E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Supposedly, when they scan your passport in SDQ, they see that you did the e-ticket.
Every time you pass through immigration they scan your passport. They might also take your fingerprint. Plus rest assure, you are being recorded whether you are aware or not. There is no way around that.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Supposedly, when they scan your passport in SDQ, they see that you did the e-ticket.

No 'supposedly' about it !!

You won't get in w/o an entry form..... E-ticket or otherwise!!

I asked on my POP exit - yes sir/ma'am.... it is in the computer system
No questions needed....

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Since when are there two e-tickets? You need one to come here and another one to leave, but it's the same new program.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
What about being here for years without leaving. Do we need it when flying out to Germany, me and my family (German/Dominican)?

Do residents and Dominican citizens need to fill it too? Could not find any clear information if it applies to tourists only or everybody?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What about being here for years without leaving. Do we need it when flying out to Germany, me and my family (German/Dominican)?

Do residents and Dominican citizens need to fill it too? Could not find any clear information if it applies to tourists only or everybody?
I would like that answered as well.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The purpose of the E-Ticket is to replace the paper forms. They want a computerized data base of passenger info. Residents and DR citizens always had to fill out paper forms coming to, or leaving, the DR. The website says it's "obligatorio para cada pasajero". Just a wild guess, but I'd say it applies to every body.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
I left Los Angeles airport Saturday night, the 15th and could not begin to register at the American Airline desk without a previously filled out entry form which I had in the cell phone. It seemed more important than my ticket and needed to be presented with my US passport. On the flight from Miami to Puerto Plata, I was presented with 5 different forms, one specifically for residents. The flight crew did not seem aware of the QR forms though I showed them from my cell phone. At immigration, in the DR citizen and resident line, there was no mention or request for this document on the phone. However at the final point of airport departure, close to walking out the door, there was a woman, not a security police person but more of an airline employee person who requested this form after checking through customs and not having even asked me for the customs declaration which I was holding. Again, at that moment after all night and sitting in the Miami airport and flying from there to the DR, I was glad I had it. I imagine it is not a universal requirement as I noticed not everyone was being asked and I would imagine that most passengers did not have it. ( None of the 5 or so forms I had filled out were requested at POP.)
Considering the above, I would have it filled out before hand. Interestingly at POP, leaving for the Miami flight a month earlier, no one requested any forms other than my negative covid test which I needed to present prior to even getting to the ticket agent or the Kiosk area in the airport. In the US, at immigration in Miami, I was never asked for this form nor, strangely, I was not asked to see my passport or even to have it stamped, though I did enter through the Mobile Passport line. Better to be prepared, makes the flight more pleasant.

Good Travels.

P.S. LAX was not busy at all, coming in or leaving but Miami airport was as usual, a full house.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I 'll try and clear some of this up, left yesterday (pop) and Evelyn meet me upstairs and she explained it to me. You should (but she is frustrated that the airlines don't have the correct information and people land without a clue and pop still accepts that blue form) do the e-ticket both ways. Have a copy on your phone. When you leave its already in your passport file (so no need to show) and when you arrive also. BUT through customs (for arrivals) they still need to scan it since they don't have your passport file. Got that, jijijji

If you arrive at pop, ask for Evelyn in customs if you have any problem, she is there to help (and different airports could be different :(.) Welcome to the DR

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Agreed. Immigrationson both sides know everything they NEED to know which is contained in your passport.
Airlines sell tickets. They are in trouble and are trying to bounce off the ropes.I doubt seriously any management will suggest at a board meeting "Hey, let's kick customers off the flights to the DR if they don't have that scanner thingy." Now now...maybe in the future of kick the can down the road.

So if I (a non-US passport holder) try to board a plane to the US without an appropriate ESTA, do you think they would let me? Or if you tried to board a flight from the US to Europe do you think they would allow you to without the appropriate visa? Do you think that check-in staff follow the rules exactly for some countries and for the DR they think "ah it's ok ignore the rules"?

Reactions: AlaPlaya

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Very few flights arrive into POP. So what happens in POP should not be taken as the general case. I believe they are far stricter about requiring this in SDQ.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You need the ESTA....

My daughter's boyfriend, leaving SDQ, had to renew on his phone to get his boarding pass

UK citizen flying to LHR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Very few flights arrive into POP. So what happens in POP should not be taken as the general case. I believe they are far stricter about requiring this in SDQ.
"Far stricter in SDQ"...for the life of me I don't know where you are getting this information. Maybe, I have a special touch. As I said previously, I travel back and forth EACH AND EVERY MONTH OF THE YEAR SDQ/JFK and I never have had a problem with the issue of wether I had paper form, e form or any other kind of form that perhaps I don't know about. (I have had E- form 2 out of 8 times in the past.) BTW I don't know what else I can add to this subject at the current time. Next week I will be doing it again and will give this forum an update.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
So if I (a non-US passport holder) try to board a plane to the US without an appropriate ESTA, do you think they would let me? Or if you tried to board a flight from the US to Europe do you think they would allow you to without the appropriate visa? Do you think that check-in staff follow the rules exactly for some countries and for the DR they think "ah it's ok ignore the rules"?
I know zero about ESTA other than the DR is not a member country. My comments were based on USA/DR travel with DR E -form. Perhaps your query can be answered by a person with more experience with these issue.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know zero about ESTA other than the DR is not a member country. My comments were based on USA/DR travel with DR E -form. Perhaps your query can be answered by a person with more experience with these issue.

US citizens or those with valid visas to the US apparently have no need for the ESTA to fly from the DR to the US. I certainly never heard of it until it was mentioned in this thread. If is for those from visa waiver countries and the DR is not one of those so it really does not apply to discussions here unless I missed some details.

Reactions: johne