DR makes top 5 of Miss Universe

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Kimberly-Jimenez-Instagram-e1621264005711.png

Miss Dominican Republic Kimberly Jiménez made the top five finalists of the Miss Universe contest that ended on Sunday, 16 May 2021. Since 2009, a Dominican contestant had not made the top five cut.

Miss Mexico Andrea Meza won the contest and Miss Brazil Julia Gama was the runner-up. The other finalists were from India and Peru.

The top 10 were mostly from the Americas, with the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Jamaica, Costa Rica, Peru, México and Brazil. From Asia, the participants from India, Australia and Thailand women made the top 10 cut.

The Miss Universe pageant took place at the Seminole Hard Rock, in Hollywood, Florida, USA.

Read more in Spanish:Diario Libre...

[url=https://dr1.com/wordpress/2021/05/17/dr-makes-top-5-of-miss-universe/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Good on DR for placing so high.
Some pretty women in the contest.
India, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Romania, Venezuela Vietnam, & Russia.
My only question is Canada - WTF ? I have seen prettier pavement queens on the streets of Sosua

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Good on DR for placing so high.
Some pretty women in the contest.
India, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Romania, Venezuela Vietnam, & Russia.
My only question is Canada - WTF ? I have seen prettier pavement queens on the streets of Sosua
I don't disagree with your assessment of her face, but she has a good body, is tall and intelligent, but this was a WOKE decision. Personally I thought Miss Peru would win , based on both education and looks. Miss DR'S lack of English speaking hurt her I believe.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't disagree with your assessment of her face, but she has a good body, is tall and intelligent, but this was a WOKE decision. Personally I thought Miss Peru would win , based on both education and looks. Miss DR'S lack of English speaking hurt her I believe.
Yes it appears to be "a woke" selection and she may be lovely person inside - just not appealing in the traditional sense of beauty.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Yes it appears to be "a woke" selection and she may be lovely person inside - just not appealing in the traditional sense of beauty.
Not sure of 'traditional' but I see nothing wrong. No problem her helping me with my
Spanish.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Not sure of 'traditional' but I see nothing wrong. No problem her helping me with my
Spanish.
We were talking of Miss Canada - who is a Kenyan immigrant. She might not be the best at Spanish?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The DR has so many beautiful women of all types. These women are beautiful from top to bottom with beautiful faces and beautiful bodies. Yet, to this day only one Dominican woman has been Miss Universe.

Pathetic!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The DR has so many beautiful women of all types. These women are beautiful from top to bottom with beautiful faces and beautiful bodies. Yet, to this day only one Dominican woman has been Miss Universe.

Pathetic!
It isn't just about physical beauty.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Pathetic!
Didn't she represent Puerto Rico in the last Miss Universe contest?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Pathetic!

It's not that deep Nals

A Miss Universe title doesn't take out, nor add to the beauty of a population.

Reactions: Lucifer

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Who? Amelia Vega?
Our girl Kimberly has participated in various beauty contests. She represented Puerto Rico in the 2017 Miss Universe pagent.

She lost the 2019 Miss Dominican Republic contest to Clauvid Daly but was later appointed to representing the DR in the 2021 Miss Universe contest.

BTW, Clauvid is 100% Dominican; one of Kimberly's parents is Puerto Rican.

I suspect Clauvid got the same treatment as Ruth Ocumarz received in 2002.

Last edited: