Dominicans to get third dose of vaccine; should be different from already received vaccine

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
There have been many articles stating u can get a second vaccine. You need to wait between them, I think it is a month, but no problem. Try researching it yourself before speaking.

If I don't get more here I will go to Puerto Rico for the Pfizer
You don't have to go to PR, the Pfizer vax is available in SD and STI. I've got my first last week and the second in 3 weeks.
The Pfizer stuff comes every friday to this country.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You don't have to go to PR, the Pfizer vax is available in SD and STI. I've got my first last week and the second in 3 weeks.
The Pfizer stuff comes every friday to this country.
To be clear, the first batch of Pfizer vax arrived two weeks ago. Supposedly now it will continue to arrive every week.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
We're considering of vaccinating ourselves, but what I have been thinking recently is that it's been months since the vaccination started and as far as I can read from the news, the active cases and new infections are higher than ever... I realize a large part of the population does not yet have the two vaccines but still... Could be just me misthinking this...
From what I understand, the Sinovac jab, which most people here have had, is apparently about 50% successful in preventing Covid completely but is supposed to mean that severe symptoms or death are much less likely.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Got my first jab today, Pfizer, not that I am afraid of covid as I am pretty resilient to flus and such and generally healthy. I got it to satisfy the Canadian government and allow me to travel and visit my family and friends their.

I went to Montellan to get it in and out in 15 minutes, no lineup whatsoever. Fill out the form the girl transfers info to the vac card and another gives the jab. Over to another table and given 3 masks and hand sanitizer to take home. Then sit and wait for 10 minutes.Thats it that's all and back next month for number 2.

The place is called Hospital Maternidad Dolores De La Cruz, República Dominicana, Villa Montellano. Its not the main hospital.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
In my case, I know the doctor and her assistants who came to my building to give all of my employees the jab.

We were even handing out coffee and joking with each other as only Dominicans know how to do.

If another jab is in the works we'll have to plan a party!

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
More on mixing vaccines for the third booster shot. Lots of articles online on the topic.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

"As of June 11, more than 1,200 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis have been reported to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), out of about 300 million mRNA vaccine doses administered."

I can live with those odds.
I agree about the odds. Scary though, because I know someone in her mid 40s who died from myocarditis a few years ago (nothing to do with vaccine), it was a horrible illness and death.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Is there anything more current than May 12. I have looked and not found anything. With the stats changing daily it would be great to have more current information.
If anyone knows of more current studies (factual not fake or home made) please post them.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Is there anything more current than May 12. I have looked and not found anything. With the stats changing daily it would be great to have more current information.
If anyone knows of more current studies (factual not fake or home made) please post them.
/2021/06/mixing-covid-19-vaccines-appears-boost-immune-responses
Science’s COVID-19 reporting is supported by the Heising-Simons Foundation.

Faced with short supplies of COVID-19 vaccines and unforeseen side effects, some countries have adopted an unproven strategy: switching shots midstream. Most authorized vaccines require two doses administered weeks or months apart, but Canada and several European countries are now recommending a different vaccine for the second dose in some patients. Early data suggest the approach, born of necessity, may actually be beneficial.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Here's a wise Congressman's response to a proposed DR's 3rd jab

Reactions: johne

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have no issues with getting a third jab, other than the fact that I have no pericardium, having had pericarditis twice and then having it removed from my heart by surgery.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm going to pass on any more vaccinations for now.
Me too.
I have my USA vaccine card and my Dominican vaccine card.
Decided to limit myself to 2 injections a week :cool:
My good doctor tells me the Colombia one is readily available
upon arrival should I decide to travel down there to see friends.
Life is good!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I don't have a problem with a third jab, but if the third one has a 95% efficacy, why did I need the first two?

Reactions: bienamor

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Chances are they will just give you another card. Maybe they will record your fist 2 doses on the new card if you ask. More interesting will be the logistics of distributing the Pfizer or AZ vaccines outside of SD and Santiago. I wouldn't expect to see much Pfizer being available in many locations. Doesn't seem like the decision to get an mRNA booster vaccine or not is going to all that pressing.
I got the pfizer one at jumbo in POP sat. Waited 10mins