sammy Sosa's hairstyle six months ago. He wanted to look like banker Pedro Castillo or Michael Corleone during the Godfather. Gel by the pound to tame that kinky hair, comb it straight back(sort of the Sammy Davis look trying to be one of the boys in the rat pack)
This is nothing new. Those who remember those black soul singers from the early fifty's remember how they use the hot comb to straighten their hair.
Sammy Sosa is doing what most dark Dominicans are doing, except he is famous.
There was a period when Dominican youth in the neighborhoods began to accept their roots and gave way to urban clothing. Urban clothing goes along with a black attitude. But eventually it died at the gate. Black Dominican youth are falling back to the "white boy look". No more flat baseball team caps backwards. The new look is a designer cap with the folded visor, tight t-shirt with gothic designs. That's what the girls look for in the new palomos. They want them to look like the Jonas brothers, not like 50 cent.
Like JHartley said. I see culture when I see it. The Sammy Sosa thing is pure Dominican culture, up to the green eyes.
culture can be inherited or acquired.
The world dominant culture is the American culture and the reason Americans will continue to be the premiere power. Someone said music is a predominant feature of culture. It is. Nobody I know can name a Chinese or Russian popular musician of world recognition. That is why the Chinese may be just a financial world power but will never have overall power. The world does not and will not adapt to Russian or Chinese culture. Western culture, dominated by Americans will continue to dominate. It is adaptable to all cultures. It is admired and liked. Lady Gaga is better known than all Chinese and Russian artists put together. Beyonce is a world icon. You may become a non- american icon, like Shakira, but you must first receive your American baptism thru the crossover ritual. Hollywood is the dominant cultural thing. It is in itself a culture and it brings everybody into its fold. Every nationality is now at Hollywood's doorstep. Burger King and Macdonalds is a cultural thing. We came up with chimichurris in the ghettos. We took the big mac and placed our own salad mix and now have the ghetto big mac.
We want to look white. That simple. DominicanUSA is just being defensive. I understand that. We have a few Dominican flag wavers here who want to deny what we are. What if Sanchez was black?. Hardly anybody liked him. Duarte was always the favorite guy because he was white. Duarte was always reluctant to be the leader, and when he went to exile they summoned him back. Sanchez was salad dressing. Just like he is now, a forgotten hero. Nobody I know has a Sanchez photo in their home or office. You rather have Duarte.
Likewise our new "heroes" who killed Trujillo. The streets named after these people had to do with their color and class. Roberto Pastoriza, a Dominican blue blood was given a major street in Piantini. Pedro Livio Cedeno, "the black hero" was given a raggedy avenue in a rundown neighborhood black, mulatto ghetto. While Duarte was honored with Carretera Duarte, Sanchez was given a highway across ghettos and DominicanYork neighborhoods.
Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Winston Churchill were named after our greatest boulevards. We do not have a Martin Luther King Drive, and if we did it would be in Sabana Perdida.
We gave the name of Jose Francisco Pena Gomez to our city airport, but hardly anyone calls it that way. We still prefer Aeropuerto De Las Americas. It has a more Western culture flavor to it. He was never elected because we were not ready for a black president again. We reluctantly accepted Leonel because he was appointed by Juan Bosch. We Dominicans like it that way.
English is our new pop language. We mistakingly name our neighborhood kids with mispellings(Jhon, Jhonatan,Jeyson,Mishel,Mari,Rober).
I don't see anybody naming their kids Mustafa,Kwame,Abdul,Muhammad,Mao, Bishop Tutu,Mandela, Lumumba, or yes...Obama.
Black Cubans have the same problem. They adopted a new name culture after the white Russians(Gudelvys, Vladimir,Sergeyski). Fortunately Russian culture misfired in Cuba and only names are left.
Dominican culture will never accept Islamism. We love freedom too much as part of our culture. Our women like straightening their hair, wearing bikinis, minis, showing off their bodies, belly buttons, tattoos. Our kids will never be named after Khadafy, Yasser Arafat or Saddam Hussein. Christianism is part of our culture and any religion going against freedom of choice will not be accepted.
We will always look up to the white establishment. Africa is part of our roots and culture but we will continue to disguise it with white trimmings until a miracle drug or potion turn us into white.
It is like if you offer a free visa and transportation to every Dominican to New York 90% of the population will take it. If a potion to turn white is discovered we will all take it. Sorry if I offended again

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
If a potion to turn white was discovered, there'd be like 18 colored folks left on earth lol and then it wouldnt be so special anymore...we'd just resort to what we always do...fight over religion...or occupation....color of nail polish...we'd find a way.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
..........and a potion to turn Orange..........surely that would be just as popular, I mean you see orange people all the time in Los Angeles

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Shees - you people are like soooo myopic!

you couldn't just turn white from a pill.
White is a cultural thing that has to be inherited through millennia.
Being white is not about your skin colour, it is about being displaced from Africa and, surviving ice ages. It is about, so many things that you people just could never understand. You lump us all together just because you only see our pasty skin.

How dare you??

What about my personal crisis?
my mother is from viking stock and my father is from Norman stock. This is hard enough on me already and you people just call me white??

Honestly, you are so insensitive to my personal right to rationalize and project any personal issue I may have onto any subject you can perceive.

Especially here in the Dominican.

You guys are like sooo unawesome it is not true.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yeah well how about us green people? Where do we stand in all this? Not white, nor black, I feel so left out ;)

Sorry thought I'd break up the tention in here.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
lol pedro! :lick:

golo is sadly, right...

and imbalanced, biased views in the DR or otherwise cant be fought by more imbalanced, biased views. The middle is just right. Maybe eventually the push and pull will end up there...

AnnaC, we have green people too in the DR and nobody cares. Maybe thats why you love us? lol

?

? bient?t

Christianism is part of our culture and any religion going against freedom of choice will not be accepted.

I don't get it.

(Folks, remember the old golo, the one with periodistas contacts, and who only posted Mon-Thu and never after 9 AM? It was WHAM, BAM, thank you Pam!
"Discuss. See you Monday morning." Those were the dood ol' gays: the days of white camaros and Haitian mamas, before El Chip-Oh! and all those all-at-once GF moderators and never-wrong economists and PX heroes and Wiki experts, and when TonyC would agree with golo 'cause they were both loaded: "I could buy a jet." So, is this the new golo, the new "new" O&C version? Disliked, even by me at times, but never ignored, golo had style. He was the man years before Dos Equis arrived, a cross between Pierce Brosnan in the "Thomas Crown Affair" and Special FBI Agent Pendergast, Salsa when Salsa wasn't cool. What happened? I mean, posting with an iPhone sounds painful. And even more so after 12 PM. If he keeps that up, some of us will not want to grow up and be like him.)

But I don't get that "freedom of choice" comment.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
lol pedro! :lick:

golo is sadly, right...

and imbalanced, biased views in the DR or otherwise cant be fought by more imbalanced, biased views. The middle is just right. Maybe eventually the push and pull will end up there...

AnnaC, we have green people too in the DR and nobody cares. Maybe thats why you love us? lol

I'm sorry but he isn't. He may want to be white, or he is white and feel superior, but I haven't met any mulatto or black Dominican who doesn't feel comfortable with their skin color. In fact in the DR they sometimes discriminate against the whiteys, haven't your head the term: mira este blanquito pariguayo hijo e' papi y mami, cree que va resolver algo, pero no tiene el tigueraje pa' esto.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
I'm sorry but he isn't. He may want to be white, or he is white and feel superior, but I haven't met any mulatto or black Dominican who doesn't feel comfortable with their skin color. In fact in the DR they sometimes discriminate against the whiteys, haven't your head the term: mira este blanquito pariguayo hijo e' papi y mami, cree que va resolver algo, pero no tiene el tigueraje pa' esto.

youre right as well! lo que pasa es que...the rich wanna-be and upper class have different standards than the majority from what I have seen...most really do not care but once you get to those jediondito circles they judge people by that.