DR is one o the World,s top retirement haven!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
There are some excellent Dominican meals. Plus it is very possible to prepare many other international cusines given the range of ingredients available. Of course one advantage is the international ambience - So if a Thai green curry is the order of the day it is very possible to find the ingredients including curry paste and Thai fragrent rice to complement the great chicken and veg obtainable in the DR.

pi2
I dont think the question is, does the DR have healthy ingredients-of course it does, but the average Dominican finds a way to destroy it with the bad ingredients as described in detail by CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Over 10,000 views - there must be some interest in retiring to the DR. As reported on another thread prices of choice condos are rising apace and there is evidence that the DR is starting to get noticed on the international retirement scene. The strong economy, low cost of living, pleasant climate are all attractions as are the superb international transport links. Health services are improving with new private clinics opening. Stroll on and swim from pristine beaches, listen to concerts of local music, wonder at the huge national parks, enjoy World class restaurants and other amenities, ride motorcycles on uncluttered superbly constructed roads, enjoy the hospitality of local people, stargaze the amazing heavens with clear skies, use eco-sensiitive power sources, enjoy local foods at good prices : all other factors that are making the DR increasingly attractive.
pi2

IMO the reason for the 10,000 views is not because of the interest in the DR as a retirement spot as much as it's interestingly comical to read the inspiring twists from "agent pi2" thats why Im here!!

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
The DR has potential but is still far away from being in the top because of events like this: http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/122604-french-couple-shot-robbed.html
People will wake up to the 30 ' 70,000 euro secure condo cost in a gated community near the beach and $500 dollar monthly living cost.
Plus the setting up costs . cedula, solar panels, electric cycle, washing machine , TV, Fridge etc. Maybe 7,000 dollars.
If you want to travel any distance the gagua or coach is ideal.

pi2

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
People will wake up to the 30 ' 70,000 euro secure condo cost in a gated community near the beach and $500 dollar monthly living cost.
Plus the setting up costs . cedula, solar panels, electric cycle, washing machine , TV, Fridge etc. Maybe 7,000 dollars.
If you want to travel any distance the gagua or coach is ideal.

pi2

What can I say to this kind of logic???? What is so nice about living in a very comfortable home with all the amenities one needs if one can not leave that home without fearing for his life?? Young people might like a little "danger" but I guarantee you that retirees are not looking for that kind of "action" but instead are looking for security and freedom.
You're so silly that you make a horse laugh.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
What can I say to this kind of logic???? What is so nice about living in a very comfortable home with all the amenities one needs if one can not leave that home without fearing for his life?? Young people might like a little "danger" but I guarantee you that retirees are not looking for that kind of "action" but instead are looking for security and freedom.
You're so silly that you make a horse laugh.

DR1 does not publicise the crimes in the other 19 top locations. Many locations in DR compare in saftey well with other countries premier retirement locations.
I guess few would try Puerto Plata or the capital for retirementv in DR.
There is a novel about retirees in the Costa del Sol - Cocaine Nights - J G Ballard I think.
France is the most crime free but you would pay 1,000,000 euros for some beach front condos in St Moritz.
Many parts of US of course have murder rates way up.
pi2

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
The story about DR being a top retirement haven has been picked up by LT7 as well. Local broadsheet for the LT area.
More people will escape frozen winters in places like Michigan to retire and swim in coral seas?

pi2

DR1 does not publicise the crimes in the other 19 top locations. Many locations in DR compare in saftey well with other countries premier retirement locations.
I guess few would try Puerto Plata or the capital for retirementv in DR.
There is a novel about retirees in the Costa del Sol - Cocaine Nights - J G Ballard I think.
France is the most crime free but you would pay 1,000,000 euros for some beach front condos in St Moritz.
Many parts of US of course have murder rates way up.
pi2

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The story about DR being a top retirement haven has been picked up by LT7 as well. Local broadsheet for the LT area.
More people will escape frozen winters in places like Michigan to retire and swim in coral seas?

pi2

Cheezzzzzz!!!

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
pi2

Even with 1.000.000.000 euros, you would not see the beach in St Moritz, Switzerland:squareeye

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Even with 1.000.000.000 euros, you would not see the beach in St Moritz, Switzerland:squareeye
St Tropez would be better if you need to be near the beach.
Harbor apartment Euro 1.7 million. 75 sq. metres.....

list Apartments - Sainte-Maxime - EXPERT'IMMO Real Estate Agency - Property for sale

Those that must have a safe retirement haven.........

Actually although on a reasonable pension in USA, Canand, Europe living expenses are high - winter heating, transport, land taxes, etc. etc. so its relative poverty. Retire to many of the World,s premier retirement locations and budgets are very easy ; in particular property staring at 40-50,000 euros and few fuel bills with solar.

pi2

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Go and buy in St Tropez then ..........
Quick while the market boom lasts.
Rising prices. DR is a bargain where beachfront condos are from 70,000 Euro.
Las Terrenas could be the new St Tropez.
pi2

pi2.