DR is definitely open , I arrived today on a flight from JFK to Santiago

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I know there has been some discussion here as to the opening of the border and the requirements to fly.
I arrived back today in DR July 1st , 2020 on Jet Blue from JFK to Santiago. I had previously left during the state of emergency.
Quick synopsis :
On the flight all passengers and Flight attendants wore masks.
the normal forms were handed out plus a new one .
a Photocopy versión of what’s labeled “Travelers Health Affadivit“ just asking for info and countries cities andto check if you have any of the symptoms .
This form was handed in to the regular immigration officer . No fuss , or big deal was made about it .
After deplaning and before the immigration line, you walk normally and most peso por would not encende realize theee was a thermometer machine above in the ceiling . I noticed it because of the desk set up to the side , that is monitored by a medic , I took a peek as I passed to see the X-ray like temperature monitors. No one was stopped during my time there .
I took a second peek when I was in the immigration line.
Nothing else really to mention , because everything was quasi normal .

LaVerdadera

Apr 29, 2020
USA
Thank you for posting your experience! It is greatly appreciated. Calms the mind on knowing what is or isn’t required and what to expect!😊

Reactions: chrisgy

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Temp taker sounds cool. I suppose the area has to be cooler than 78.6F huh.

I mean isn't the terminal always a thousand degrees?

I have flown in and out of there many times but cannot remember since we are all always sizzling hot somewhere.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And as someone mentioned elsewhere, just take some aspirin if you have a slight temperature to get that number down .

So no doctor's note or CV19 tests are needed. Just the passengers word. Interesting.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
And as someone mentioned elsewhere, just take some aspirin if you have a slight temperature to get that number down .

So no doctor's note or CV19 tests are needed. Just the passengers word. Interesting.
You have to love, RD.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002

I think they will be requiring a negative test somewhere down the line.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I am taking an extra precaution by having the rental management send me a letter tomorrow stating that I am full time leaseholder of apt XYX at xxx apartment. Nobody asked me to do this but I feel better with it. They just called me and suggested they put my passport number in the letter. I like it.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Temp taker sounds cool. I suppose the area has to be cooler than 78.6F huh.

I mean isn't the terminal always a thousand degrees?

I have flown in and out of there many times but cannot remember since we are all always sizzling hot somewhere.
it's close to room temperature , I don't recall it being overly hot

Reactions: GusFring