Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
7844F934-74AE-49DF-86E9-DD73CEAA59FE.jpeg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Certainly at $4-5 dollars per pound those well advertised 1/2 pound hamburgers in the States will soon be ordered less.
Inflation isn't stopping anytime soon.
Expect food shortages or rumors of them be the excuse to bring in world hunger big time. Poor people won't be able to buy any meat and beans are rising too.
Covid didn't thin the heard enough so maybe starvation will.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well the signal sent by the DR trying to lower food prices was reinforced by the markets today showed us the prosperity party is over.
The unjust lockdowns and world wide wild spending of Covid relief have brought us hyper-inflation that will require us all to be vigilant to how we spend money. Expect interest rates North of 8%.

Those who have a 4 year horizon might hang on to investments in the markets. Others take your profits or loses and keep sane & stay out for now.
Property values will be the next domino and until we work through that there will be no relief from inflation.
Expect more tax relief from the DR and other countries to give relief.
I doubt air faire can fall much in light of high energy prices.
But tourist destinations will soon be offering block buster deals to attract people who are loosing wealth and discretionary money.
It will be a rough ride the next 18 months to 2 years.
Other Opinions?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well the signal sent by the DR trying to lower food prices was reinforced by the markets today showed us the prosperity party is over.
The unjust lockdowns and world wide wild spending of Covid relief have brought us hyper-inflation that will require us all to be vigilant to how we spend money. Expect interest rates North of 8%.

Those who have a 4 year horizon might hang on to investments in the markets. Others take your profits or loses and keep sane & stay out for now.
Property values will be the next domino and until we work through that there will be no relief from inflation.
Expect more tax relief from the DR and other countries to give relief.
I doubt air faire can fall much in light of high energy prices.
But tourist destinations will soon be offering block buster deals to attract people who are loosing wealth and discretionary money.
It will be a rough ride the next 18 months to 2 years.
Other Opinions?
Not about beef to USA. Take this elsewhere.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Has anyone noticed how hard it is to find hamburger with some fat in it? Jumbo, Bravo and Sirena only have premium with very little fat.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Back to hamburgers and ground Dominican meat

50-50 ground beef & pork
I was once given 50 lbs of Cariboo by some Nene friends in Yellowknife. I t was so lean we had to add fat to it. I love a good juicy fat filled steak or roast but my cardiologist convinced me it wasn't in my best interest to eat those. I find the premium lean hamburger fine for what I use it for , chili or meatballs.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Has anyone noticed how hard it is to find hamburger with some fat in it? Jumbo, Bravo and Sirena only have premium with very little fat.
Its because they use leaner cuts like from the leg and rump. Bob googled it but we are talking about DR. Traditional ground round is from the chuck. Fancier ground beef is a mix of short rib, chuck and brisket. The Dominicans do not follow this. Also whatever is aging out on the shelves like any cut wrapped in saran on the foam plates will be mixed together for ground beef as it ages. IN DR. The Dominicans also associate the fat marbling as bad quality beef.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Back to hamburgers and ground Dominican meat

50-50 ground beef & pork
Ok no one does this. Maybe meatballs or meatloaf. Maybe in Canada. No place or any human famous or notable for good burgers uses pork. No place in NYC i have ever seen uses a pork/beef blend for burgers. Pork ground turns white and tough and hence why soaked bread and water are added to meatball and meatloaf mixtures. Maybe asian influence would use pork but i never have seen this.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can you get Taylor ham in RD?
I know AE knows 'bout dat in NJ.
I may LIVE in NJ, but I’m a NY girl. I’m still in shock over them calling tomato sauce “gravy”. Never had pork roll/Taylor ham, and literally had scrapple for the first time ever about a month ago. Not impressed, and certainly hope none of those are for sale in DR.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I was once given 50 lbs of Cariboo by some Nene friends in Yellowknife. I t was so lean we had to add fat to it. I love a good juicy fat filled steak or roast but my cardiologist convinced me it wasn't in my best interest to eat those. I find the premium lean hamburger fine for what I use it for , chili or meatballs.
Hey we could benefit from a Chili cook-off in DR. Make mine with fat please.