DR1 Get Together In Toronto!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
You go it debs!! 10pm is very early for me, I only go to eat the food lol! Normally I don't go that early and I stay dancing until the lights come on and they say it's time to go lol!

debs said:
I think I can speak for Music and Gonzaga on this...

When we party, we party like we're in the DR!!!! Getting to the club at 10pm is early!!! Right, girls???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Music said:
You go it debs!! 10pm is very early for me, I only go to eat the food lol! Normally I don't go that early and I stay dancing until the lights come on and they say it's time to go lol!

BTW music, what time do they close on Sundays and what is the entrance fee?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Anna,

OKay here it is:

Sundays Nights with Brugal
Las Brisas: 24 Rivalda Rd (1 light east of Weston Road off Sheppard Ave.)
3x3: 3 Salsas, 3 Bachatas, 3 Merengues all night.
DJ: Ca?a Dulce
21+. Free Buffet. Ladies no cover all night, were in luck Anna heee!! Doors 10pm. Dress to impress.
Info: (416)740-6630
First 50 people get a complimentary Brugal drink, sounds good to me ;) !

I remember it closing at 3am, yes even on a Sunday :classic: !

Anna Coniglio said:
BTW music, what time do they close on Sundays and what is the entrance fee?

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Music said:
Anna,

OKay here it is:

Sundays Nights with Brugal
21+. Free Buffet. Ladies no cover all night, were in luck Anna heee!! Doors 10pm. Dress to impress.

I remember it closing at 3am, yes even on a Sunday :classic: !

Oh, that Brugal drink is MINE!! (heehee) lol. Sounds like it's gonna be a night with great music and dancing, tasty drinks, and wonderful friends... can't wait...;) [gotta remember to bring my camera to "capture" all the fun]. It'll be a blast!

Jackson

Sep 12, 2004
Dr1 Gettogether In Toronto

Music: What a great idea! I've always wanted to know how big the Dominican Community in Toronto is? I'm not Dominican, but I've become interested in the culture since going there last Jan. Count me in for Nov. 28 is it? Too bad they won't be serving any Presidente, or let me enjoy a La Aurora in the club LOL!!!! Would asking for some.... how do you say? SON COCHO on that buffet be to much? LOL!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing all the bella Senoritas!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Dec 19th

OKay here it is with date:

Quote from Music

Our get together is Sunday Dec 19/2004

I remember it closing at 3am, yes even on a Sunday :classic:

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
OOOhhh man!

I wish I could join you guys, one of these days. I will still be in the DR, I come home the next day.
Maybe in the new year!
Have fun all!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Yes it will be fun and it will be great to meet you all!! Just make sure you have your dancing shoes one lol!

Angel_04 said:
Oh, that Brugal drink is MINE!! (heehee) lol. Sounds like it's gonna be a night with great music and dancing, tasty drinks, and wonderful friends... can't wait...;) [gotta remember to bring my camera to "capture" all the fun]. It'll be a blast!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
*** It is on Dec 19 ***
Come join us it will be fun! Many Dominicans in Toronto I have met a lot of them! I wish there was some Presidente but I will take the Brugal for now lol!
So remember Jackson Dec 19 is the date for our party!!!

Jackson said:
Music: What a great idea! I've always wanted to know how big the Dominican Community in Toronto is? I'm not Dominican, but I've become interested in the culture since going there last Jan. Count me in for Nov. 28 is it? Too bad they won't be serving any Presidente, or let me enjoy a La Aurora in the club LOL!!!! Would asking for some.... how do you say? SON COCHO on that buffet be to much? LOL!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing all the bella Senoritas!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
A little reminder to everyone going and anyone else that would like to join us,

Only two weekends to go. woohoo. See you all there

21+. Free Buffet. Ladies no cover all night. Doors 10pm. Dress to impress.
First 50 people get a complimentary Brugal drink, sounds good to me !

Nov 5, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
A little reminder to everyone going and anyone else that would like to join us,

Only two weekends to go. woohoo. See you all there
21+. Free Buffet. Ladies no cover all night. Doors 10pm. Dress to impress.
First 50 people get a complimentary Brugal drink, sounds good to me !

Ooooh! :( I was planning on coming untill I saw that 21+ thing. I am only 20. No one can pull any strings for me??lol...

Although it is not as fun to salsa, merengue or bachata without Carlos...

I still would have liked to come...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe Music can explain what that 21+ means. The age for legal entrance in a club here in Ontario is 19. Maybe you need to be 21+ for the buffet? LOL. I don't know. I'm sure she'll let us know on Monday.

Wait me call club. BRB

Nov 5, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Maybe Music can explain what that 21+ means. The age for legal entrance in a club here in Ontario is 19. Maybe you need to be 21+ for the buffet? LOL. I don't know. I'm sure she'll let us know on Monday.

Wait me call club. BRB

I hope they will make an exception for me. I know there are quite a few 21+ clubs in Toronto. Although I haven't even been out in Toronto much..and I have lived ehre for over a year now..I jsut save all my money so I can go down to DR..(I have never been for longer then 3 months without going back to the DR)

If they say it must be 21+..maybe I can wear a little bit of a shorter skirt then usual (so the type I would usually only wear in the DR...not in Canada...lol!) Do my hair and make-up all nice..and if the guy at the door is Dominican..I will flash him....a BIG SMILE! And maybe he will overlook the fact that I am a few months to young to be in a 21+ club.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok me fix

I made a reservation for 10 in the name of DR1 group and left my name as well. He said bring your ID and if you're in our DR1 group and between 19 and 21 no problem.

If we get more people I can always change it. We'll be near the dance floor. I like to watch! ;)

Nov 5, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Ok me fix

I made a reservation for 10 in the name of DR1 group and also left my name as well. He said bring your ID and if you're in our DR1 group and between 19 and 21 no problem.

If we get more people I can always change it. We'll be near the dance floor. I like to watch! ;)
Perfect! Thank you Anna!!! It will be nice to meet you.

I am going to talk to one of my friends in the Toronto area who is also dating a Carlos from Luperon. I'm sure she would like to come. She doesn't get down to the DR as often as I do..and one of the things we both miss is the Dominican atmosphere and Dominican music.
I don't know how much the atmosphere there will compare to actually being in the DR...but I am still really looking forward to it.

So are there actually quite a few Dominicans in the Toronto area? I would like to get to know them for when Carlos eventually makes it up to Canada. It will make the transition a bit easier for him I think.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Ok me fix

I made a reservation for 10 in the name of DR1 group and left my name as well. He said bring your ID and if you're in our DR1 group and between 19 and 21 no problem.

Called back, cover for men is only $5. The guy on the phone is looking forward to meeting all of us.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Called back, cover for men is only $5. The guy on the phone is looking forward to meeting all of us.
Thanks Anna.
That is muy cheapy cheapy.

I might drop by but I will probably only stay for a few cervezas because I will be driving.
I also have to work in the morning but that is no big deal.

Salut.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Malibook said:
Thanks Anna.
That is muy cheapy cheapy.

I might drop by but I will probably only stay for a few cervezas because I will be driving.
I also have to work in the morning but that is no big deal.

Salut.

Make sure you come over and introduce yourself ok? I love meeting people from DR1 that I haven't met yet.

Last edited: