Dominicans tell Gallup about their priorities

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Gallup-logo.jpg

Dominicans by nature are among the most gregarious people in the Americas. So not being able to kiss and hug is a tough call for the population. Not being able to spend a night out over drinks with friends is even tougher for young people.

Yet, the Gallup November 2020 poll reveals that 68.7% of the population favors keeping the Covid-19 curfew that has Dominicans home before 9pm on weekdays and before 7pm on weekends and holidays.

Adults aged 55 and over feel strongest about keeping the curfew. 80.5% spoke up in favor when polled by Gallup. Yet, 69.6% of adults aged 25 to 54 were also in favor. Yet, only 54.9% of those 18 to 24 years.

Overall, most women, or 71%, approve of the restriction, compared to 66.3% of men.

The findings are from the Gallup-Hoy poll carried out 11-16 November 2020. 1,200 Dominicans eligible to vote were polled. The poll has a margin of error of 2.8%.

Read...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JD Jones

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Sorry but I aint buying it.
Every single Dominican I know,
every single Dominican I talk to
wants them to end the curfew.
Sorry - didn't mean to click like, but take a free one!
I don't talk to every single Dominican I know about the curfew, but I haven't heard any objecting to it, so maybe the poll isn't so far from reality after all.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sorry - didn't mean to click like, but take a free one!
I don't talk to every single Dominican I know about the curfew, but I haven't heard any objecting to it, so maybe the poll isn't so far from reality after all.
No doubt.
I know more Dominicans
than you and have a much larger
social circle. Most of them 40+ yrs of age. None of them are in favor
of continuing these draconion measures.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I know plenty that would like to keep it forever.
I know plenty in their late 50's early 60's who are scared to play music after 10pm in their homes (as they've done since childhood) because they are afraid the PN might show up and confiscate their speakers while carting everyone off to jail.....
for being Dominican.
There's a reason we don't hear about the PN arresting people in the wealthy areas of this country. One sided in my opinion.
But hey, whatever it takes to keep you people from getting sick.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I know plenty that would like to keep it forever.

My residencial in San Cristobal has 12 apartments. All of which would agree with you.

My last residential was Colinas Del Oeste which is an upper middle class section and they have no shortage of residents ( with quite a few high level police and military) who will report anyone who doesn't respect the rights of others to enjoy their peace and quiet.
There is a time and place for everything and a residential area is not the place for loud music.