DR1ers and their Social Class

What socio-economic class do you belong to in the society you live?

• Upper Class

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Upper Middle Class

Votes: 50 56.8%
  • Lower Middle Class

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Working Class

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Lower Class

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Bushbaby, you could live here another 20 yrs and you will still not get it. Now I know why some people feel so comfortable in north coast. that is exactly where you all belong.
Now don't you all worry about me, I do just fine here, I am not the one who is looked down upon. remember, I am not a white expat.
AZB

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hey this is written by a relatively newbie. Don't pay attention to this, he or she has low status here!!!
According to the gospel of NALs: post Number 26 verse 15

imho a very well thought out and written post;)
A newbie?

A membership of 3 plus years and you still consider him a newbie?

You must be desperate! :cheeky:

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Bushbaby, you could live here another 20 yrs and you will still not get it. Now I know why some people feel so comfortable in north coast. that is exactly where you all belong.
Now don't you all worry about me, I do just fine here, I am not the one who is looked down upon. remember, I am not a white expat.
AZB
AZB,

Just remember that the people who are getting the end of the stick do one of two things:

1. They attempt to adjust their behavior and not get the end of the stick.

2. They complain, moan, and groan thinking that will change anything.

But, who can blame them? Getting the end of the stick... well it must be rough! :cheeky:

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think NALs has given up on us here which is a pity as it started off as such an interesting thread! Social class & Breeding is very important to Dominicans! ~Grahame.
I have not given up on this thread, because I achieved my goal as the sole person responsible for posting polls on this site. Such person will have one goal in the polls forum.

However, I will put some value to your words and respect them. Afterall, you did said the following in post #37:

Bushbaby said:
I am now going to exercise MY power by going back to ignoring the polls section! ~ Grahame.

Hmmm... you said that on post #37, but then I noticed something weird.

Bushbaby pops up again in post #56, #64, #68, #71, #75, and #77!

Interesting he actually believes that I didn't answered his original post #37, despite the fact that all the responses afterwards which I made effectively answered the people I was quoting and Bushbaby at once!

Bushbaby, what was it about this poll which you were so repelled according to post #37 that made you peak afterwards, to the point that you succumb to temptation by responding six additional times when you were supposedly done!

Sheesh, DR1ers are so confusing at times! :cheeky:

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
bdaric said:
I think of itelligence as someones potential.
That's nice bdaric.

Under such assumption, a real doctor and a spiritual healer are on the same level. They both had potential to serve humanity.

The problem is that the real doctor prescribes you a medicine when you are sick and suddenly you feel better.

A spiritual healer tells you to jump up and down and drink three shots of chicken blood and suddenly you still feel sick, later on you continue to feel sick, and if the disease is life threatning you will end up dead when a real doctor could probably had saved your life.

Ok bdaric, potential equals intelligence according to you, but to me intelligence is manifested in doing, not merely in wishing.

Thus, to me, potential is simply that, potential. Intelligent are those who take advantage of their potential and actually do something with it.

bdaric said:
So instead of putting oneself on a pillar above others and looking down on those less fortunate, be a little more forgiving for peoples faults. They may not be as bad or evil as you think.......
It's not a matter of being perceived as bad or evil or of not forgiving people for their faults.

It's a matter of recognizing different roles different people have in the overall running of society in general.

We are all made of flesh, muscle, and bone. We all have the same basic needs and the same basic desires in life.

But, that is only part of the story because, like the old saying goes, every mind is its own world.

Every person has his/her own personality, accumulated knowledge, style of being and that is what makes each person unique and different from all the rest.

Some people recognize those differences and celebrate them while others like to hide behind false pretences that just because we are all made of the same material, somehow we are all the same when in fact we are not.

If you need a hand, I'll offer mine. But please, don't think that you and I see the world in the same manner, because the truth is that we don't!

If we did, there would be no need for democracy, no need for individual rights, no need for anything that attempts to ensure balance between what essentially are different types of people!

-NALs

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
excellent post Nals. You know why some expats don't agree with you? Because your sin is that you are a dominican. They can't stand a dominican who is so far ahead of their simple minds.
AZB

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
excellent post Nals. You know why some expats don't agree with you? Because your sin is that you are a dominican. They can't stand a dominican who is so far ahead of their simple minds.
AZB

For those posters who are unfamiliar with AZB (Aftab), and are probably wondering about his obsessive preocupation with social class, it is helpful to note that Aftab is originally from Pakistan, where a strict caste division of society still exists.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
A newbie?

A membership of 3 plus years and you still consider him a newbie?

You must be desperate! :cheeky:

-NALs

Desperate for what? To reach a new status...haha. When you get down to it what really matters is the content of what was written on that post. Food for thought.;)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
That's nice bdaric.

Under such assumption, a real doctor and a spiritual healer are on the same level. They both had potential to serve humanity.

The problem is that the real doctor prescribes you a medicine when you are sick and suddenly you feel better.

A spiritual healer tells you to jump up and down and drink three shots of chicken blood and suddenly you still feel sick, later on you continue to feel sick, and if the disease is life threatning you will end up dead when a real doctor could probably had saved your life.

Ok bdaric, potential equals intelligence according to you, but to me intelligence is manifested in doing, not merely in wishing.

Thus, to me, potential is simply that, potential. Intelligent are those who take advantage of their potential and actually do something with it.

It's not a matter of being perceived as bad or evil or of not forgiving people for their faults.

It's a matter of recognizing different roles different people have in the overall running of society in general.

We are all made of flesh, muscle, and bone. We all have the same basic needs and the same basic desires in life.

But, that is only part of the story because, like the old saying goes, every mind is its own world.

