DR developing country or still 3rd world?

Dec 26, 2011
Scenario: Concerned neighbor calls 911 because he hears the lady next door getting beat by her man.

In RD, how long does it take for police response?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
With all due respect buddy if you are so paranoid you might want to stop coming to the DR.

firslty , chip, i am not your buddy. secondly, it is not a matter of paranoia. it is reality. thirdly, i will cease living here when i decide to, not when some condescending poster importunes me to. how's that for a response?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
firslty , chip, i am not your buddy. secondly, it is not a matter of paranoia. it is reality. thirdly, i will cease living here when i decide to, not when some condescending poster importunes me to. how's that for a response?

You're still paranoid - and ornery to boot.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There is no need for it to get personal, it is just a discussion. Chip you must see that by being in the minority on every single experience and opinion you have on the DR that it is highly unlikely that you are not deluded to some extent. Either this or you actually feed of the contravercial opinions you can put out there and in reality do not post true feelings and experience. It is not possible that out of all the threads of all the opinions of all the posters that everyone else is always wrong and you are right, surely you must see that. It is a good thing you decide to blinker your sights, and are able to do that without experiencing any negatives, hell you even manage to see the bright side to being cornered for money by the local police which in itself is wrong on every single level, even the police themselves don't try to justify it, but you manage to do a good job for them, on yourself anyway. If they could read the support and justification on some of the issues you post on on DR1 they would be laughing at you, you would be the village donkey in their eyes (no offense intended).

Just keep it real, no problems if we all disagree, but it doesn't make anyone a bad person and deserving of personal insults (if someone is truely deluded it is not an insult to say so, just an observation).

If you are going to reply to this post Chip, please make it relevant to this post, not a random insult with regards to something unrelated, keep on track ay!

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You're still paranoid - and ornery to boot.

why, thank you, Chip. yes, i remember you to be the guy who chastized me for observing that the DR was far too noisy, and that the rank and file do not give a rat's ass about the next guy. that is the reality i know. 50% of guys here, who have motorcycles, remove the baffles in the mufflers, to create an unholy, unnecessary, racket. they, by extension, do not give a hoot if they disturb the sleep of an entire neighborhood, at 2am. you consider me paranoid for making such observations, and i wear it as a badge of honor. ornery? that depends on whose ox is being gored.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Depends, when and if they pay their phone bill.

The other day there was an emergency case in Moca when a policestation could not reach the PN main station because their phone had been disconnected for non payment.

Cuartel no recibe aviso de asalto por que tel?fono estaba cortado | NOTICIA LIBRE

donP

I doubt it mattered, we lived next to an abusive couple a few years ago and called the police many times, even once when I reported a gunshot, they never came by, then of even in the mornings. There is nothing to be gained from domestics.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Whom are you married to?

...called the police many times (..) they never came by ... There is nothing to be gained from domestics.

True.
I know of a Dominican lady who called the police in LT to report an assault on a neighbour's house.
The police first asked her whether she was married to a 'gringo'... :rolleyes:

BTW, the police never showed up at the scene which was about 4 miles from their 'sleeping place'.

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
my buddy had his car vandalized by a neighbor, and, when he informed the police that the guy had buggered off to another part of town, they told him they would go pick the guy up, if he was willing to pay for their gas.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Insults

Chip... It is not possible that out of all the threads of all the opinions of all the posters that everyone else is always wrong and you are right, surely you must see that.

From his future posts you'll see that he can't and he won't.
You see, somehow some Dominican attitude is already established in his character. :classic:

Chip, please make it relevant to this post, not a random insult with regards to something unrelated...

Experience has shown that only a 'vacation' can protect other members from his insults (for some time). :)
Good grief...

donP

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
my buddy had his car vandalized by a neighbor, and, when he informed the police that the guy had buggered off to another part of town, they told him they would go pick the guy up, if he was willing to pay for their gas.
I keep hearing this same thing about them being out of gas a reason not to react to something. I am sure at least some of the headquarters have I house filling pumps, in the capital anyway. Saying this it must be legit as I've heard it so much.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i happen to know of a guy who had to rent a jeepeta for 3 days, to provide the cops with transportation to seek out a guy who had thrown a can of paint on his car.