DR1 Get Together In Toronto!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Hey Peaches,

I'm coming from the West end as well. Here's directions...you'll probably see the same or similar on Mapquest.

Take the 401 E (Collectors)
Exit at Weston Rd
Turn left on Weston Rd
Turn right on Sheppard Ave
Then turn left on Rivalda Rd

Las Brisas is on the left hand side. There's a huge sign saying Las Brisas, but I'm sure you'll hear the music before you see the sign ;) Plenty of parking in the building across the street and to either side of Brisas.

Hope this helps,
Debs

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Party time!

Thanks for the directions and the parking info. Anna and Debs.

I hope they have the heat cranked up in there.
Es muy frio aqui hoy.

I am ready to party bigtime but I think I must take it easy since I will be driving, unless someone can drive my car back to Scarberia.
I don't think I want to leave my car there plus I am working manana.

Husta luego.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
As far as dressing to kill goes, it's sooo fricking cold out I'm thinking of dressing like I'm going penguin hunting. :laugh:

See you all there!

Nov 5, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
As far as dressing to kill goes, it's sooo fricking cold out I'm thinking of dressing like I'm going penguin hunting. :laugh:

See you all there!

Yes..how am I supposed to wear my cute little Dominican dancing skirt, when it feels like -35...plus the only nice shoes I have to go with my skirts are all sandels!!!!!!! AHHHH! What's a girl to do??

Oh well..guess I don't need to wear my "cute little Dominican dancing skirt" anyways, since I am not really supposed to be dancing with Dominican men...and if I do...I must do so carefuly!! LOL ;)

p.s...ok it's now less then 2 hours untill it starts and I can find nothing to wear that will keep me from getting hypothermia...but still look appropriate to dance bachata in! I just can't bring myself to wear my black boots..they will keep me warm, but how can I dance bachata in black boots??? That's just not right!!!!!!!!
And I will be by myself..my one friend is sick..and other other has a dead cell phone and I can't get ahold of her.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2004
Temperature in Toronto for DR1 get together...

It is acutally *only* -17 but with the wind chill the news says its about -32!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thats it...no sandels for me. i will just wear my warm boots and not dance bachata.:p

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
A tip from Music:
I wear boots to the club and bring sandals with me and I change into them in the club!! I can not dance in boots yuk yuk lol! You'll always see me with a bag going into a club lol I must wear sandals hee hee!
It's freezing out there and I'm sick lost my voice so no laughing at me but I'm a fighter I will still be there tonight almost time have to go get dressed !!

PeachezNcream84 said:
It is acutally *only* -17 but with the wind chill the news says its about -32!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thats it...no sandels for me. i will just wear my warm boots and not dance bachata.:p

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
Music said:
It's freezing out there and I'm sick lost my voice so no laughing at me but I'm a fighter I will still be there tonight almost time have to go get dressed !!
I'm nice and warm and the football game is on but how can I wimp out after reading this.

Okay, I'm leaving now.

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
ok. so it's 5:28 am.. and I JUST got home from Las Brisas! *My car broke down on the way home, had to wait for my dad to come check it out.. he determined that I needed to get it towed home.. and well, here I am... about to go to bed--gotta get up in an hour for work! :(

*On a brighter note, I had a great time tonight!!! It was wonderful to meet everyone! ... ok.. more later.. goodnight. :tired:

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
i stopped by later on... i didnt leave the school till about 11:30 and got there before 1 ... everyone was scattered so i just went and drank my *** off with everyone i was with !
NEXT TIME ... well technically i was there ... but ... NEXT TIME !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Angel, so sorry to hear that.

I had a great time. It was wonderful to meet all the new members and just as wonderful to see the ones I already know.

Next time we'll have to make it on a Friday or Saturday.

Thanks to the brave guys that came out, Homer, Terry, Melibrook and Homer's friend and of course all the girls. Will get some pictures up. If you'd like to send your pictures to me I'll put them on worlisround.

annaconiglio@hotmail.com

Thanks

Last edited:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Glad to hear you guys still braved the cold last night to get together and had a good time. Sorry I missed it, but my car doesn't like the cold so I didn't want to chance getting stranded.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Hope we have another get together soon :)

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
I had fun

All I can say is:

I enjoyed the time that was fun party next time we try to make it Friday or Saturday.

Anna we missed the bachata next time we have to Dance bachata.
next time lets try El Rancho or Flamingo. That was nice to meet all you.
I know some of you are going back soon to DR. please enjoy the heat in there from me. I guess I will see you all soon again.

PS: Music are you sure you are Canadian? that was too much bachata and Merengue. I think that I have to practice more often my merengue and bachata.

Music: Don't forget to let us know when is the next party.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
simpson Homer said:
All I can say is:

I enjoyed the time that was fun party next time we try to make it Friday or Saturday.

