DR1 Get Together In Toronto!

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
...Wait me call club...

anna, i think, has been watching too many elmo videos with the grandson.

i will try to get there for a short time, most especially if RickToronto shows up in his mask and cape.

mob :classic:

to clarify: the short time is because of personal commitments, not because of rick's mask and cape. i'm sure it fits the "dress to impress" criteria :classic:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
OMG Mob that would be sooooo great! :) Please come, it would be fantastic to finally meet you after all these years here on DR1. Rick hasn't said no so I'm hoping the guy with the mask and cape will make an appearance. ;)

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
Las Brisas

Just saw this posting and thought I would add that Brisas has seemed to have died down. I used to go often on Sunday nights when my dominican husband came here to Canada and prior to that with friends because I missed the Dominican atmosphere. There used to even be a line up-yes even on Sunday nights if you didnt get there before 10. The free buffet is great-but of course-its dominican. Last time I went was this past July-free BBQ food instead and yes sad to say it but there were like 5 people in the club and then they all ended up going to Latin Fever (the new place were dominicans seem to be hanging out). However sounds like you have a big enough group going at thats all that really matters. The music is amazing and you'll feel like you're at La Barrica/Orion for those Puerto Plata goers!!! Generally if the regular crowd has started going up back-ladies there will be no issues-you'll be dancing all nite long!!!
Hope this helps

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Does that mean you're coming? Bring your husband too. Glad to hear the food is Dominican. It will go good with the music and drinks ;) It will be like a short visit to the DR.

Nov 5, 2004
bailarin said:
Just saw this posting and thought I would add that Brisas has seemed to have died down. I used to go often on Sunday nights when my dominican husband came here to Canada and prior to that with friends because I missed the Dominican atmosphere. There used to even be a line up-yes even on Sunday nights if you didnt get there before 10. The free buffet is great-but of course-its dominican. Last time I went was this past July-free BBQ food instead and yes sad to say it but there were like 5 people in the club and then they all ended up going to Latin Fever (the new place were dominicans seem to be hanging out). However sounds like you have a big enough group going at thats all that really matters. The music is amazing and you'll feel like you're at La Barrica/Orion for those Puerto Plata goers!!! Generally if the regular crowd has started going up back-ladies there will be no issues-you'll be dancing all nite long!!!
Hope this helps

Where is Latin Fever located?
Any other Dominican style clubs in the GTA?

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
bailarin said:
The music is amazing and you'll feel like you're at La Barrica/Orion for those Puerto Plata goers!!!

Okay so this got my attention. Maybe I will attend afterall... but I can't make a firm commitment tonight but maybe as the date draws closer?

Nov 5, 2004
Music said:
just to add to the list....

We have

Music- bringing some friends who are DR lovers lol!!
Anna - my daughter (maybe)
Gonzaga
Debs
Mr. & Mrs Homer
La barbie
Angel- 04 and her friends.
And....
peachezNcream84 (and possibly a friend)

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
PeachezNcream84 said:
*Latin Fever is located at 2220 Hwy 7 West at Keele St.

*In the GTA, there are quite a few Latin Clubs/clubs that have a "latin night". To name a few (not 100% if ALL are still around)...
-Babaluu
-Plaza Flamingo
-El Rancho
-Fregata (salsa on Thurs).
-Society Night Club (salsa on Mon.)
-Tequila Lounge (latin night-tues)
-Flamingo nightclub
-Left Bank (latin night Sundays)

p.s. Dama Descarada and I can't wait to see all of you at Las Brisas on the 19th!! ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Fiesta Mama said:
Okay so this got my attention. Maybe I will attend afterall... but I can't make a firm commitment tonight but maybe as the date draws closer?

Hope you can make it. Be nice to meet you.

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
PeachezNcream84 said:
I believe it is Hwy 7 and Keele if I remember correctly. No sad to say but I don't know of any other Domincan clubs in Toronto. I used to go to EL Rancho a lot (Fri/Sat) and would run into a lot of Dominicans there as well. But I find that they play A LOT of Salsa-located on College St/Bathurst across from Plaza Flamingo.
Another place you might want to go to is on Milvan drive and its a little Latino plaza with a Dominican barber shop, Latin Cd store, etc and in the back a little food court with different foods from various spanish speaking areas. Again another place where I felt like I was back in the DR (sorry went looking for the card with the exact address but cant find it at this exact moment!!!

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Does that mean you're coming? Bring your husband too. Glad to hear the food is Dominican. It will go good with the music and drinks ;) It will be like a short visit to the DR.
It sounds VERY tempting but hard to say. We have an eight month old boy and still no real official babysitter. It was such a chore getting someone to watch him so we could go to see Fulanito in concert a short while back. Plus we are way out here in Burlington. But maybe if I can convince the man to babysit I will try to make it. I haven't been out dancing in ages-hope I still know how!!!

Nov 5, 2004
Now that I know about this...I am getting very excited. I miss Dominican so much...I can't wait...a touch of Dominican right here in Canada! ooh boy! :D

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around a computer all weekend and I am so happy to see that more people will be coming out for the 19th!!!

About Las Brisas, I'd say it slowed down since Nov 2003 I stopped going after that. Before then the place was always packed and over capacity with huge line ups it was so much fun!! But recently they have a new promoter for Sunday nights and I went and I had a lot of fun like the old days! Plus my favourite DJ is playing and he has the best Merengue and Bachata he plays all my favourites!!! I know everyone will enjoy the music for sure!!!

The party will be fun that night because of the people who will be there!!!! And I do know I'm a lot of fun ;) !!!

Anna, thanks for calling to find out about the 21+. I'm glad it all worked out.
I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Hey Hey Hey

Who else is coming ?

There is not excuse this time guys

Forget the excuse "Is far" because you guys go for a party to DR
Forget the excuse "Work next day" Because most people does work also

The only word accepted here is "I will see you there guys"

PS: Put estress away for a night and join the drink team

hey I forgot to tell you guys something,

I'll see you there

Homer

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
Latin Fever

Latin Fever is at the corner of Keele Street and Highway 7. (hopefully you are familiar with the woodbridge/richmond hill area).

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
Can't Wait!

This is going to be great! It is always nice to meet people who share the same common interest...when I talk about the DR with my friends who haven't been, they can't relate, and don't understand why I go back so often! This should be fun...can't wait to meet everyone!

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Anna,
I will try to attend the party. I am very familiar with the Las Brisas Club, but as someone mentioned its not as busy as it used to be.
Terry.
PS I dont dance, I just drink

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Terry please come. It'll be nice to meet you as well. I don't dance that much so you drink I'll talk. ;) I'm sure it will be busy enough. Week before Christmas and everyone will be in a party mood.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
List Of Names For DR1 Toronto get together!

DR1 Toronto Get together!!!

Okay so far this is who is coming:
Music- two friends
Anna- daugher?
Simpson Homer- wife
gonzaga
debs
la barbie
Angel 04
Dama Descarada
Malibrook
Jackson
Peachezncream 84
mobrowser
Fiesta Mama? maybe
bailarin? maybe if a babysitter is available, I wish you luck hope you find one.
Terry? maybe
Well I hope those maybe people turn into a yes heee! It will be fun fun!!
Please add you name if you haven't and want to come.

I'm glad to see the list has grown and I can't wait to meet everyone!! :classic: