DR1 Get Together In Toronto!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Momentos isn't the best place for a gathering. The music is great, but there isn't much seating, it's dark, crowded (not to mention the crowd isn't the best), and the worst thing of all is the concrete dancefloor. We went there on the opening night and I felt like I was a teenager going to a basement house party ;)

Music - Was Las Brisas busy on Sunday? Are you going on Dec 26?

Anna - where are those pics?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
debs,

I agree with you on the Momentos club the floor is sement and very uneven. And it felt so dark, liek you said in a basement I didn't get that cool vibe of comfort and fun in there. Don't worry I'll pick a good spot for the next one heee you know me girl!
Brisas was not too busy but I had fun with everyone and I know a lot of people there. The new promoter is still trying to get it out there so give it some time. Remember the old days when it was crazy hee I miss those days girl!!
The 26 sounds good to me I might be going also to support the promoter! I hear the band is really good from a friend!

I was looking for you debs too bad you couldn't make it next time and plus I'll see you out in the clubs as usual ;) !

debs said:
Momentos isn't the best place for a gathering. The music is great, but there isn't much seating, it's dark, crowded (not to mention the crowd isn't the best), and the worst thing of all is the concrete dancefloor. We went there on the opening night and I felt like I was a teenager going to a basement house party ;)

Music - Was Las Brisas busy on Sunday? Are you going on Dec 26?

Anna - where are those pics?

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Music said:
The 26 sounds good to me I might be going also to support the promoter! I hear the band is really good from a friend!

Band? What band? I didn't hear about that!

Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you Thursday so you can fill me in on the details from Sunday.

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Anna Coniglio said:
The other good ones are in my camara and need to be developed. I'll do that when it's warm out ;) Anyone that took pics with a digi cam send them to me and I'll put them up on worldisround.

c209.jpg

Left to right, Homer, Mrs Homer, peaches, Anna, Dama Descarda & Angel_04

Ana dear,
where is it?

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
what the heck? Why is it that I can? Ok wait

Try this

When you click the link, it says...

The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

Please sign in and try again or check with the owner of the file.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Yay! It works!

Great pics Anna :) Really wish I could have been there...next time for sure!

Thanks for sharing!

Nov 5, 2004
Hi everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long to write anything about this.

I had a blast..it felt just like the Dominican Republic...except for the disgustingly cold weather.
Anna - you are as sweet in person as you are on here. Would have liked to talk more with you, but the volume of the music made it hard (but it wouldn't be like the DR, if the music wasn't that loud!)

Angel - Sorry I meant to give you my # too on the way home, and maybe we coulda gotten the problem with ur car dealt with faster, saved you the walking, and got you home a bit earlier!! Can't wait to go out and party with you when I am back from DR! (See if you can take my mind off of missing Carlos for a night! ;) )

Homer - thanks for the bachata...I learned it is very hard (and feels very weird) to bachata in winter boots...but I had a good time anyways.

Mrs. Homer Simpson (as everyone seems to be calling you now) - it was great to meet you, I look forward to talking to you more in the future, and hearing more of your experiences in the DR, and with coming back to Canada.

Dama Descarada - Great to meet you, hope you will come out with me and Angel again, me thinks you would be fun to chill with again! :)

Music - Amazing dancer!!!!! Do you give lessons? ;) If we all get together to go out again hope you will be there..didn't get too much of a chance to talk with you!

Malibook - MUCHO MUCHO gracais for the wedding gift. ;) Carlos told me to say "mucho gracais" to you form him as well. As with many of the others didn't get much of a chance to talk with you, mostly cuz of the music.

And I agree next time a Friday or Saturday would be much better. Warm weather and palm trees outside would be better too...:D

La_barbie..you must have been looking at the wrong crowed..we were all gathered together at around 11:30..I think most of us stayed untill about 1am? You should stopped by to say hi to us anyways! oh well..next time, right?

The food was not bad at all. Pretty close to Dominican food..but jsut didn't have the exact right "Dominican food" flavour! Close enough.

Thanks to everyone who wished me and Carlos well and I will have GRREAT time on my trip..just for y'all!! ;) I will try to bring some of the warm weather back with me too!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Anna Coniglio said:
467.jpg

Can anyone see the picture?

Admins and mods see the photo and normal users see the link to the photo.

Not sure why that is, but I'll investigate. I assume it's because admins and mods can post attachements and photos.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
trina said:
Who's the hottie in the middle? Looking beautiful, Anna - you're very photogenic!

You can see the picture???? We were trying to figure out why the mods can see it but not other members. Maybe Robert has fixed it.

Thanks Trina ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
You can see the picture???? We were trying to figure out why the mods can see it but not other members. Maybe Robert has fixed it.

Thanks Trina ;)

I just tuned into the thread, but never had a problem seeing it, from your post and Robert's. Maybe it's because I'M GOLD - lol...

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I can see it, in fact, it is up twice !!
Sounds like you all had a blast - again wishing that I lived on the other side of Ontario when these parties happen!!
Marlie

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Too bad you couldn't make it. Yes it was fun and there will be many more. I really enjoyed meeting everyone! We talked about having one this Spring/Summer with some warmer weather lol! We will have in on a Fri or Sat maybe you can try to come down to Toronto for that get together!

marliejaneca said:
I can see it, in fact, it is up twice !!
Sounds like you all had a blast - again wishing that I lived on the other side of Ontario when these parties happen!!
Marlie

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Music...

Too bad you couldn't make it. Yes it was fun and there will be many more. I really enjoyed meeting everyone! We talked about having one this Spring/Summer with some warmer weather lol! We will have in on a Fri or Sat maybe you can try to come down to Toronto for that get together!

I wish I could, but I think I would have a hard time explaining to the other half that I am travelling 1200 miles to go out and party one night at a Latin club!!LOL
Actually, it is probably cheaper for me to fly to the DR and party there than it is to fly to TO nowadays!! In case you didn't know, I live in NW Ontario, about 3.5 hours to Winnipeg, 1.5 hours from International Falls, MN !!
I appreciate the invitation tho!!
It has been 10 years since I lived in POP and 8 since I last visited, so I can imagine I would have to learn to dance to the merengue,salsa and bachata
all over again!!!
Marlie

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Well in that case i would definatly choose the DR lol!
Yes I didn't know exactly where yo lived too bad!
8 years I think you need a trip back !!

marliejaneca said:
I wish I could, but I think I would have a hard time explaining to the other half that I am travelling 1200 miles to go out and party one night at a Latin club!!LOL
Actually, it is probably cheaper for me to fly to the DR and party there than it is to fly to TO nowadays!! In case you didn't know, I live in NW Ontario, about 3.5 hours to Winnipeg, 1.5 hours from International Falls, MN !!
I appreciate the invitation tho!!
It has been 10 years since I lived in POP and 8 since I last visited, so I can imagine I would have to learn to dance to the merengue,salsa and bachata
all over again!!!
Marlie