E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
DRdreaming

Migracion has it as soon as they scan your passport.... no need to present it - or be asked to

Aduana... they too can scan your passport or show them them your code - your choice

All the info is digital and recorded in your file
Aduanas has not been able to find my info my last 3 arrivals and just waves me through. This is the first time I have been asked to show my vaccination card.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have no doubt that is true. The DR rushed the implementation of this program and greatly overestimated how quickly they could make it effective. The site still has kinks to be worked out. Let's see what the situation is in another 3-6 months.
Its just matter or time that the e-ticket finally will be mandatory, if you dont have it then at your arrival you will have to fill the form online if the airline let you board.

ita not only to get rid of the paper, is to have you information about you and the route that you took to arrive or live, as many pol come with stops. They said they dont want go search in tons of papers when they wants certain information from the forms.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Its just matter or time that the e-ticket finally will be mandatory, if you dont have it then at your arrival you will have to fill the form online if the airline let you board.

ita not only to get rid of the paper, is to have you information about you and the route that you took to arrive or live, as many pol come with stops. They said they dont want go search in tons of papers when they wants certain information from the forms.

It's hard to think that in 2021 they would go wading thru reams of forms. Do they not have data entry folks that type that stuff in?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I think you are right, Sinovac is just regarded as "emergency vaccine" in EU... But yeah so the code is for a valid PCR test you think? Would love to hear some input from people that fly into Madrid the next days.
Have a friend in Colombia who is going to Madrid in about a week. Not sure but think he has at least 1 Pfizer shot.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

I saw an article that said they were installing internet in all the immigration areas. I doubt they're doing that so people can go on Facebook and Twitter while they're waiting in line. If you arrive without an E-Ticket, you'll probably have to fill it out there.

They want to know where you're coming from, which airline you're flying on, how long you're staying and where. A lot of it will probably be used for marketing purposes. Way too time consuming to hand enter that data into a computer from a form. Much more efficient to have a passenger enter that online and have a computer spit out and sort what they're looking for.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
I saw an article that said they were installing internet in all the immigration areas. …….If you arrive without an E-Ticket, you'll probably have to fill it out there.

Yes. This is already live at PUJ . We saw several signs saying that you could use the free airport internet to connect and fill out the E-ticket right there. Many people tried , some were complaining about error messages ( something to do with the DOB fields) … so most, if not all , ended up with the blue forms . Still a lot of kinks to work out methinks.

Reactions: cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Or maybe it will never be mandatory, which seems about as likely at this time.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I saw an article that said they were installing internet in all the immigration areas. I doubt they're doing that so people can go on Facebook and Twitter while they're waiting in line. If you arrive without an E-Ticket, you'll probably have to fill it out there.

They want to know where you're coming from, which airline you're flying on, how long you're staying and where. A lot of it will probably be used for marketing purposes. Way too time consuming to hand enter that data into a computer from a form. Much more efficient to have a passenger enter that online and have a computer spit out and sort what they're looking for.
At various government owned places, such as in public hospitals, government offices, even in certain parks; have part of the government created program República Digital. This is available not just in major cities, but also in various towns and even in some villages. I'm not aware it's available in any campo (I know if anyone goes to Parque Duarte in Sajoma, República Digital works on your smart phone and that's a town in the mountains out in the middle of nowhere). Basically is wifi and it is free, but it doesn't allow access to websites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media places. It allows access to personal/company networks and email, so it can only be used for work related or very personal issues or even for school/university purposes. Anyone can access it and use it free of charge. At the very least you need is a smart phone or any other wifi enabled technology such as tablets or laptops (good luck taking out a laptop or tablet in public places and not attract attention).

In all likelihood República Digital will be extended to the handful of international airports.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The digital world is here - alive and well..... witness the traffic fine system

Migracion wants to know how long over stayers are here.... another piece of the puzzle

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
I am arriving on Sunday, 18 of July from USA. I have attempted to fill out the form in both spanish and english, probably 20 times over the last few days. I have 6 different ID codes from migration but each time I submit the completed form it returns to the beginning to redo the form and there are no empty spaces. I used one form to return in May and it was ok after about 20 attempts or more. But even when I left for USA on the 26th of June, I was unable to fill the exit one out, same rejections. At the airport there were no problems with paper forms. I am a citizen of the DR and have been here 19 years though I travel with an American passport with never a problem. An suggestions?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Have a friend in Colombia who is going to Madrid in about a week. Not sure but think he has at least 1 Pfizer shot.

I am arriving on Sunday, 18 of July from USA. I have attempted to fill out the form in both spanish and english, probably 20 times over the last few days. I have 6 different ID codes from migration but each time I submit the completed form it returns to the beginning to redo the form and there are no empty spaces. I used one form to return in May and it was ok after about 20 attempts or more. But even when I left for USA on the 26th of June, I was unable to fill the exit one out, same rejections. At the airport there were no problems with paper forms. I am a citizen of the DR and have been here 19 years though I travel with an American passport with never a problem. An suggestions?
Yes, fill out the blue form when you get here like most of the people will on your plane...............

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Wait until the 15th or 16th and try again. Someone above mentioned that theirs didn't work until 3 days prior to their departure. If it still doesn't work, do what Sky says, fill out the form like everyone else.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I travel often, never have I used anything but the paper form.

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
Thanks. Will try a day closer to the arrival date though, if I remember from before that didn't work either. But there is always paper.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yes. This is already live at PUJ . We saw several signs saying that you could use the free airport internet to connect and fill out the E-ticket right there. Many people tried , some were complaining about error messages ( something to do with the DOB fields) … so most, if not all , ended up with the blue forms . Still a lot of kinks to work out methinks.
Similar to this one.

Attachments

• C708AFE3-6508-499A-8B03-3881E8E04D2F.jpeg
    C708AFE3-6508-499A-8B03-3881E8E04D2F.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 118

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just did my e-ticket and was happy to see that my laptop remembered my info... less filling out
Passport/Cedula, todo

My last entry..... June... I could NOT get a boarding pass online....
After asking UAL why... they said said sometimes - if you don't upload the e-ticket, they will block the online boarding pass
Not always

So today I uploaded it

Using the UAL app.... you're prompted to take a photo... auto upload
couldn't be easier

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
We are back in th EU.

Filled out the e-ticket for exit - this gives you a QR-code - wasn't asked for proof
Filled out the form for entry through Belgium - this gives you another QR-code - were asked for it at immigration there
Filled out the form for entry into Holland - this gives you a third QR-code - we were never stopped or asked for it

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
We are back in th EU.

Filled out the e-ticket for exit - this gives you a QR-code - wasn't asked for proof
Filled out the form for entry through Belgium - this gives you another QR-code - were asked for it at immigration there
Filled out the form for entry into Holland - this gives you a third QR-code - we were never stopped or asked for it
It is not mandatory to travel but it does help Migracion.