E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Friends arrived yesterday (SDQ) flying through Atlanta on Delta, I told them they had to fill out the online Immigration E ticket to enter the country. On board prior to landing they were asked to fill out the paper versions (1 for each family member). My friend said they had the Electronic versions but the airline crew insisted they fill out the paper ones.. At immigration the officials had no interest in seeing the QR Code version - Just the paper ones.

Perhaps the system was down ? - We will never know...
But what made you say "they HAD to fill out..." Electronic is not mandatory . At this time it is an option. Most agents I have spoken to on board say "We have nothing to do with that". Plain and simple.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
But what made you say "they HAD to fill out..." Electronic is not mandatory . At this time it is an option. Most agents I have spoken to on board say "We have nothing to do with that". Plain and simple.
When this Eticket idea was first introduced they (the Gov) said it would be mandatory for arrival in March, that deadline got moved to April and then I was told, May 1st it would be mandatory - Just wanted my friends to have an easy entry.. I believe one day it will become mandatory

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
When this Eticket idea was first introduced they (the Gov) said it would be mandatory for arrival in March, that deadline got moved to April and then I was told, May 1st it would be mandatory - Just wanted my friends to have an easy entry.. I believe one day it will become mandatory
Understood. Trying to stay prepared but turns out gub is not prepared :(

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I just received this from AA (returning next week). They have a form now that links to the eticket as a requirement. end of story, you must fill it out.

"
Description
Travelers are required to fill out an electronic entry form before arrival, which combines the Traveler’s Health Affidavit, Customs Declaration, and International Embarkation/Disembarkation forms. Once completed, it will provide a QR code that will be scanned by the authorities on arrival. The form can be filled out at any moment but it is recommended to fill it out within 72 hours before their trip.?"

Reactions: cavok and ALLOR925

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I just received this from AA (returning next week). They have a form now that links to the eticket as a requirement. end of story, you must fill it out.

"
Description
Travelers are required to fill out an electronic entry form before arrival, which combines the Traveler’s Health Affidavit, Customs Declaration, and International Embarkation/Disembarkation forms. Once completed, it will provide a QR code that will be scanned by the authorities on arrival. The form can be filled out at any moment but it is recommended to fill it out within 72 hours before their trip.?"

And cue Johne saying that you don't have to fill it in. Yawn.

I'm not understanding what's so difficult about this? I understand it's a new system, I understand the Dominicans are struggling with the operational aspects of the site, but it will be an absolute requirement instead of the paper forms that will be enforced one day. It allows them to track individuals, gather customs, health information all in one place and can you imagine all the trash forms they won't have to collect? Again, we flew into PUJ, AA did not make me fill out a form when I showed them my QR code, and after stamping my passport, and showing the agents my QR form, they just waved me through. I'm assuming they were not operational in the scanning of those codes yet, but I'm sure one fine day in the future they will be. All that being said, it seems to me every airport is different and maybe not all on the same page, I would just go with the flow and do what I'm told and let the rest fall into the oh well bucket. After all, it is the Republica Dominicana and if you're not used to the system, you never will be. Back to Island Time and a nice cold El Presidente! Cheers and Saludo!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'm not understanding what's so difficult about this? I understand it's a new system, I understand the Dominicans are struggling with the operational aspects of the site, but it will be an absolute requirement instead of the paper forms that will be enforced one day. It allows them to track individuals, gather customs, health information all in one place and can you imagine all the trash forms they won't have to collect? Again, we flew into PUJ, AA did not make me fill out a form when I showed them my QR code, and after stamping my passport, and showing the agents my QR form, they just waved me through. I'm assuming they were not operational in the scanning of those codes yet, but I'm sure one fine day in the future they will be. All that being said, it seems to me every airport is different and maybe not all on the same page, I would just go with the flow and do what I'm told and let the rest fall into the oh well bucket. After all, it is the Republica Dominicana and if you're not used to the system, you never will be. Back to Island Time and a nice cold El Presidente! Cheers and Saludo!
Las Américas, La Isabela, El Catey, and Puerto Plata are owned by the government and operated by Vinci; Punta Cana is owned and operated by Grupo Punta Cana, Cibao is its own company, and La Romana is owned and operated by Casa de Campo, itself owned by the Central Romana people.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
And cue Johne saying that you don't have to fill it in. Yawn.
You're boring and your information quite honestly underwhelms me. It is clear to me that you have tunnel vision regarding this subject matter. In any event I am traveling tomorrow with the e-ticket for the DR. I don't get e-ticket for air travel since I travel with Mosaic status and any questions I have are answered directly from Jet Blue.
I am answering the grammatical expression of" HAVE TO". Even you must know that is not a have to as in MUST. There is an option available as of this date available. Paper.
BTW there is no reason to make this personal and disrepectful by your "yawn" shiiit. I report here what are facts from personal experience every month. Not gibberish from a trade organization that you held in high esteem as the bible of the airline industry. It's not. If you read carefully clearly you would have noticed that their "target date" for 100% compliance for e ticket DR style was for 2020. Yes 2020. While you are yawning Maria let me remind you that is not current or up to date information. In addition, I get payed very little for this information that I post here. Very little like in zero and then I need to listen to "yawn'?

