Dynatrap mosquito traps. Do they work?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks AE. After over 2 years of drought, our mosquito population went down. This year with more then needed rain that has continued into the dryer months (making them wet) the population appears to be returning. You might not wish to sell it until you see/feel during your next visit. I know that certain plants can help keep them away and maybe I'll try that this year. The citronella candles are nice but using a dozen or so every evening gets old and expensive.

I was really counting on your Mosquito Magnet review AE. I've read 6 pages for the Mosquito Magnet MM4200 Patriot Plus Mosquito Trap on Amazon and they are so mixed that no real conclusion can be made. It is normal that some reviews are by the Company or paid for while others are from competitors. I was counting on YOU! lol

But since you bought one; can you tell us what was your deciding factor?

Thanks.

We bought it, and a fogger, after a bad year. Used the fogger often. 

We sometimes use citronella candles, but the citronella incense works much better and cheaper too. I bought it on eBay. 

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
most insects cant stand mint. if you boil mint leaves in water, and reduce the liquid to a nice, thick consistency, you can spray it in corners of rooms, and nary a pest will enter. it also makes the rooms smell nice, but not to roaches, mosquitos, and other critters.

Yes, we use mint spray on the balcony and corners of rooms, door frames and it seems to hold them at bay. We also have a number of other herbs that are supposed to be a natural repellent against mosquitoes. Mint,lemongrass, marigolds, and Rosemary. I brought some lavender seed from Canada to grow as it is supposed to be effective as well. Lemon Balm grows here as well.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, we use mint spray on the balcony and corners of rooms, door frames and it seems to hold them at bay. We also have a number of other herbs that are supposed to be a natural repellent against mosquitoes. Mint,lemongrass, marigolds, and Rosemary. I brought some lavender seed from Canada to grow as it is supposed to be effective as well. Lemon Balm grows here as well.

i was told, a while back, that roaches and other nuisances like them are repelled by the scent of mint. i know people who say it certainly works. now if only someone can tell me what repels centipedes, because they give me the willies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The problem is the one survivor with dengue, chikengunya or zita. Newer mosquito repellant works great, not expensive, not greasy, smells ok. I like the peace of mind. Ever asked a dengue victim how sick they were. That's how I got mosquito phobic in this country. Would not wish dengue on the worst ultra right wing fanatic. It's that bad.