DR to move Dominican Embassy to Jerusalem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I applaud this move if the DR does it:

Horrible, horrible, horrible. It made me sick when the US did it. I love Israel, and as long as the status of Jerusalem is undecided, this kind of pandering, reactionary move is a slap in the face to any possible movement towards peace.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Horrible, horrible, horrible. It made me sick when the US did it. I love Israel, and as long as the status of Jerusalem is undecided, this kind of pandering, reactionary move is a slap in the face to any possible movement towards peace.
As a former resident of the city in question, I heartily agree.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well many countries have made peace with Israel in the middle east now. It's time for Hamas and the PLO to grow up.
Jerusalem is the heart of Israel and it makes sense all embassies move to be near each other.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Well many countries have made peace with Israel in the middle east now. It's time for Hamas and the PLO to grow up.
Jerusalem is the heart of Israel and it makes sense all embassies move to be near each other.

Does not Israel say its capital is Jerusalem? That should settle it for the DR and everyone else. It's their country and has been for over 3000 years.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Except for the fact that the status of Jerusalem is at the crux of it all. Moving embassies to Jerusalem, while its status is still on the table (and will be for a long time) is a slap in the face to Palestinians. I am an observant Jew, and a proud Zionist, so you're probably surprised that I care about the opinion of Palestinians. But I do.I've visited Israel more than any other country (except France, which is another discussion of Jewish/Muslim relations). It's basically all economic. I think this discussion should be moved to off-topic.

• Angry
Reactions: Caonabo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Except for the fact that the status of Jerusalem is at the crux of it all. Moving embassies to Jerusalem, while its status is still on the table (and will be for a long time) is a slap in the face to Palestinians. I am an observant Jew, and a proud Zionist, so you're probably surprised that I care about the opinion of Palestinians. But I do.I've visited Israel more than any other country (except France, which is another discussion of Jewish/Muslim relations). It's basically all economic. I think this discussion should be moved to off-topic.
YES. Move it to off-topic and let the fists fly with posts political and religious and not DR related. OH! Just remembered OT went bye-bye.

Reactions: Caonabo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
YES. Move it to off-topic and let the fists fly with posts political and religious and not DR related. OH! Just remembered OT went bye-bye.
My opinion? It should be closed. It's just a matter of time before it will go off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.