DR1 Toronto Get Together!!

patricia

Jan 13, 2002
mmmmmmmm Dominican food, I was there 2 weeks ago and it was like being back there..... and for me it has been a long time, perhaps I will join. Will confirm closer to the date.

Debs how are you? It's been a long time. Hope things are good with you, have you spoken with Helen??

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Please count me in

I had a nice time at Las Brisas but starting kinda late (for me) on a Sunday in that deep freeze was a bit inhibiting.

8PM on a Saturday at the end of May looks much more conducive to mucho partying.
Maybe I will even make it to the dance floor this time.

I will definately be cabbing it that night.

Thanks Music and I hope to see you all there.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
We have more to add to the list:
Music
Anna
Fiesta Mama
La Barbie
Momma C
debs
Peaches n cream
Malibook
Badpiece33? tenatative

Glad to see more people coming out! It will be a fun night!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Okay - who has some air miles that they would like to donate to me so I can finally make it to a get-together!!!! LOL
Have fun guys !
Marlie

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
as long as i,m not the only youngin its ok..... and no pics of me unless im drunk (which i doubt i will be cause ill end up driving)

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Count me in!!!! I can't believe I missed this thread yesterday! I can NOT wait to see you all again, and dance the night away! ;) (I will make sure to bring Dama Descarada with me too). *And yes ANY date that you all decide on will be great-- I will make it a priority to be there! (as long as it's not a Sunday again). xox

p.s La Barbie, no worries I'm a 20something too! :)
p.p.s Peachez, maybe we can drive up together!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I may be able to make it, but can't be sure. I'll be in Toronto area either that weekend or the next. Definitely the week after that. Currently have a client in Concord and staying in Markham area. I visited the Dominican restaurant a couple of weeks ago and the food was pretty good. Was dissapointed that they had no Presidente or Barcelo...oh well...

Stopped at a bar called La Romana, less than a block away from the Dominican restaurant, thinking that it was a Dominican bar, but it turned out ot be Brazilian/argentinian crowd.

Anyhow...will try to make it.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Momma C good idea, I"m in Toronto.

La Barbie please stop worrying about your age nobody has a problem with you being there! Are you afraid you might have too much fun with us older people :eek: ;) kidding. I'm in my later 20's but trust me I know how to have a great time and that's how it will always be no matter my age ;)

And the list is:
Music, Toronto, Ont
Anna
Fiesta Mama
La Barbie
Momma C- North Bay, Ont
debs
Peaches n cream
Malibook
Badpiece33? tentative
Angel_04- no Sunday this time lol we will party and no minus weather either :laugh:
suarazen? tentative

Nov 5, 2004
I live in Mississauga, Ont.

Angel we will talk more on MSN, but a car pool would be great...then we don't have to worry about the same thing happening as last time! lol

I am deffinatly coming...even though I am still extremely dissapointed that there is no Presidente beer :(

Something needs to be done about the lack of Presidente in Canada....I think I will write a letter to the government complaining about this! :D :p :laugh: They are obviously not doing a good job taking care of their citizens when we have no Presidente to drink!!!!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I have a bottle of Presidente :eek: hee hee I bought two bottles one is gone and one to go lol :D

PeachezNcream84 said:
I live in Mississauga, Ont.

Angel we will talk more on MSN, but a car pool would be great...then we don't have to worry about the same thing happening as last time! lol

I am deffinatly coming...even though I am still extremely dissapointed that there is no Presidente beer :(

Something needs to be done about the lack of Presidente in Canada....I think I will write a letter to the government complaining about this! :D :p :laugh: They are obviously not doing a good job taking care of their citizens when we have no Presidente to drink!!!!

Nov 5, 2004
Music said:
I have a bottle of Presidente :eek: hee hee I bought two bottles one is gone and one to go lol :D

*ahem* and where is it you live again?...(directions please??)
would just like to say now...if your bottle goes missing...I swear it wasnt me :bandit: hehehe

I couldn't bring any back this time...no room....couldn't fit another small bottel of rum or a small bottel of presidente even.... :(

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
:laugh: sorry no can tell hee hee!

You must always bring Presidente back from any visit to the DR come on girl :laugh: Hey my luggage was already over weight but the nice Dominican gentlemen at the airport let me go through without saying anything ;) I thank him very much! I swear I was carrying as much as I always do but I don't know what happend on this trip?? :confused: But hey it all worked out though :)

you should of sneaked in a bottle even a small one hee hee
PeachezNcream84 said:
*ahem* and where is it you live again?...(directions please??)
would just like to say now...if your bottle goes missing...I swear it wasnt me :bandit: hehehe

I couldn't bring any back this time...no room....couldn't fit another small bottel of rum or a small bottel of presidente even.... :(

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe we can get suarezn to bring some from the states. ;)

How about it suarezn do they sell presidente in your state? :)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Good idea Anna you mean more Presidente :eek: Yippy !
That would make Peachs n cream's day! :classic:

Anna Coniglio said:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:

I forgot that I'll be in New York the weekend before! Maybe I'll bring some back from there for our get together! Although my friend in NY says it does not taste the same. Just like the Brugal we have in Toronto...not the same taste at all!

Nov 5, 2004
Music said:
:laugh: sorry no can tell hee hee!

You must always bring Presidente back from any visit to the DR come on girl :laugh: Hey my luggage was already over weight but the nice Dominican gentlemen at the airport let me go through without saying anything ;) I thank him very much! I swear I was carrying as much as I always do but I don't know what happend on this trip?? :confused: But hey it all worked out though :)

you should of sneaked in a bottle even a small one hee hee

Hahaha...my luggage was wayyy more then overweight...it was obese!! :p
And I had already left behind a bunch of my clothes and shoes in my room down there.I couldn't even lift it...thank goodness it had wheels.

Trust me if there was ANY room for even a small bottle of Presidente it would have been in there!! I had to leave behind a bunch of thoes mini bottels of Brugal that I kept winning.lol...

I am already getting excited for the get togther...plus..the closer to the get together...the closer untill I go back to the DR :D:D If everything goes according to plan I will be going back a few weeks after.

I will have to meet up with some of the DR1 members in the DR eventually!!

Anyways...is there anyone else in the Mississauga area that wants to carpool?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
debs said:
I forgot that I'll be in New York the weekend before! Maybe I'll bring some back from there for our get together! Although my friend in NY says it does not taste the same. Just like the Brugal we have in Toronto...not the same taste at all!
I think the Presidente doesn't taste the same because of the surroundings, not the beer. At one time there was less alcohol in the US version, but now it's the same. I keep meaning to do a blind taste test, but when each time I bring some back from the DR, it's gone as soon as I turn around.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:

Unfortunately no Presidente in Michigan.