DR Nights and Playboy Vacation in the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I think those places are incredibly stupid to allow this type of reporting. Dominicans hate anything that lifts the lid on the sleazier side of their country. I can't see this ending well for the resorts mentioned.
Everyone knows this type of thing exists, from Santo Domingo, to Samana to Sarasota. I have no idea why people like to pretend that Dominicans are so shocked by prostitution and homosexuality. It is everywhere, both the in your face street girls and the high end discreet ones who are classy and nobody seems to know how they afford their homes. Check out the for sale section of the Dominican Republic on Craigslist. You will find both.

Reactions: aarhus

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Everyone knows this type of thing exists, from Santo Domingo, to Samana to Sarasota. I have no idea why people like to pretend that Dominicans are so shocked by prostitution and homosexuality. It is everywhere, both the in your face street girls and the high end discreet ones who are classy and nobody seems to know how they afford their homes. Check out the for sale section of the Dominican Republic on Craigslist. You will find both.

Oh yes you are absolutely right. Like the Cabañas on the edge of every city, there's a lot of naughty stuff going on here. But nobody likes a light shone on it, especially internationally.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Sex vacations are getting some heat.

And the problem is ❓
Individuals who have problems with other adults having consensual relations with each other.
Can we see a story from CDN on the number of cabanas that exist in the 🇩🇴 and why❓
In addition, it’s illegal to promote any sexual business.
You sure about that❓
Cause then it would be illegal to promote cabanas, hotels and AirBnBs because some people have sex there some of the time.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Also, forgot to mention that the only way prostitution is tolerated is if the woman (or man) decides to do that, its their own decision and they are basically their own boss. Pimps, any business employing them as prostitutes or anything similar is illegal. Under age prostitution is illegal on all cases, even if the child decides to go into that on her or his own.
These businesses are illegal & unwanted, at least by the Gov't and anyone with even a little class and taste. They cause huge reputational damage to the DR in the international press, and are often hooked into sex trafficking and abuse of the men, women and minors they exploit, and I don't mean the customers. They're a blight on "society" and should be shut down, and those running them should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Also if they're from countries like the US and Canada that will also prosecute them at home they should be sent back to face charges after their prison terms in the DR are concluded.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
How would you have stopped it?

Oh, I am pretty certain that these resorts asked someone to do that piece on them. It is all written in a positive way, explaining exactly how the service works, it just feels like they were complicit in getting it published. It will do their business good, they will get a lot of new customers. But it will also put their businesses under the radar of people like David Collado and I just suspect they won't last much longer as a result. As we all know, the Ministry of Tourism has a very fixed view on what they want people to think of Dominican Republic and sex tourism is definitely not it.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You sure about that❓
Cause then it would be illegal to promote cabanas, hotels and AirBnBs because some people have sex there some of the time.

This is the entire point. Cabañas rarely promote themselves and very often call themselves names like "La oficina" or "Universidad". Even though everyone knows what goes on there, it is not spoken about specifically and if a woman is discussing where she met a man she can say "we met at Universidad". Nobody is saying that there isn't a lot of sex going on but there is no publicity which explicitly draws attention to this.

I once commented to some important people in the Ministry of Tourism that Santo Domingo has a big gay scene and I wondered why they never did anything to promote gay tourism. And they looked absolutely horrified. It's fine to have a big gay scene, but this must never be spoken about.

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Ok.
Where should we start?
Up until just a few years ago marrying a 14 year old was perfectly legal.
Drug sales points with dozens of reviews posted could be found on Google Maps
and you could run someone over on a motobike, pay the family a few hundred
dollars then go out and do it again without any problem.
(none of which I agree with)

The DR is called a developing country for a reason. Older men with minors is
part of Dominican culture. It is not uncommon for successful individuals in this
country to have a very young (hush hush) mistress. Good luck with seeing it change
during your lifetime.

As far the sex tourism for adults goes...
Anyone who's lives in the DR knows the deal. Angela Ramírez (of CDN) along with the rest
of the "concerned parties" should be doing stories on the root causes/ problems which lead
most of these young women into prostitution. Things like the broken homes, corrupt education
system along with the greedy winner take all scum who've been bleeding this country dry for
decades... not the behavior of consenting adults which appears to pay these prostitutes quite
well. It certainly beats the going rate in your local barrio which is around 500 pesos a pop.
My point of view on this . even if they did have a good education they would still performing the work of prostitutions because they like the fast and easy money get rich quick .... I hope the DB doesn't have a problem with this 😎

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Also, forgot to mention that the only way prostitution is tolerated is if the woman (or man) decides to do that, its their own decision and they are basically their own boss. Pimps, any business employing them as prostitutes or anything similar is illegal. Under age prostitution is illegal on all cases, even if the child decides to go into that on her or his own.
These resorts sounds like pimping. Mega brothel. It just doesn’t look good either for Punta Cana the family destination. I bet they could also look at other issues; tax, labor laws and immigration. Maybe the Dominican authorities didn’t know. Maybe they purchased a failed resort and called it an adult resort whatever that is and then took that further.

