DR is indeed opened for incoming tourists

chussenet

Jan 16, 2016
Just arrived to Santiago from JFK on the JetBlue flight .
Plane was 2/3 full .Service in the plane is very limited .Small bottle of water with 2 small bags of chips.
No control ,requirements,questions at the departure in JFK or at arrival in STI related to covid-19 .
Driving back with car service to my house in Cabarette
Happy to be back after waiting 50 days in a hotel in the US ....

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Just arrived to Santiago from JFK on the JetBlue flight .
Plane was 2/3 full .Service in the plane is very limited .Small bottle of water with 2 small bags of chips.
No control ,requirements,questions at the departure in JFK or at arrival in STI related to covid-19 .
Driving back with car service to my house in Cabarette
Happy to be back after waiting 50 days in a hotel in the US ....

Wow .... Welcome back..... hotel for 50 days is ruff

Reactions: chussenet

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Were you able to get a taxi, or maybe better to ask if the roads were open? Reason I ask is I was just told by my brother in law in the DR they would have to pick us up at 5am. We arrive tonight at 2am in Santiago.

He said something about not being allowed on the roads due to something with the politicians..

Curious if we'll really have to wait or not

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Were you able to get a taxi, or maybe better to ask if the roads were open? Reason I ask is I was just told by my brother in law in the DR they would have to pick us up at 5am. We arrive tonight at 2am in Santiago.

He said something about not being allowed on the roads due to something with the politicians..

Hate reading on my phone, obviously missed the part where you mentioned you were driving lol

chussenet

Jan 16, 2016

Did not have to wait , I am using a private person who has being providing car service for many years. Road was fully opened which was not the case when I went to the same airport 1 month and half ago.2 people wearing army uniform were blocking the road half way between Cabarete and Santiago. I explained that I had to catch a flight and they let me go.

chussenet

Jan 16, 2016
Four Seasons would be a nice 50 days

well,I was staying in a new Holiday inn which was actually very nice and almost empty. I have stayed in Four Seasons .Definitively more luxurious.... Whatever the hotel is ,it's still 50 days in a hotel where activities are quite limited during this exceptional time.Fortunately ,I can work from anywhere so it helps me a lot killing time and the hotel is located at walking distance from many stores... Amazon Prime was my best friend .I left DR with one carry-on ,I came back with 2 large suite cases filled in of electronic stuff ,internet cables,...... including a new desktop computer.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have read 2 interesting articles on hotel stays -

A man in London England.... the only resident at the Mayfair or 4 Seasons -
and a couple in some fancy place in Asia.... she for her chemo treatments

Great stories.........

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
well,I was staying in a new Holiday inn which was actually very nice and almost empty. I have stayed in Four Seasons .Definitively more luxurious.... Whatever the hotel is ,it's still 50 days in a hotel where activities are quite limited during this exceptional time.Fortunately ,I can work from anywhere so it helps me a lot killing time and the hotel is located at walking distance from many stores... Amazon Prime was my best friend .I left DR with one carry-on ,I came back with 2 large suite cases filled in of electronic stuff ,internet cables,...... including a new desktop computer.
I was kidding. I know how difficult extended hotel stays can be.