DR Photo Gallery

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Update: The new signups and beta testing will begin late this month. My goal, no ads, no BS. Pure simple image hosting ;)

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Update: I've been putting lot of my projects on hold so I finally resumed last month, the photo gallery is still there but we are moving it to a new domain name that is designed for DR and also it'll be sitting on a new server of its own so more resources and better scalability. Stay tuned...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have plenty to share from Santiago and of Playa Sosua.
Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Reactions: MiamiDRGuy

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Hello everyone!

I've launched a beta online community photo gallery designed for DR only. See the beta launch at www.drphotos.site

The new user signups, uploading and all that will be available soon. I'm testing the waters.

Rest assured, all photos has copyright on them whoever it belongs to and we are just showcase to display them.

Enjoy!

Are you going to do the new user sign ups for others to upload.

I have some I would like to upload.

Reactions: MiamiDRGuy

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Anyone who want to try the new beta, PM me your username/password/email and I'll add you guys in.

The new move/upgrade will take it's place in the late Q4 of 2021 so this is a taste of waters.

Thanks

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Basic to know:

1) Each photo must be 8MB or less, you can upload up to 50 photos at once.
2) We don't limit how much pictures you can have in the gallery.
3) We use CDN technology so wherever the world visit the site, CDN host the images, lighting speed to keep the site run faster.
4) The gallery is running on an dedicated server so rest assured, we have plenty of resources.
5) You can only upload JPG, GIF, PNG and WEBP. No animated/videos allowed.
6) At any time if you want to add pictures, use one of these categories. If you don't see one, I'll create one. This is easier that way but all of your pictures you uploaded will display your username so the visitors will know it's yours.
7) In regarding "Photo Credits" policy, you can read it at https://drphotos.site/page/photocredits

Overall, I always advise photography out there to put watermark on your photos to ensure your pictures are protected.

If you want to make donations to support this project, any help is welcome.

Cheers

Reactions: cavok and CristoRey

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
My longtime friend contacted me out of blue while I was on train, he says he loved the site so he purchased a new solo dedicated server and a new domain name, so now we are now testing it out. We will eventually move to this new machine sometime this month instead of Q4 of 2021 😁

Stay tuned ....

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Hello everyone!

I've launched a beta online community photo gallery designed for DR only. See the beta launch at www.drphotos.site

The new user signups, uploading and all that will be available soon. I'm testing the waters.

Rest assured, all photos has copyright on them whoever it belongs to and we are just showcase to display them.

Enjoy!
Where do I find this photo Gallery?

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Good morning everyone, its 630am, what a fresh morning of Sunday.

The old site has been discontinued so now it moved to new domain name: www.drphotos.do

I also changed the software due to cost savings and faster software. It's running on a dedicated server and it's running smooth so far.

The reason of move: The new server now has 1Gpbs unmetered bandwidth so rest assured, we will have no issues with traffic for years to come.

Fun stuff to know about the new server: E3-1230 8 Cores 3.30GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD Hard Drive and 20Gpbs DDoS Protection.

Anyone who want to join, PM me and I'll add you. For others who already did, I've re-added you in.

Also NEW: Live Chat on Discord is now available for any DR1ers and public, the link is on our website.

Much thanks for the support!

Reactions: AlaPlaya

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Update to the Basic Rule info:

1) Each photo must be 5MB or less and you can upload as much as 100 photos at once. Use the Drag n' Drop in the box and it's done.
2) We don't limit how much pictures you can have in the gallery.
3) CDN feature has put on hold.
4) The gallery is running on an dedicated server so rest assured, we have plenty of resources.
5) You can only upload JPG, GIF, PNG. No animated/videos allowed.
6) At any time if you want to add pictures, use one of these categories. If you don't see one, I'll create one. This is easier that way but all of your pictures you uploaded will display your username so the visitors will know it's yours.
7) In regarding "Photo Credits" policy, you can read it at https://drphotos.do/index.php/pages/show/Photo+Credits+Policy

Mucho gracias!

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Updated: I've upgraded the server, new resources: Dual E5-2650 16 Cores 3.6GHz, 64GB RAM, 2X 500GB SSD Storage and 40Gpbs DDoS Protection. More powerful ;)