Drivers License Renewal Record

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Anyone know how early you can renew it. My wife's renewal is in May and mine in December. Want to renew them both at the same time, in May.

The impuesto from ban reservas says something along the line of " menos de uno año ", so guessing anywhere less than a year. Just guessing though.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Anyone know how early you can renew it. My wife's renewal is in May and mine in December. Want to renew them both at the same time, in May.

Would be nice to know, as i renewed today, but the validity date is on my birthday. So its good for 4 years and a couple of weeks.
So we could basically get 4 years + how many months before we can renew.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I renewed last time about 3 months before my birthday when it expires. No one said anything. I would guess that they don't care when you renew it. They never refuse money here anyway.

stretch

Aug 25, 2005
I need to renew my driver’s license as well. Does anyone know where I can find a list of towns that have the DMV in them? Does anyone know if Samaná is one if the cities? How would I look this up online?

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Nagua is one of the cities,- don't know about Samana. My neighbor renewed in Nagua 2 weeks ago,- they will take a credit card at the agency but no cash. If you don't want to use a CC you would have to visit Banc reserves first to pay.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nagua is one of the cities,- don't know about Samana. My neighbor renewed in Nagua 2 weeks ago,- they will take a credit card at the agency but no cash. If you don't want to use a CC you would have to visit Banc reserves first to pay.

Being able to pay at the Motor License bureau with a card is something new. Have you renewed your license this way without going to BReservas?

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
SKY: I renewed 2 years ago,- and there was no choice,-go to Banc Reservas first to pay. But last week my neighbor was renewing in Nagua and they told her she could pay there with a CC. She doesn't have one so she had to go and line up at the bank.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I renewed last time about 3 months before my birthday when it expires. No one said anything. I would guess that they don't care when you renew it. They never refuse money here anyway.

I renewed about 6 months before expiration with no issues. I did so because my residency, which I started in 2002 and first received in 2003, was being screwed with by Migracion and had I waited a bit longer, I might have missed out for a year on having any license at all. Early renewal is not a problem for a driver's license.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Early renewal is also not a problem for DR passports. I have done that a few times.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
So basically instead of 4 years DL, we could get 4 and a half year valid DL ( as windeguy did it 6 months ahead of expiration coupled with the fact that the validity date is on your birthday ).
We need some1 to take a bullet for the group and try and renew 1 year before expiration, so perhaps we could have a 5 year DL.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So basically instead of 4 years DL, we could get 4 and a half year valid DL ( as windeguy did it 6 months ahead of expiration coupled with the fact that the validity date is on your birthday ).
We need some1 to take a bullet for the group and try and renew 1 year before expiration, so perhaps we could have a 5 year DL.

But what are actually gaining? Your license that you turned in had one more year left on it that you are giving up. Either way you have 2 licenses for a total of 8 years.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
But what are actually gaining? Your license that you turned in had one more year left on it that you are giving up. Either way you have 2 licenses for a total of 8 years.

There is no real gain. Just an option in case of need ( like if one is not coming back to the dr for a couple of years......avoids the surcharge/fine ).

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If one doesn't enter the DR over a two year period, then problem could switch from a driver's license renewal issue to an issue with one's residency.

Ain't databases great?