• Sad
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Well I didn't find out who owned the resorts, but I did find this useful link. http://www.hotel-dominican-republic.net/tourism/cabanas.php
The sex vacation guys in Punta Cana rent rooms on an as needed basis in one or two of the regular resorts in PC, and IIRC, they also rent a villa. It's not the resorts per se.

Playboy vacations is/was associated with a sex expert named Travis who is in Canada. They have a picture of a well know hotel in Sosua with a pool overlooking Sosua bay.

I say was because today his website is down and the playboy site is blocked in the DR. What a surprise

Of course, those with VPN's can still access the site.

Last edited:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Well I didn't find out who owned the resorts, but I did find this useful link. http://www.hotel-dominican-republic.net/tourism/cabanas.php
Are you kidding me Bob ❓ Seriously⁉️
Here is another useful link for ya:

This is the entire point. Cabañas rarely promote themselves and very often call themselves names like "La oficina" or "Universidad". Even though everyone knows what goes on there, it is not spoken about specifically and if a woman is discussing where she met a man she can say "we met at Universidad". Nobody is saying that there isn't a lot of sex going on but there is no publicity which explicitly draws attention to this.

I once commented to some important people in the Ministry of Tourism that Santo Domingo has a big gay scene and I wondered why they never did anything to promote gay tourism. And they looked absolutely horrified. It's fine to have a big gay scene, but this must never be spoken about.
Is it the resorts that are promoting the activity or is it the news media ❓

Type into google "sex tourism Dominican Republic" and see what you get.
There are articles giving a list of the top 10 countries for sex tourism written as late as May 2021.

You cannot access the websites for the two vacation sites mentioned in the name of this thread from the 🇩🇴 .
You have to be behind a VPN.
If you do take a look at site (and I did take a look at one of them) you would be hard pressed to find any promotion of illegal activities. Those who wish to challenge my statement can tell me where you find such on the web site.
Instead of guessing and proffering why don't you take a look at site for youselves.
These resorts sounds like pimping. Mega brothel. It just doesn’t look good either for Punta Cana the family destination. I bet they could also look at other issues; tax, labor laws and immigration. Maybe the Dominican authorities didn’t know. Maybe they purchased a failed resort and called it an adult resort whatever that is and then took that further.
I am not condoning human trafficking or illegal sexual activity of any kind.
Nor am I promoting it.

But I am saying the secret is out.
About some of the favorite activities that are enjoyed by the people of the 🇩🇴 and visitors to the 🇩🇴 are well known throughout the world.
And if activities are consensual...well:rolleyes:

And I think everyone knows that preverbal phase about the important person having no clothes on or the large animal in the room.

It is the news media that is promoting it‼️

Jan 9, 2004
These resorts sounds like pimping. Mega brothel.

Clearly it is.......no matter how they try to spin it.
It just doesn’t look good either for Punta Cana the family destination.

No it does not, but it is such a miniscule number of tourists involved......it does not yet get the attention it needs.
I bet they could also look at other issues; tax, labor laws and immigration.

That is one way they have gone after some of the other operations in the past.
Maybe the Dominican authorities didn’t know.

Oh they know............and there are a number of Generals and Politicos who likely benefit from it and protect it..........at least until the public outcry forces the governments hand..........and then it stops...........and usually re-emerges elsewhere.
Maybe they purchased a failed resort and called it an adult resort whatever that is and then took that further.
......Or a failing resort that was desperate to stay afloat.

Either way...................none of this is new or news to the DR. It has been happening for as long as tourists have been coming to the DR en masse.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Are you kidding me Bob ❓ Seriously⁉️
Here is another useful link for ya:

Is it the resorts that are promoting the activity or is it the news media ❓

Type into google "sex tourism Dominican Republic" and see what you get.
There are articles giving a list of the top 10 countries for sex tourism written as late as May 2021.

