E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
LoboTropical - the return ticket has been a "must" for many years. But, many airlines ignored it.
What airline asked? I am guessing JetBlue?

American seems to still ignore the requirement.

Is it in fact a DR requirement?

NEVER have seen a DR official caring about it, but I do not know what gob.do DR regulation is.
Just that in many years of travel, DR migration has never questioned or cared.

Many airlines impose their own rules.

This is from gob.do website.
The receiving country should be the only determining factor for ingress, not foreign airlines or governments.

"No, the airline does not need or ask for the QR code. When the person goes through Migration, Migration with the passport number verifies that the person filled out the form. That is why it is very important to fill out the passport number properly, and make sure you finish the entire filling process until you receive the QR code."

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
LoboTropical - the return ticket has been a "must" for many years. But, many airlines ignored it.
What airline asked? I am guessing JetBlue?

American seems to still ignore the requirement.

About 6-8 weeks ago a friend flew with WS to PUJ no residency and one way ticket, no problem in Can or DR.
Anyway, we have no power and have to jump through all hoops presented by airlines or governments, otherwise NO PLAY.
The world is in a mess with covid 19 and no hope on the horizon.

Best option is the DR and just stay, life seems just about normal here with a joy of life seen in few other places.
Of course nothing is perfect never will be, but the DR is turning out to be one of the best options.... at lest for me.
Regardless, wife house and family are already here, as the life afuera was not that desirable for her after 4.5 years, just for diversion.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is it in fact a DR requirement?

Yes, the DR government has required airlines for YEARS to make people that are not legal residents show a return ticket.
NEVER have seen a DR official caring about it, but I do not know what gob.do DR regulation is.
Just that in many years of travel, DR migration has never questioned or cared.

Many airlines impose their own rules.

Many airlines have ignored the requirement by the DR government and they face high fines for not enforcing it. The E-Ticket just makes tracking easier than before. Making up their own rules could be costly for them.
This is from gob.do website.
The receiving country should be the only determining factor for ingress, not foreign airlines or governments.

"No, the airline does not need or ask for the QR code. When the person goes through Migration, Migration with the passport number verifies that the person filled out the form. That is why it is very important to fill out the passport number properly, and make sure you finish the entire filling process until you receive the QR code."

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I'm not sure if there is an issue with the E-ticket or if it's correct. I'm leaving DR tomorrow, so I just filled it out, but it only let me fill out the migratory information, when I pressed the next button it asked me if someone had helped me to fill it out and then if the information was truthful, and then it created the QR code. So it didn't let me fill out the customs and public health information, is that only for when coming to DR? I thought it was for both leaving and arriving..

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, the DR government has required airlines for YEARS to make people that are not legal residents show a return ticket.

Many airlines have ignored the requirement by the DR government and they face high fines for not enforcing it. The E-Ticket just makes tracking easier than before. Making up their own rules could be costly for them.

Good to know.
Book just before departure, cancel ticket on arrival within 24 hrs.
Book the cheapest onward travel change later if one wants options of flexible dates.

E ticket OK, menu just a little funky in some parts of operation, I used the Spanish one.
Of course some other countries have been paperless for years, great system.
Some intelligent countries check luggage through to final destination, clear immigration and customs at final destination.

Not like the idiocy in CAN and US where all is cleared at first destination, check out get luggage put on belt for connecting flight.
Out of the secure area in general airport, check in again through security screening line up.
What idiocy.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm not sure if there is an issue with the E-ticket or if it's correct. I'm leaving DR tomorrow, so I just filled it out, but it only let me fill out the migratory information, when I pressed the next button it asked me if someone had helped me to fill it out and then if the information was truthful, and then it created the QR code. So it didn't let me fill out the customs and public health information, is that only for when coming to DR? I thought it was for both leaving and arriving..
Only on entry.... health , etc

Shorter form to leave

Reactions: Kricke87