DR Internet

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
That's crazy fast internet. What altice plan is it ?

I get a better ping on claro 3g than i did with altice....... ( around 160ms vs 250+ on N/A and S/A servers ------- no need to say altice was unusable for gaming )

It's supposedly the best they have? I just told me wife to get the fastest possible. I don't speak much Spanish. I guess there's a whole bunch of tv channels too with the account too? But I don't watch TV. My wife watches local Dominican channels anyway.

The bill is about 3,500 a month. It used to be around 4200 a month but somebody from Altice called and told my wife they could give me faster Internet for cheaper if I got rid of HBO. I didn't even know I had HBO so it sounded like a good deal to me.

Originally the internet was boo-boo here. It was slow and crappy. And If someone turned off the tv or changed the channel the internet would go off for 15 minutes. But it's much better now for sure.

Reactions: malko

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I must ask.....
When you sit there with the weight of the world (or at least DR1) upon your shoulders,
what is your choice of wine?

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
I usually get Milestone at Bravo. It's a blend, but it's very good I think. They seem to have an endless supply.

I lived in Healdsburg California (on the Drycreek side, north of Napa) and became a wine snob, but before that I would actually drink white wine out of a box and not think anything of it. lol 😁

At Jumbo they have a small selection of California wines, and it's almost all cheap Central Valley California which I don't really care much about. Like from Lodi, and that area. But I have found Coppola wines at Jumbo, and they are pretty good. (he's the guy who directed the Godfather films, his nephew is Nicholas Cage). That winery is in Geyserville, which is not far from Healdsburg.

https://www.vivino.com/milestone-california-red-blend/w/1827516?year=2016
_2EnGpwxQ6WEv6IbaqnRSg_pb_x600.png

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I had altice for a while as well ( not to far from maimon actually )....... it worked well for a bit and then it was bloody terrible ------ ping would go all over the place, 80ms to 700ms for no apparent reason, then at night around 1 or 2 am the internet would crawl to a standstill, technical assistance was clueless------ and the nitwits still expected me to pay...... lol Sue me, you worthless idiots !!!!!

Now i am back with local cable TV for internet, and fingers crossed, it is ok and cheap-ish.
I had the same problems with them. First ok then terrible