E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It will not only be true for those that fly close to the sky, but also for those that arrive through the sea or through official checkpoints along the land border.
September 1 is around the corner. Let's see who eats the crow Wednesday. You want ketchup or mustard on yours....................

Reactions: Riva_31

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Getting back to business....

My wife filled out the form Tuesday.... she saw a new question regarding visa type-
They ask what visa you have ... and cite 2 types - VV-something ( I assume V V is visitor visa)
She is a resident and didn't fill it out.... hence no form, no boarding pass (JetBlue-JFK)

At the airport , she straightened it out at the special services desk and got her boarding pass

Has anybody else encountered this ?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

My wife filled out the form Tuesday.... she saw a new question regarding visa type-
They ask what visa you have ... and cite 2 types - VV-something ( I assume V V is visitor visa)
She is a resident and didn't fill it out.... hence no form, no boarding pass (JetBlue-JFK)

At the airport , she straightened it out at the special services desk and got her boarding pass

WW do you think this is related in some way to (she is Canadian?) citizenship ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

WW do you think this is related in some way to (she is Canadian?) citizenship ?
No-- I filled it out a week earlier and saw no such question

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
September 1 is around the corner. Let's see who eats the crow Wednesday. You want ketchup or mustard on yours....................
Give it time. As you and I know dates in the DR are always relative. Is it a hard date this time? That is not up to me.

Your crow can wait, but let us see if it has to.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As a practical point -

Imagine the printing and handling costs for 6-7million passengers a year arriving/departing
Millions of pieces of paper to print/distribute/handle/register/analyze.....

12-14million in fact (arrival-exit) - that's sets.... multiply by 3 or 4 pieces / passenger

None if/when they go digital

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Seem like they need a new question like:

Are you a legal resident or citizen of the DR, eh?

Simple to do to upgrade an E Form and not well thought out if not already there.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

More details....

It was JetBlue who asked for a visa..... and refused the boarding pass
She filled out the e-ticket.....successfully

But the airline wanted a visa before issuing the on-line boarding pass.
Showing her residency card at the airport in person solved the problem

She gave me more details this AM....

Seems to be a JetBlue issue
I had no issue with United last week

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Since this was a JetBlue requirement....
I wonder if the Gov't's notice to airlines is slipping into gear ???

We'll see....
All passengers need proof of the e-ticket

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I was told by the airline (Tui) that unless I had an E-ticket we would be denied boarding at Brussel airport.

So not denied because I had an e-ticket but told I would be denied if I didn't have one.
I got an Email a few weeks ago from Jetblue in Florida as I was flying to the DR in a few days. URGENT fill this out. E Ticket. I passed on purpose. And returned to the DR with NO E Ticket and got there the same as all the other people on the plane. And most were filling out forms at the customs area. So what the airlines tells you means ZERO.

Anyway, Wednesday we will put this to rest one way or another. Cannot wait.........................

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I got an Email a few weeks ago from Jetblue in Florida as I was flying to the DR in a few days. URGENT fill this out. E Ticket. I passed on purpose. And returned to the DR with NO E Ticket and got there the same as all the other people on the plane. And most were filling out forms at the customs area. So what the airlines tells you means ZERO.

Anyway, Wednesday we will put this to rest one way or another. Cannot wait.........................
"A few weeks ago" might as well be a lifetime as far as all of this ballyhoo about E Tickets is concerned.

It will be interesting to see what happens on Wednesday. I'm guessing the end of paper docs is still a month or two down the road.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My wife's flight was more recent SKY -- Aug 25th

by then, the airlines had been notified by RD that the e-ticket is req'd

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My wife's flight was more recent SKY -- Aug 25th

by then, the airlines had been notified by RD that the e-ticket is req'd
I'm flying next Saturday...I hope (It's hurricane season). I will have an e tic but will observe and question what the real deal is on boarding without an e-tic.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My wife was declined - online boarding pass.... special services cleared her
after proof of e-ticket

I uploaded mine.... smooth sailing.... having been refused previously...(United)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
ContentEsteemedDuck-max-1mb.gif

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Flying AirEuropa tomorrow brom Barcelona to SDQ and receive this message:

Trying to check-in and I receive this message:

"No podemos realizar su facturación.​

No hemos podido proceder con el check-in . Diríjase directamente al mostrador del aeropuerto o inténtelo de nuevo más tarde."

Never happened before. And yeah what is going on with the E-ticket? Can I do it without the check-in? I have permanent residency in DR.

Any info appreciated.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Flying AirEuropa tomorrow brom Barcelona to SDQ and receive this message:

Trying to check-in and I receive this message:

"No podemos realizar su facturación.​

No hemos podido proceder con el check-in . Diríjase directamente al mostrador del aeropuerto o inténtelo de nuevo más tarde."

Never happened before. And yeah what is going on with the E-ticket? Can I do it without the check-in? I have permanent residency in DR.

Any info appreciated.
Just check in at the airport. You need to go to the counter to check your bags anyway.