Every person has his/her own personality, accumulated knowledge, style of being and that is what makes each person unique and different from all the rest.

Some people recognize those differences and celebrate them while others like to hide behind false pretences that just because we are all made of the same material, somehow we are all the same when in fact we are not.

If you need a hand, I'll offer mine. But please, don't think that you and I see the world in the same manner, because the truth is that we don't!

If we did, there would be no need for democracy, no need for individual rights, no need for anything that attempts to ensure balance between what essentially are different types of people!

-NALs

I agree!!!!!.... I am so happy you and I are different...thank goodness.:laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just When I Think That No One Still Uses "LSD", along comes Nals

With his totally incoherant posts,and then AZB agrees with "Whatever" it is that he is trying to say!
Kind of like the "Blind" agreeing with the "Deaf and Dumb"!

I looked up "Pseudointellectual" in my "Funk & Wagnel's" and there was a Picture of AZB giving Nals A Bl0WJOB! :cheeky:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The ONLY sexual activity eitherone has had since "69"!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have not given up on this thread, because I achieved my goal as the sole person responsible for posting polls on this site. Such person will have one goal in the polls forum.

However, I will put some value to your words and respect them. Afterall, you did said the following in post #37:

Hmmm... you said that on post #37, but then I noticed something weird.

Bushbaby pops up again in post #56, #64, #68, #71, #75, and #77!

Bushbaby, what was it about this poll which you were so repelled according to post #37 that made you peak afterwards, to the point that you succumb to temptation by responding six additional times when you were supposedly done!
Don't you READ Dear Boy?? I was trying to get it back on topic at first - then it became a joust with The Bone Cruncher from Santiago who seems to have an attitude with the North Coasters. By the way, I haven't "Peaked" yet, I still have a LOT to offer in life!!

Interesting he actually believes that I didn't answered his original post #37, despite the fact that all the responses afterwards which I made effectively answered the people I was quoting and Bushbaby at once!
Someone left their reading glasses on the desk in my study NALs - would you like them?? It was not ME that made such a suggestion even though I do believe there may be one or two observations in my post that you did not reflect on - hence the post you put above. Just to prove the point, check out post #53 & then read all MY posts again!! Seeeee?? NO comment by me!

Obviously Lambada's comment hit home in other areas :cheeky: ;) :cheeky: BTW. My thanks to Aftab for letting me know that NALs is Dominican - my memory is obviously getting worse as I had not given that any consideration until he mentioned it. Probably a bit like "you could live here another 20 years & STILL not get it" - all comments he makes in that manner (see MANY other posts which end his arguments like that) indicate that he has run out of logic & has to revert to 'nobody else being able to see life the AZB, way is obviously in error!

May I wish you both the very best in your future life on this board supporting each other. [:cool::confused:] !! ~ Grahame.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
With his totally incoherant posts,and then AZB agrees with "Whatever" it is that he is trying to say!
Kind of like the "Blind" agreeing with the "Deaf and Dumb"!

I looked up "Pseudointellectual" in my "Funk & Wagnel's" and there was a Picture of AZB giving Nals A Bl0WJOB! :cheeky:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The ONLY sexual activity eitherone has had since "69"!

Can't hide the ghetto in you or can you? No wonder you are where you belong. Living and breeding with the dirt class of this island. I couldn't expect anything else from you.
AZB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Real class isn't where you live. It's what is inside you. If you have any doubts check out Dame Jane Goodall, the renowned primatologist. For sure a lady with class. And where did she live? Among chimpanzees in Gombe National Park.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Its all very simple, don't have to read anything from a lady who lives with monkeys. i bet it doesn't really take much to impress a money, all you need is a banana. Isn't this what the sankies offer the fat white tourists in the north coast? Hahahaha, me make a joke.
Anyway, It seems you all get bent out of shape when I talk about the dirt class versus the educated decent people from bigger cities of this island. So why some people get offended? I mean if you have nothing to do with the dirt class of this island, why even bother to respond? I can imagine if someone is actually married to a chopa from a barrio, he may have the need to arise and insultme but what is puzzling me is why the other person is attacking me? Hahahahaha.
back to topic:
I am actually talking about the bottom line here: Nals question was about What socio-economic class do you belong to in the society you live?.
My point is that you folks don't have a good criteria to compare with when the dominicans who most DR1ers associate with are mostly of dirt class of this island. So naturally you will feel higher than the rest. Now I know Lamdaba you live in a nice area and you often have a good grasp on your surrounding. You are an active woman in your society and I have seen this with my own eyes. I am not targeting you or Grahame in particular but it seems grahame seems to get upset when I say anything negative about north coast. A man of his caliber always seem to come down from his high horse and begin to talk like the expats I am talking about: example: how he calls me a bone crusher, attacking my profession when he has nothing else to say intellectually to back his argument in favor of the north coast culture. I have had a few hooker chaser in the past who had attacked my profession and my racial background and now I see Grahame doesn't seem to stay far behind. I guess we are all products of our environment and culture.
Notice, the only people who are offended by my posts are the ones who seem to have something to defend, CC, Grahame etc. I don't know much about grahame's habbits but we all know where CC is coming from. Did I expect any less from him? No, I know his type of men who seem to worship sosua and the pleasures the town has to offer.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can't hide the ghetto in you or can you? No wonder you are where you belong. Living and breeding with the dirt class of this island. I couldn't expect anything else from you.
AZB

That is pretty low even for you.:tired: What ccc writes most of the time is all a joke but to insult one's wife and family isn't forgiveable.:surprised

Come on Aftab show some class eh.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nals your correct, being King has it's advantages, like lopping off peoples heads.

AZB, go and get my slippers and axe... NOW!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.