In any event I wish you a good evening and wish you well in all your travels.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You're boring and your information quite honestly underwhelms me. It is clear to me that you have tunnel vision regarding this subject matter. In any event I am traveling tomorrow with the e-ticket for the DR. I don't get e-ticket for air travel since I travel with Mosaic status and any questions I have are answered directly from Jet Blue.
I am answering the grammatical expression of" HAVE TO". Even you must know that is not a have to as in MUST. There is an option available as of this date available. Paper.
BTW there is no reason to make this personal and disrepectful by your "yawn" shiiit. I report here what are facts from personal experience every month. Not gibberish from a trade organization that you held in high esteem as the bible of the airline industry. It's not. If you read carefully clearly you would have noticed that their "target date" for 100% compliance for e ticket DR style was for 2020. Yes 2020. While you are yawning Maria let me remind you that is not current or up to date information. In addition, I get payed very little for this information that I post here. Very little like in zero and then I need to listen to "yawn'?

In any event I wish you a good evening and wish you well in all your travels.

I am the one who has tunnel vision? Says the man who thinks his own personal experience of one trip a month on one airline from one airport to DR is a far better source of information than the International Air Transport Association, the database of rules that all airlines refer to?

Respectfully sir, please remember that this board is not just read by Americans who fly Jetblue. How would it work for someone from the UK flying British Airways to Punta Cana? Or someone from Canada flying WestJet? Or someone flying Copa from Panama? Is it fair for you to claim (over and over and over again ) that they definitely do not need to go online and do an e-Ticket because one airline has allowed you to continue filling in the paper forms? When all the official information online clearly states that they need to do this? The British Government website for example clearly states that from 1st April it is mandatory to fill in the online digital forms for example. British Airways also says that passengers have to do this. So does American Airlines. But you think that everyone should ignore this because your own personal experience on Jetblue has, to date, been different. And just post this opinion over and over and over again hoping that once you've told us what you think for the 180th time we will all believe it.

I shall continue having a nice yawn.

Reactions: windeguy

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I am the one who has tunnel vision? Says the man who thinks his own personal experience of one trip a month on one airline from one airport to DR is a far better source of information than the International Air Transport Association, the database of rules that all airlines refer to?

Respectfully sir, please remember that this board is not just read by Americans who fly Jetblue. How would it work for someone from the UK flying British Airways to Punta Cana? Or someone from Canada flying WestJet? Or someone flying Copa from Panama? Is it fair for you to claim (over and over and over again ) that they definitely do not need to go online and do an e-Ticket because one airline has allowed you to continue filling in the paper forms? When all the official information online clearly states that they need to do this? The British Government website for example clearly states that from 1st April it is mandatory to fill in the online digital forms for example. British Airways also says that passengers have to do this. So does American Airlines. But you think that everyone should ignore this because your own personal experience on Jetblue has, to date, been different. And just post this opinion over and over and over again hoping that once you've told us what you think for the 180th time we will all believe it.

I shall continue having a nice yawn.
Enjoy your day.

Reactions: JD Jones

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I see that this morning. I just went thru SdQ with the e form and nobody needed to see it when I attempted to show it. Additionally, my casual observation is that a greater number of people are using the e form than blue paper which is still available.
The e form moved you thru the process faster.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Again not correct. Last trip to SDQ from FLL few weeks ago was WITHOUT ANY BAGS AT ALL. Just a small laptop case.
"CANNOT BE COMPLETED. PLEASE SEE AN AGENT".
Last 3 or 4 years at least. Already got used to it.
There are about a dozen questions on this machine. Any ONE that is not answered a certain way brings a red flag. The same as the passport machines at customs. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE E TICKET...............................

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
There are about a dozen questions on this machine. Any ONE that is not answered a certain way brings a red flag. The same as the passport machines at customs. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE E TICKET...............................
What "machine"?
I am talking about trying to get e-ticket online when I am paying for the flight. Not about any "machine" in the airport.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Hey Nals, do Dominican citizens have to fill that e-ticket too? I mean, if one is a DR citizen & travel to Europe, on the way back, do we have to fill that form?

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Have to fill out an E-ticket.. Gaby didn't. We tried and couldn't complete the online form.. She had no issues at the airport.. Is she going to fill out an E-ticket when she leaves June 25th? No. Will she have problems? No because she is Dominican. a few bucks here and few bucks there talking fast as she does, and that girl gets through an airport faster than anyone I've ever seen.. Works equally well in POP and SDQ.. STI not so much.. Not necessarily having to follow the rules is one of the things that I love about the DR..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Have to fill out an E-ticket.. Gaby didn't. We tried and couldn't complete the online form.. She had no issues at the airport.. Is she going to fill out an E-ticket when she leaves June 25th? No. Will she have problems? No because she is Dominican. a few bucks here and few bucks there talking fast as she does, and that girl gets through an airport faster than anyone I've ever seen.. Works equally well in POP and SDQ.. STI not so much.. Not necessarily having to follow the rules is one of the things that I love about the DR..
Lol. Wasting your money if in fact you really are giving a few bucks here and there. You giving money to the baggage handlers yes...who else?it’s a single piece of blue paper that takes less than five minutes to do. 😂

Reactions: drstock and irsav