Anna we missed the bachata next time we have to Dance bachata.
next time lets try El Rancho or Flamingo. That was nice to meet all you.
I know some of you are going back soon to DR. please enjoy the heat in there from me. I guess I will see you all soon again.

PS: Music are you sure you are Canadian? that was too much bachata and Merengue. I think that I have to practice more often my merengue and bachata.

Music: Don't forget to let us know when is the next party.

Hi to all,

I regret i missed last nights party, because i found out too late. I wanna know when is the next get together at Las Brisas. I cant wait.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
stallion said:
Hi to all,

I regret i missed last nights party, because i found out too late. I wanna know when is the next get together at Las Brisas. I cant wait.

Stallion always hit the "new posts" button at the top of the page so you don't miss anything.
The next get together will be when it's a heck of lot warmer. :laugh:

Yes music (Sonia) is a fantastic dancer, I was in awwww watching her dance salsa.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
Hola everybody

Angel, sorry to hear about your car troubles.

Music, thanks for getting this TO DR1 ball rolling.

I had a nice time and it was a pleasure to meet everybody.

I'm with Homer, Friday or Saturday would be much better.
I was just getting warmed up and ready to party but I had to drive home and work today.

Let's do it again soon.

Ren

Mar 2, 2004
When's the next one?

Can't believe I missed out...........but I have only myself to blame......have been trying to get out of 'dominican mode' if you will but it just keeps sucking me back in!!! ;)

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
I'm with ya Malibook... I'd love for us all to get together again soon on a FRIDAY or SATURDAY!! That would be great fun! *I didn't get to shake my thang as much as I would have liked... next time for sure! ;)

Yes my friends, I had some major car drama on my way home ... had to get CAA to tow my baby (car) home... ALSO, froze my a$$ off as I ran from where the car died to where the Tim Hortons was...Thank goodness for Timmys ;) Ok, enough about that..

It was sooo nice to meet all of you...can't wait for us all to get together again!! Music, thanks for organizing everything-can't wait to go dancing with you again (great idea about TAKING the open-toed shoes with you- I have to do that next time!)... Anna--you're fantastic--so much fun to hang out with!! ... Homer and Mrs. Homer--great to meet you both, can't wait to go out with you again! Malibook--wish we could have spent more time with you (next time)... Terry--it was great chatting with you about the D.R... Peaches--we'll get together again sooner than later girl (have a blast in the DR). And my great friend Dama Descarada--well, I'm so glad that we went...we've been MISSING the D.R sooo much lately--it felt great to be in that atmosphere! *If I missed anyone... well, I had a blast with you all... xox :)
Ok.. time to get caught up on my sleep... adios por ahora.... ZZZZZZ :tired:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Okay here I go.....

Angel_04 sorry to hear about your car. But I'm glad you came out! Yes next time bring those sandals and change into them in the club hee hee! It was great meeting you as well!!!

Homer :laugh: yes I"m a Portuguese Canadian but maybe I was Dominican in my past life somewhere ;) lol! I do love my Bachata and Merengue and Salsa. I love to dance I did tell you all that lol! It was fun meeting you again and your wife. Don't worry I'll keep you posted on all the parties ;) !

Anna it was great seeing you again I think your an awesome woman!!! Thank you for the compliment!! Yes we will have another get together we'll wait for the Spring/Summer and I'll pick a happening spot with lots of people on a Friday or Saturday night. But I must tell you all that for some reason Dominicans in Toronto always have there parties on Sundays lol maybe they don't work on Monday :laugh: !!! But I'll find a spot for us where I know they play lots of Bachata and Merengue!!!

I want to thank everyone who came out Homer and wife, Terry, Melibrook, Anna and daughter, Angel_04, Peaches, Dama Descarada hope I didn't miss anyone. Thanks for coming out on that cold night, I had a lot of fun and I am so happy to have met you all!!!

Until next time in warmer weather we will meet again in person real soon for some more fun! Oh one more thing I want to see all the pictures taken that night please.

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
Momentos

For a great a party on a Friday night youguys should try Momentos. Its in Yorkville right next to Babaloo's. It's a mix of bacchata, merengue salsa and of course reggaeton. The atmosphere is fun and the music is great, and not to mention that the Brugal is in constant flow. My friends and I have been there a couple of times and have had fun every time.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I've been to Momentos I love the music and those guys throw great parties but it's too crowded where you can't even dance so I didn't feel the place to much but the music I love besides my favourite DJ is spinning that night. But if people want we can alawys give it a try for our next get together.

Bonita Morena said:
For a great a party on a Friday night youguys should try Momentos. Its in Yorkville right next to Babaloo's. It's a mix of bacchata, merengue salsa and of course reggaeton. The atmosphere is fun and the music is great, and not to mention that the Brugal is in constant flow. My friends and I have been there a couple of times and have had fun every time.