DR reopens airports, authorizes commercial aviation

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013

IDAC is not credible? The requirement for a "health certificate" is incredible. I guess you can just be tested and wait in the airport after you arrive. That will work out really well.
To the best of my knowledge . IDAC has not said you need proof of COVID-19 negative test . Maybe you can direct me to the link .
Instead they say a health declaration form has to be filled out by the passenger before deplaning the aircraft .

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
To the best of my knowledge . IDAC has not said you need proof of COVID-19 negative test . Maybe you can direct me to the link .
Instead they say a health declaration form has to be filled out by the passenger before deplaning the aircraft .
I hope that is correct. Things are changing so fast.

colmcb

Mar 22, 2009
For what it's worth......I live in South Florida and have flights scheduled to PUJ, although not for another 2 months so I have some time to wait, and see what happens.

However, when I read yesterday, the need for the required health certificate yesterday, I was curious about how and where we could get tested before we travel as I've really had no reason to be tested to date. I called around to the many testing sites we have in Broward and Dade counties.

What I found out is:

* Most require you to have symptoms, be a first responder, or in some cases, feel that you have been exposed, before they issue an appt for the test.
* A very few will allow asymptomatic people to get tested (in other words, just for the hell of it if you're asymptomatic).You need to be vetted first and then make an appt at most of those. However, there are a few that are walk-ups, no appt needed.
* 3 of the 4 sites I inquired with who will indeed test if you're asymptomatic, you can get an appt advised, in a nutshell: if there are any appts available. Everyone who is symptomatic or a first responder will be given an appt first. However, you can wait on the line. Mind you, lines at many of these sites are hours long and day after day we hear stories on the news that they had to turn people away after waiting for hours, because they ran out of test kits or have limited the number of tests done per day.

I'm not a first responder nor would I plan on traveling if I were indeed symptomatic so......

What I found interesting is that each site also advised the turn around time for the test results is "5-7 days". Not one offered a shorter trun around time. Not sure how I would be able to get a test within 5 days of travel and be sure I have results back on time. I can only imagine the line once we arrive in PUJ, to be tested, if we don't carry a negative test result with us, and then the wait to be sure we're negative. I'm hoping that once the airports open and things are re-evaluated, there will be an easier solution.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
As I initially thought, a health declaration is not the same as a Covid test. Nobody seems to know exactly what it is or how to get one and it's still not clear if a Covid test is required to be brought with you for entry.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013

Here is something that is clear and from an official.
Administrator Of the Santiago Airport (Cibao) clearly says it is NOT TRUE that you have to bring any proof of negative test .
He says there will be temperature checks for everyone as they exit and if you have a temperature over 38 degrees celcius (100.4 f ) then for that person they will activate a safety protocol .
Once again , you do not have to bring proof of Civid19 test .( listen from about minute 1.50 in the video )

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I posted this earlier
==============================
Formulario de Solicitud de Autorización de vuelos privados y/o cuarentena domiciliaria

https://forms.zohopublic.com/minpre...a/ps6QAev9cWGDo2R-YoQSDSZaW78tSk6c-coWybHxUhI
==============================================

It reads Private Flights...
This form was for a DR Citizen requesting to return.... on an inbound ferry flight

That was a type of private flight...
only approved citizens were allowed to fly.... no John Q Public

Now that borders are open -- a different form will apply.
No gov't permission necessary to fly in

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
There seems to be some contradictions about the need of COVID test proof upon entering. This was being discussed on another thread. I think is safer to arrive with testing proof, and negative results hopefully, than be subject to whatever testing will be applied on arrival. Perhaps even surprised charges.
Look at this video at about 9:45, economy minister speaking.

Reactions: Africaida

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
There seems to be some contradictions about the need of COVID test proof upon entering. This was being discussed on another thread. I think is safer to arrive with testing proof, and negative results hopefully, than be subject to whatever testing will be applied on arrival. Perhaps even surprised charges.
Look at this video at about 9:45, economy minister speaking.

This is an expat forum. What does he say lol?

• Haha
Reactions: MarJD

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
This is an expat forum. What does he say lol?
Oops! Sorry. He says people should bring proof of COVID testing which should be no longer than 5 day old from arrival. Also, those that are not able to bring it, will be tested upon arrival. That's it in a nutshell. No mention if people will be charged for such testing though.

