DR reopens to tourism

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
So play Russian Roulette with 100 bullets and if you don't blow your head off you get to take a vacation to the Dominican Republic🤣

Not a good analogy. First you have to be exposed, then you have to get symptoms, then you have to get really worse before anything happens. Remember I said < 1/100, not =0.01. So yea, I'll take those chances anytime given my health profile.

Reactions: GusFring

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Not a good analogy. First you have to be exposed, then you have to get symptoms, then you have to get really worse before anything happens. Remember I said < 1/100, not =0.01. So yea, I'll take those chances anytime given my health profile.

I like to look at it this way. If someone gave you a bag of 100 peanuts and said one of these peanut inside this bag can make you ill. Would you eat it? Most people would throw the whole bag away.

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
I like to look at it this way. If someone gave you a bag of 100 peanuts and said one of these peanut inside this bag can make you ill. Would you eat it? Most people would throw the whole bag away.
I'm arriving tomorrow. I hope I don't eat the bad peanut. I'd throw the bag away but it's the same situation here in Florida and every bag here has a bad peanut (or three). We gotta eat!

If I end up taking a dirt nap, the DR is as good a place as any. I've gone through my mid life crisis, now I'm dealing with an existential crisis!

Reactions: colmcb

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
If persons are truly worried about traveling abroad, and what their respective insurance may/may not cover, perhaps they should not travel abroad at this point in time. Seems simple enough.

You are right. You won't see my white ass down there until this virus is over. If I was the DR government I would restrict travel from the US. Thanks to the federal government in the US it keeps getting worse up here.

Reactions: Goldenruler

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Checked flightaware for PUJ and it looks like arrivals departures are back about 50% of normal. Not seeing Canadian arrivals departures, virtually everything is USA traffic. The charter flights, Sunwing/Allegiant, not seeing those yet either...booking websites show departures for those 8/1.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Checked flightaware for PUJ and it looks like arrivals departures are back about 50% of normal. Not seeing Canadian arrivals departures, virtually everything is USA traffic. The charter flights, Sunwing/Allegiant, not seeing those yet either...booking websites show departures for those 8/1.
Maybe there under the circumstances is a small boom now. Pent up demand and residents, home owners and family travelling in.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Maybe there under the circumstances is a small boom now. Pent up demand and residents, home owners and family travelling in.
Yep, looks like as soon as it opened up demand was pretty strong. Also did the Airfare/hotel search and it looks like pretty much all of the Resorts are open. (August search date).

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

Even if you get unlucky and get that one out of 100 peanut, there is still only 1 or 2 percent chance that that peanut will kill you. 100 x 100 is a 1 in 10,000 chance. Its probably the same to get killed in DR traffic or catch Malaria/Zika/Chickinguya/or Food poisoning or some other tropical disease.

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
Even if you get unlucky and get that one out of 100 peanut, there is still only 1 or 2 percent chance that that peanut will kill you. 100 x 100 is a 1 in 10,000 chance. Its probably the same to get killed in DR traffic or catch Malaria/Zika/Chickinguya/or Food poisoning or some other tropical disease.
Hmmm... by the end of this there will be from 60 to 80 covid peanuts in the bag unless there is a vaccine. It's unlikely you'll avoid the bad peanut. It is likely you will avoid the deadly peanut if you are in good health.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Estimated that 33% of U.S. pop is a bad peanut that can make avg. of 2.5 other nuts go bad. In a room with 100 nuts with 33 of them being bad, how many others could be infected in that room? What's that old saying about 1 bad apple?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The one peanut will not affect the rest of the bag

in the case of humans....
one sick one can change the odds 'bigly'.... 1 can become 21-31.... who knows

Stick w/ the Russian Roulette idea - less chance of dying

• Haha

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Perfect analogy but odds there are 20 bad peanuts is more analogous.

HOMS is posting on social media that they are buried in Covid19 and to please STAY AT HOME.

From HOMS.

Reactions: Andre14615

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Yep, looks like as soon as it opened up demand was pretty strong. Also did the Airfare/hotel search and it looks like pretty much all of the Resorts are open. (August search date).
Not according to the president of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants (Asonahores), Paola Rainieri....

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Not according to the president of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants (Asonahores), Paola Rainieri....

RIF I posted "(August search date)". The article you posted never mentioned Punta Cana once. The PUJ arrivals and departures are about even now, suggesting tourists. Also the article you posted mentioned July 1 and 1 week thereafter which would be 2 days ago. "He said that 26 hotels have scheduled to reopen for the rest of July, seven will open in August" That is the exact # Apple Vacations showed for PUJ for August, although the article does not specify for this area and they only mention a few by name for SDO.

Oct 11, 2010
When to hold'em and when to fold'em

Impeccable timing.

Depart the Dominican Republic as campaigning ends and before the elections were held last Sunday. Just as airports start receiving flights and the DR opens to tourism which is right now almost 100% from the worlds MOST INFECTED COUNTRY and from the world's MOST INFECTED CITY.

Planes arriving here with who knows how many asymptomatic contagious passengers for whom these ridiculous, randomly administered temperature checks which mean absolutely nothing, are then processing through immigration and customs with almost zero social distancing and collecting their luggage in areas with even less. To head out and mix with a population whose steady increase in the daily infected rate as well as the increase in daily death rate is exponentially higher than when they initially closed the country to tourism and is STILL INCREASING.

WELL PLAYED ! ! !

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Impeccable timing.

Depart the Dominican Republic as campaigning ends and before the elections were held last Sunday. Just as airports start receiving flights and the DR opens to tourism which is right now almost 100% from the worlds MOST INFECTED COUNTRY and from the world's MOST INFECTED CITY.

Planes arriving here with who knows how many asymptomatic contagious passengers for whom these ridiculous, randomly administered temperature checks which mean absolutely nothing, are then processing through immigration and customs with almost zero social distancing and collecting their luggage in areas with even less. To head out and mix with a population whose steady increase in the daily infected rate as well as the increase in daily death rate is exponentially higher than when they initially closed the country to tourism and is STILL INCREASING.

WELL PLAYED ! ! !

Attachments

• funhasbegun.jpg
    funhasbegun.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Andre14615