E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

I'm not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of having the E-ticket at check-in? The airlines in other countries don't care about the DR's entry procedures. At some point the forms will go away and if you haven't completed the E-ticket ahead of of arrival, you will be at a kiosk or on your phone filling it out before entry is granted. One way or another, you will conform!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I just flew from POP back to the States on American, I had my eticket and no one asked for it or wanted to see it! I offered but they told me to put it away.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It’s all on your passport. I just did it and was in front of the agent for 30 seconds. So I asked her is all the information from my e tic entry
On the passport? Answer: yes! Put the pp away. The problem was customs. She doesn’t have a scanner. She entered my name and said here it is.
fantastic! Some ppl are still doing blue.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I learned.this.... a family only needs ONE form...

First question - Are traveling alone ?

List all family members on one.........

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It’s all on your passport. I just did it and was in front of the agent for 30 seconds. So I asked her is all the information from my e tic entry
On the passport? Answer: yes! Put the pp away. The problem was customs. She doesn’t have a scanner. She entered my name and said here it is.
fantastic! Some ppl are still doing blue.
I wonder why the Migracion man doesn't give you a slip showing you declared?

Seems easier to me..... Migracion sees your Aduana form on the passport

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I wonder why the Migracion man doesn't give you a slip showing you declared?

Seems easier to me..... Migracion sees your Aduana form on the passport
Si, pero, aduana is after migración on the way out. She had no scanner so she typed it in. (she asked me for the"picture" while she typed. I let her do her thing. (I had 11 cell phones in my luggage and was glad she was confused and wanted to get rid of me. ). All if good. Life is great. Travel is back. Imagine a 6 AM flight! for Dominicans. Six seats across. Big plane with 3 sections. Three lavatories. "Full flight".

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Meaning, this is never going to happen? Your point is...? The last trip I made the same thing happened and when I asked ( I had done a e tic) they said I already have this in my computer against your PP.
I think that the tread heading “ You CAN’T enter” is mid-leading”. That heading should be modified imho so as to stop the anecdotal replies.
I replied to @MariaRubia who specifically asked about check in and I replied specifically about check-in. It was a very specific answer for @MariaRubia . Try not quoting me when a reply isn't meant for you

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The airlines in other countries don't care about the DR's entry procedures.

This is a silly statement. If an airline brings a passenger to any country and that passenger is refused entry, under international law the airline has to fly the passenger back to where they came from. And usually gets fined several thousand dollars. So of course airlines care about DR's entry procedures and of course they will ensure that any passenger has complied before boarding them.

The system airlines use is called Timatic, this gives details on the rules for every country and every type of passenger.

Reactions: windeguy

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I replied to @MariaRubia who specifically asked about check in and I replied specifically about check-in. It was a very specific answer for @MariaRubia . Try not quoting me when a reply isn't meant for you
You could use PM for personal responses on a public forum board. I'll try my best not "to quote you" when I think the response will not be relative to the subject tread.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Si, pero, aduana is after migración on the way out. She had no scanner so she typed it in. (she asked me for the"picture" while she typed. I let her do her thing. (I had 11 cell phones in my luggage and was glad she was confused and wanted to get rid of me. ). All if good. Life is great. Travel is back. Imagine a 6 AM flight! for Dominicans. Six seats across. Big plane with 3 sections. Three lavatories. "Full flight".

So - I arrived back y'day....

UAL - Was NOT asked for proof of QR code at checkin.... did everything online

SDQ - at Aduana, I couldn't bring up the code so said
It's on my passport - right?
Yes, he said -- scanned my passport and waived me on

Aside - I signed up for CLEAR w/ United - faster screening....it costs $$

This is a silly statement. If an airline brings a passenger to any country and that passenger is refused entry, under international law the airline has to fly the passenger back to where they came from. And usually gets fined several thousand dollars. So of course airlines care about DR's entry procedures and of course they will ensure that any passenger has complied before boarding them.

The system airlines use is called Timatic, this gives details on the rules for every country and every type of passenger.
That is a false statement, I myself boarded and flew to the DR without entry confirmation from the airline. They offered me a form as we were about to land in which I didn't accept as I had complied with the E-ticket procedure. So, NO the airlines don't care about other countries entry procedures. It is an individuals responsibility to meet that criteria or you will return to your country of origin at your own expense.

Reactions: johne

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
That is a false statement, I myself boarded and flew to the DR without entry confirmation from the airline. They offered me a form as we were about to land in which I didn't accept as I had complied with the E-ticket procedure. So, NO the airlines don't care about other countries entry procedures. It is an individuals responsibility to meet that criteria or you will return to your country of origin at your own expense.

It's not "at your own expense" if you are returned. The airline doesn't have ticketing staff airside and returning a passenger causes a great deal of complication for them as they have to find a seat to return the passenger on.

Just because you personally had lax service from one airline, that really doesn't mean that all airlines don't care about other countries' entry procedures. I have always found European airlines to be way ahead of US airlines in this sort of stuff and I would be surprised if Iberia or Air France allows anyone to board without an e-Ticket.

Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It's not "at your own expense" if you are returned. The airline doesn't have ticketing staff airside and returning a passenger causes a great deal of complication for them as they have to find a seat to return the passenger on.

Just because you personally had lax service from one airline, that really doesn't mean that all airlines don't care about other countries' entry procedures. I have always found European airlines to be way ahead of US airlines in this sort of stuff and I would be surprised if Iberia or Air France allows anyone to board without an e-Ticket.
You must be in a coma.............................................

Reactions: johne

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You must be in a coma.............................................

Sky. Your own personal experience of the world is not the same as everything that is happening in the world. Important lesson.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sky. Your own personal experience of the world is not the same as everything that is happening in the world. Important lesson.
We are talking about the E Ticket in the Dominican Republic, and that is what I am giving you first hand information on. Not the whole World..........................Thousands of people arrive every day at PUJ without the E Ticket and waltz in, same goes for out.................

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
We are talking about the E Ticket in the Dominican Republic, and that is what I am giving you first hand information on. Not the whole World..........................Thousands of people arrive every day at PUJ without the E Ticket and waltz in, same goes for out.................

How do you know? Do you work at PUJ?