DR Must Build a Fence...like Spain in Melilla

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
The olde ignoramus saying of "Donde come uno, comen dos" must be abolished from
the Spanish language, 2 starving peoples/countries are just that. 2 starving countries.
A fence must be built, lest we lose all the resources we have left, Spain built this fence
in Melilla...DR needs the same.

[video=youtube;ZHj58hYdhMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHj58hYdhMg[/video]

Aug 6, 2006
Melilla was just a short fence in a well-watched area. A fence between Haiti and the RD would be expensive, long and probably ineffective.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Countries with borders need to build a fence like the Israelis:

Netanyahu confirms Sinai border fence cut illegal intrusions by 99.9 percent
Israel's southern fence has almost halted illegal crossings into the country completely

"As opposed to the over 2,000 infiltrators who entered Israel exactly one year ago and dispersed to various cities, in May 2013 exactly two infiltrators crossed the border and were detained. Now we need to focus on repatriating the illegal infiltrators who are here, and we will meet this task as well," said Netanyahu.

Israel_Egypt_Barrier.jpg

Netanyahu confirms Sinai border fence cut illegal intrusions by 99.9 percent - The Commentator

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
And the sign says "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"
So I jumped the fence and I yelled at the house
Hey! What gives you the right!
To put up a fence and keep me out, or to keep Mother Nature in
If God was here, he'd tell it to your face, man, you're some kind of sinner

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
probably to keep out people who dont belong....i know where i dont belong...
not sure what i would do...but when you have things ,property, children, gadgets... you dont want displaced people to come in your yard and trample /abuse/steal things because they are in need/hungry....etc...:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

probably to keep out people who dont belong....i know where i dont belong...
not sure what i would do...but when you have things ,property, children, gadgets... you dont want displaced people to come in your yard and trample /abuse/steal things because they are in need/hungry....etc...:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::par anoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

Chic, it's a song:

[video=youtube;qLm3HMG8IhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLm3HMG8IhM[/video]

Aug 6, 2006
So who's going to pay for the ~390 Km (242 mile) fence?

American taxpayers paid for Netanyahu's fence. Why would they pay for one to keep Haitians out of the RD?
If a Haitian finds it hard to enter the DR, can you name the next country he will think of sneaking into?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
YOU GUYS ARE ASSUMING, WRONGLY, that the DR government, and the "RICOS" who need Haitian cheap laborers, actually want to keep the Haitians out!!!!
They Don't!!!
The DR's citizens do, but not the "Big Guys"!
Just like ALL COUNTRIES around the world with an "Illegal Alien PROBLEM"??????????
They actually want/need their cheap labor to bolster their economies.
NO DIFFERENT HERE!

cccccccccccccccccccccc

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
So who's going to pay for the ~390 Km (242 mile) fence?
If the 'fence' was to cost as much as the one built by Israel (some serious overcharging must take place for that to happen), it might not even get as high as US$400 million total. The first line of SD's metro cost about US$800 million, the Coral Highway that connects La Romana with Punta Cana I think it was US$300 million, and there are plenty of examples of recent projects that cost more than the most expensive type of fence on the DR/HT border and yet they have been built.

Money is not really an obstacle with the political will.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Israel's new 'fence' along its border with Egypt

[video=youtube;yWLY6W68954]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWLY6W68954[/video]

According to various reports, illegal crossings along that border has dropped by 99%. We should not ignore that Israel fortifies its borders because it actually wants for foreigners to enter through the designated land, sea, and air entry points. They don't just build a fence to get more votes (as happens in the USA where most of the border with Mexico is completely open and the fences built in some stretches as such a joke that any middle class Dominican house probably has a better perimiter fence.)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Last but not least, lets not forget that Haiti herself already started to build a wall topped with barb wires along certain sections ig the DR/HT fence. They are looking for ways to increase the government's revenue, so a proper border is paramount for collecting the taxes on all the contraband that crosses through there.

Don't worry if this is the first time you hear of this new project, the media has for the most part ignored this because its Haiti who's doing it. Had it been the Dominican government, well, I think we all know what the reaction would be.

The Haitians even beautify their side of the fence with murals reminding everyone of their independence heroes, very patriotic to say the least.

If can't see the full photos, simply right-click and open in new tab.

Frontera1.jpg

Frontera2.jpg

Frontera3.jpg

Frontera4.jpg

The Dominican side of the fence has no murals, just the exposed cinder blocks, which is perfectly fine. Had the fence been built by the Dominican government and beautified only the Dominican side, especially with our heroes of independence, it doesn't takes a rocket scientist to know what the media reaction would had been. The amount of 'experts' finding 'hidden psychological meanings of anti-Haitianism as for why the Dominicans beautify their side of the fence but not Haiti's and to make matters worse with portraits of Dominican independence heroes, and Dominican symbols" would had been nauseating simply by the sheer numbers of them, not even taking into account all the nonsense they would had spewed.

But, alas, the fence was built by Haiti so no one cares. lol