You cannot access the websites for the two vacation sites mentioned in the name of this thread from the 🇩🇴 .
You have to be behind a VPN.
If you do take a look at site (and I did take a look at one of them) you would be hard pressed to find any promotion of illegal activities. Those who wish to challenge my statement can tell me where you find such on the web site.
Instead of guessing and proffering why don't you take a look at site for youselves.

I am not condoning human trafficking or illegal sexual activity of any kind.
Nor am I promoting it.

But I am saying the secret is out.
About some of the favorite activities that are enjoyed by the people of the 🇩🇴 and visitors to the 🇩🇴 are well known throughout the world.
And if activities are consensual...well:rolleyes:

And I think everyone knows that preverbal phase about the important person having no clothes on or the large animal in the room.

It is the news media that is promoting it‼️
I actually agree with you. But I do think Punta Canas reputation should be protected. This type of business should stay where it already was and in the already known areas for it. Plus a full resort in Punta Cana. It sounds on such an industrial scale instead of the typical quaint sleazy Sosua type place.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I actually agree with you. But I do think Punta Canas reputation should be protected. This type of business should stay where it already was and in the already known areas for it. Plus a full resort in Punta Cana. It sounds on such an industrial scale instead of the typical quaint sleazy Sosua type place.
With all due respect...how often to people leave their minimum security prisons anyway?
In Punta Cana and Puerto Plata you have to go looking for that sort of thing it if you want to find it.
If it is on a resort a family is not just going to wander in.
It is not in your face like Sosua.

It often helps me to see things with my own 👀.
I've been to Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and Sosua.
To use them in the same sentence or compare them is like comparing 🍅 's & 🍊's

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Clearly it is.......no matter how they try to spin it.
Not even close.
No it does not, but it is such a miniscule number of tourists involved......it does not yet get the attention it needs.
It in no way harms the reputation of Punta Cana.
Many who visit never leave the confines of their minimum security prisions.
You have to go looking for that sort of thing in Punta Cana if you want to find it.
If it is in a resort then a family is not just going to wander in.
That is one way they have gone after some of the other operations in the past.
Operations that were illegal.
In no way has anyone presented any evidence that either of this operations are operating illegally.
Oh they know............and there are a number of Generals and Politicos who likely benefit from it and protect it..........at least until the public outcry forces the governments hand..........and then it stops...........and usually re-emerges elsewhere.
You know this for a fact or are you just stating your opinion ❓
......Or a failing resort that was desperate to stay afloat.

Either way...................none of this is new or news to the DR. It has been happening for as long as tourists have been coming to the DR en masse.
Finally, a point of agreement‼️

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The ones in PC use adults only resorts. The only people who see the guys with the young girls are other adults within the resort.

The men who are put up in private villas don't even see other guests.

I'm sure there's a lot of jealous guys at the airport when they see a single guy being met by two or more scantily clad cuties when he walks out the terminal. lol

• Haha

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The ones in PC use adults only resorts. The only people who see the guys with the young girls are other adults within the resort.

The men who are put up in private villas don't even see other guests.
You made all of my points
I'm sure there's a lot of jealous guys at the airport when they see a single guy being met by two or more scantily clad cuties when he walks out the terminal. lol
And they pay a premium for that experience.

We would not even be talking about this subject without the CDN.com calling attention to it.
I guess the shock of their "man on the street" stories have worn off. 😂

Reactions: JD Jones

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Oh yes you are absolutely right. Like the Cabañas on the edge of every city, there's a lot of naughty stuff going on here. But nobody likes a light shone on it, especially internationally.
I dont think the Cabanas are even remotely a Problem .. their Whole Business Model is based on DISCRETION.... Even the Garage Door spells this out .. No Lic Plates, no faces .
When you order food, you dont even show your face .. Its Discreet Short Stay Hotel by 2 or more consenting adults who check in together or separately even .
No one even checks you in , so no one can even be accused of pimping girls to you .

even if the brightest Light were to shine on them, it would not affect Tourism one bit ..
So IMO they do not belong in the same group as " Sex Tourism" hotels and Clubs etc .

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
To me the problem is the business model of a Punta Cana resort and that brand being used for this type of business. Very different from cabañas often located remotely from recidencial areas etc and also very different from the sleazy bars of the capital and Sosua/Boca Chica and Punta Cana - Bavaro etc which will always be there. I was able to open the rdnights website and it does look like a resort and that business model used for a large brothel. I just think it’s over the top.

Reactions: MariaRubia
Status
Not open for further replies.