Reactions: Andre14615

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Perhaps not at all feasable but it would certainly simplify things for many arrivals not only here in the DR but worldewide if the airlines themselves requested a Negative Test Result was needed before flying... It would certainly help in reducing the spread of this damn thing. IMHO

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wait until manana and things will change. There is clearly a thread on DR1 that states a certificate of health less than five days old was needed to fly or you faced getting tested at the airport. Tomorrow might be a different story. We will know soon as passengers post their actual experiences.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From the new News thread DR reopens to Tourism

This is what is in effect as of 1 July 2020:

There will be temperature checking at the airport. Nevertheless, there are no restrictions for arriving passengers. That is, no PCR or testing certificates are required. There will be no quarantine for arriving passengers, with the exception of those that test positive for fever upon arrival.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
confusing !!???

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Maybe they are waiting for the pandemic to be over before making the rules.

LaVerdadera

Apr 29, 2020
USA
For what it's worth......I live in South Florida and have flights scheduled to PUJ, although not for another 2 months so I have some time to wait, and see what happens.

However, when I read yesterday, the need for the required health certificate yesterday, I was curious about how and where we could get tested before we travel as I've really had no reason to be tested to date. I called around to the many testing sites we have in Broward and Dade counties.

What I found out is:

* Most require you to have symptoms, be a first responder, or in some cases, feel that you have been exposed, before they issue an appt for the test.
* A very few will allow asymptomatic people to get tested (in other words, just for the hell of it if you're asymptomatic).You need to be vetted first and then make an appt at most of those. However, there are a few that are walk-ups, no appt needed.
* 3 of the 4 sites I inquired with who will indeed test if you're asymptomatic, you can get an appt advised, in a nutshell: if there are any appts available. Everyone who is symptomatic or a first responder will be given an appt first. However, you can wait on the line. Mind you, lines at many of these sites are hours long and day after day we hear stories on the news that they had to turn people away after waiting for hours, because they ran out of test kits or have limited the number of tests done per day.

I'm not a first responder nor would I plan on traveling if I were indeed symptomatic so......

What I found interesting is that each site also advised the turn around time for the test results is "5-7 days". Not one offered a shorter trun around time. Not sure how I would be able to get a test within 5 days of travel and be sure I have results back on time. I can only imagine the line once we arrive in PUJ, to be tested, if we don't carry a negative test result with us, and then the wait to be sure we're negative. I'm hoping that once the airports open and things are re-evaluated, there will be an easier solution.

I am here in Arizona and have called around to see where I would be able to get tested and have the results back in short enough time to use as proof upon arrival in RD. So far everywhere I have called says you’ll have the results in 7 days. That’s not going to help me at all when the requirement is for test results to be from no more than 5 days before arrival. This is frustrating. And I don’t know what this good health certificate is either. Neither did my doctors office when I called inquiring about it. They just assumed a letter from your doctors office after having a regular health checkup might be it but they have no certificate. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do, but I’m trying to be proactive so I can get on a plane and enter RD with the least amount of difficulty and as soon as possible.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I am here in Arizona and have called around to see where I would be able to get tested and have the results back in short enough time to use as proof upon arrival in RD. So far everywhere I have called says you’ll have the results in 7 days. That’s not going to help me at all when the requirement is for test results to be from no more than 5 days before arrival. This is frustrating. And I don’t know what this good health certificate is either. Neither did my doctors office when I called inquiring about it. They just assumed a letter from your doctors office after having a regular health checkup might be it but they have no certificate. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do, but I’m trying to be proactive so I can get on a plane and enter RD with the least amount of difficulty and as soon as possible.
Well the latest information on DR1 News is that you can't get a test certificate you can come anyway and have you temperature taken on arrival. My guess is that there may be a delay for those without certificates.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You can be tested clear today and be exposed tomorrow.
All the tests are known to have fairly high inaccuracy rates.
Assuming 250 people on the plane it is a near certainty some of your fellow passengers will have the virus.
If your seatmate or persons sitting near are carriers it is a near certainly you will get the virus considering what we know about how contagious this virus can be.
What kind of person wants to get on a plane at this time and travel to the DR?
It is an assumption but I would think that it is generally not one who has taken all the precautions against the virus.
Imagine you fly down asap, get sick and end up in a Dominican hospital.

Good luck to all of you who are on the early flights but I am patiently waiting.
I doubt we will know if the early travelers get sick considering there is no tracing and the DR will not be interested in publishing anything that will hurt tourism.
I miss my home but not nearly enough to take a health risk in the face of this virus.
Besides the DR is hot as hell in July.