DR to YYZ

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have just returned from YYZ…. Albeit not from Rep Dom but using Terminal 3 where WestJet lands.

I was trepidations , having read all the ugly reports.
Nothing…. Smooth landing and Immigration entry…. Not a glitch at 5pm or so…. About the time the POP flight lands

Left this AM at 11… easy exit… no huge lines ( Global Eentry) but I could see the hoi polloi in the line…. Not bad at all
I arrived at 9 for an 11 flight and was done in 20 minutes

I’m still spooked to fly…. But it seems better

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
This is helpful. People are saying to avoid YYZ at all costs.

Hearing that you made it through without huge issues is mildly reassuring. Although we will be flying Air Canadá 😬.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
This is helpful. People are saying to avoid YYZ at all costs.

Hearing that you made it through without huge issues is mildly reassuring. Although we will be flying Air Canadá 😬.
terminal 1 is a whole different animal Ive been told

Reactions: Auryn

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Two sides to every story....

The fellow seated beside me arrived 3 hrs early to make sure of making the flight (11am)
His friend allowed 3 hrs previously and missed his flight..... he didn't say which terminal that was.

As I said - we were Term #3.....

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
2 weeks ago my brother was told to be 4 hours before flight to Colombia. We got to the checkin line and it was still being used by another airline to checkin their passengers. The terminal was a mad house. Terminal 1 at mid day on a Monday

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I did term #1.... but it was 6am..... so was easy

A warning.... US Immigration doesn't open until 6am......so don't waste your time

The POP flight is 9:26am.... WestJet.... so the 6am is ok

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
I did term #1.... but it was 6am..... so was easy

A warning.... US Immigration doesn't open until 6am......so don't waste your time

The POP flight is 9:26am.... WestJet.... so the 6am is ok
Strange in our case terminal 1 pre-clearance opened at 5am last Monday at Toronto Pearson. Nexus versus regular line was measured in hours at that time in the security screening, customs itself was a breeze either side.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That may be.... I was first in line at 6am my day... with another person

It may be 5am some days or always now.... they are trying hard to clear the bottlenecks

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
We overnighted at a hotel and flew out of YYZ last Monday. Air Canada sent an email saying give 2 hours prior for domestic and 4 hours for international. After reading this thread I made sure to adhere.
Point of departure gate agent said not to worry because things had improved….

Hotel reception in YYZ asked if we wanted to book another night due to the nightmare that is Terminal 1.
Bags were checked through despite a 14 hour layover and arrived without issue. The domestic security line was nothing short of horrific but I was through security for international in less than 20 minutes.

It may have been the smoothest trip I’ve made through Toronto in 40+ flights.

Hopefully that initial gate agent was right.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
We overnighted at a hotel and flew out of YYZ last Monday. Air Canada sent an email saying give 2 hours prior for domestic and 4 hours for international. After reading this thread I made sure to adhere.
Point of departure gate agent said not to worry because things had improved….

Hotel reception in YYZ asked if we wanted to book another night due to the nightmare that is Terminal 1.
Bags were checked through despite a 14 hour layover and arrived without issue. The domestic security line was nothing short of horrific but I was through security for international in less than 20 minutes.

It may have been the smoothest trip I’ve made through Toronto in 40+ flights.

Hopefully that initial gate agent was right.