DR1 Colombia, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Finally here, it's been an eventful 24hrs.

Flight was excellent, COPA are a great airline.
Meet up with a bunch of Puerto Ricans in Panama on a sales trip to an all-inclusive just north of Cartagena (Colombia). Nothing strange in that, only that they are going to one of the first all-inclusives here on the north coast of Colombia.

What else...

I have the flu imported from the DR and snapped my key in the apartment door. Managed to find a guy at 7pm that is well known around these parts for being able to get into apartments. Paid him US$5 and he was able to shimmy a piece of plastic between the lock and the door, 30 secs and in! (photo below) Luckily the door has another lock that would require a battering ram to get through.

Once I get over this damn awful flu, I'll start posting more about what's happening and how things are evolving here.

locksmith.jpg

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Well Robert, CONGRATULATIONS!

Although i have never met you in person, through the years I have observed, mostly passively, how DR1 has grown, grown, and growed some more. Moving to a market like Colombia is a gamble quite likely to pay off.

I will post, rant and rave to anyone willing to listen as much as I can about DR1 Colombia. Buena Suerte!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yep, it's a gamble, but until you roll the dice, you never know :)

I'll start posting more and updating the thread at the end of the week.
Been running around the last few days and have other stuff that I need to catch up on.

Cartagena is spectacular and should be close to top of the list for anyone wishing to visit this end of the world.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Looking forward to reading more about Colombia. Especially reading about Cartagena, Medellin and Bogota as I was there last year.

Tru-life

Feb 15, 2010
i have been waiting for a site like this to happen:) Im moving to Cali Colombia in february for a half year. So its perfect it will be up soon :)
Thank u jeje

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I thought Dominican girls we're vane, they have nothing on colombians!!

I just spent an afternoon looking around the Cartagena lase and plastic surgery clinic, vanity overload! I want to be a doctor in Colombia!! Hehehe

They are so specific and precise when it comes to what they want done. Tip my nose a couple of degrees, flatten this and sculpture that etc.

Colombia has more beautiful woman than I have seen in any country and the middle class and above love to be enhanced.

I found out today that Botox is out, the new thing is drawing blood, spinning out the plasma and reinjecting it. *100% natural Botox. *I was surprised, the results look really impressive.

I'm going back within the next couple of weeks and plan to take some photos and get a bunch of info etc. *

Sitting outside right now at Juan Valdez cafe in Bocagrande and posting this *from my iPad. *It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I found out today that Botox is out, the new thing is drawing blood, spinning out the plasma and reinjecting it. *100% natural Botox. *I was surprised, the results look really impressive.
Looking forward to your new look. (You handsome devil)

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Juan Valdez has good coffee. Where is Bocagrande compared to Cartagena ?

May 5, 2007
I thought Dominican girls we're vane, they have nothing on colombians!!

I just spent an afternoon looking around the Cartagena lase and plastic surgery clinic, vanity overload! I want to be a doctor in Colombia!! Hehehe

They are so specific and precise when it comes to what they want done. Tip my nose a couple of degrees, flatten this and sculpture that etc.

Colombia has more beautiful woman than I have seen in any country and the middle class and above love to be enhanced.

I'm going back within the next couple of weeks and plan to take some photos and get a bunch of info etc. *

Sitting outside right now at Juan Valdez cafe in Bocagrande and posting this *from my iPad. *It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Rob, stick with the dental makeover, reconstructive surgery has it's limits :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have been running around a lot the past couple of weeks, but will update the thread later today or tomorrow.

I have a ton of excellent content that I'm going to start posting on the Colombia site that you will get a sneak peek at.

If you have never been to Colombia, start making plans, it's simply amazing and will exceed your expectations!

Apr 26, 2002
My company just invested US$14M in Colombia, and is hoping to add another $8M this year. The cities are under control and tourism is booming. The populations of the bigger cities are highly industrious. Yes, now is the time to get in. Just be careful of the red tape and understand that money laundering and banking regulations are strict as hell and taxes can be arbitrary.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Colombia is nothing like what most people imagine, usually those people that have never been here.

To date, I have found professional Colombians proactive and curious to know and learn more.
I have had zero problems getting to see business owners and introductions to others. The referral is everything :)

But...

As much as they tell you they are open for business, it's still a very closed, family run country, just like the DR. Also the business culture in Cartagena, is very different to Medellin, Bogota etc.

I had coffee yesterday with the owner and publisher of "LURE" an excellent tourism focused high end printed guide. As he explained, sales by city can be very different. Basically they are not used to buying advertising, it's relatively new here in the tourism sector.

Cartagena - Will only deal with owners, forget a sales girl. They take some convincing and it's all about you personally.
Bogota - Many business have 2-3 owners, so you're going to need to get yourself in front of them all at the same time.
Medellin - Very closed. You need to be very persistant, but once your in, your in.
Barranquilla - They will buy everything and never pay.

Like any new market, it takes time to get your foot in the door and learn who's who.

But it can be a lot of fun...

Getting to work and play in a new city.

1.jpg

Seeing and eating new food.

3.jpg

They are eggs, never seen a chicken cut up like this before.

4.jpg

Raul, 48 years in the same spot selling juice and "Mango Biche".

8.jpg

Getting to spend the day with the worlds #1 Guayabera maker, Edgar Gustavo Estevan.

6.jpg

11.jpg

He has same famous clients, including Bill Gates, King of Spain etc.

5.jpg

Working with and hanging out with some super "chevere" Colombians.

12.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

Visiting spectacular clinics with amazing views.

7.jpg

Meeting the doctor (Carlos Velez) that has the best job in the world.
He looks after the teeth of all the Miss Colombia contestants :)

2.jpg

I have so much content and info... I'm looking forward to updating the actual Colombia site.

May 12, 2005
Robert what is the web address for the Colombia site? And how did you get that woman to pose in a foto with you? Must be your beautiful new teeth.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert what is the web address for the Colombia site? And how did you get that woman to pose in a foto with you? Must be your beautiful new teeth.

My teeth are not new yet, just stabilized. The new chompers are coming!
My charm and BS usually works better than my teeth. jejeje

Site is not open yet. colombia.dr1.com

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Raul, 48 years in the same spot selling juice and "Mango Biche".

8.jpg

I miss those fruits. Roberts have you had the salpicon de fruta? chopped up fruit in juice, served in a plastic cup. I used to drink 3 of those / day.

Status
Not open for further replies.