DR Must Build a Fence...like Spain in Melilla

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i like big projects....dom.s love concrete....build the fence out of block...use haitian labor...i would build it bigger and larger than needed...16-20 feet tall a massive project...3 doors...entrances...border checks and d.r. can supply the blocks and haiti the labor..

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
So who's going to pay for the ~390 Km (242 mile) fence?

Why Dominicans of course. Believe me when I tell you that there would be no shortage of
money. The Dominican diaspora as well as the locals would donate plenty of materials plus
the labor.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
You can build a wall or fence but the Haitians will go over or under it and pay the Dominicans on the other side to look the other way . Would not the money be better spent on trying to get 24 hour electricity fix the roads and variopus other things that are really needed in the country? Just my thoughts

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
First things first. Of course there is no way of sealing the border airtight but it can be controlled.
The illegal immigration issue needs to be tackled before anything else because it stops the
country from progressing or moving forward, it just adds to the existing problems.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
First things first. Of course there is no way of sealing the border airtight but it can be controlled.
The illegal immigration issue needs to be tackled before anything else because it stops the
country from progressing or moving forward, it just adds to the existing problems.

There is no way the immigration problem is the root of all that ails the DR. Corruption and apathy have more to do with...immigration is the scape goat.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Bronze of course it needs to be controlled but of the Haitians are paying the people patroling the border to come in how would a fence stop them ?? First things first i think 24 hour electricity is a very high priority how else am I to keep my beer cold???

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
There is no way the immigration problem is the root of all that ails the DR. Corruption and apathy have more to do with...immigration is the scape goat.

Wrong. There is corruption just like everywhere else but the mass of illegals is a burden on a developing country.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Wrong. There is corruption just like everywhere else but the mass of illegals is a burden on a developing country.

Bueno copme on Bronze if you lived here you would see the depth of the corruption but you dont and is not having 24 electricity a must for a developing country?

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Bronze of course it needs to be controlled but of the Haitians are paying the people patroling the border to come in how would a fence stop them ?? First things first i think 24 hour electricity is a very high priority how else am I to keep my beer cold???

Yes, although there are people who do smuggle Haitians into the country a lot of them have/are being
caught. There is a lot being done at the border that many are not aware of.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Bueno copme on Bronze if you lived here you would see the depth of the corruption but you dont and is not having 24 electricity a must for a developing country?

Just because I do not live there does not mean I do not know the level of corruption. Some of
you have a misconception and think that because someone does not live in the DR they cannot
possibly know how or what is going on. As a Dominican let me tell you that I know more about
my country than any foreigner living there.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
+ the educated population with values that knows how much is 8x9 and 110-35........
and many other things. but why do i care. its the charm of this country, andt he beauty of this world that we are different. some are stronger, some weaker, and some wiser and some dumber...
and is not having 24 electricity a must for a developing country?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I see it for myself. Many do not want to believe it because they do not want the
Haitians out of the DR.

The Dominican government and people have every right to determine their immigration policies. The only thing I am disputing is the ease with which people seem to think the problem can be solved. This issue will not be as easy as many here seem to think.....short of genocide.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
The Dominican government and people have every right to determine their immigration policies. The only thing I am disputing is the ease with which people seem to think the problem can be solved. This issue will not be as easy as many here seem to think.....short of genocide.

Who is saying that it has been easy?? The DR has been through hell trying to solve this issue. It
has been years since the DR has been trying to tackle this immigration issue and the DR is doing
all it can and many are not liking it because it is not being done the way they want it to be done.