E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I use FireFox and have not had a problem recently.

Initially, yes problems , but seems fixed for both me and my wife as of the last couple of months

Reactions: Riva_31

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There is nothing in the form at all compromising , I was expecting questions about the status of vaccination or if you had a Covid test. It really is just name ,address and identification and the usual questions about what you may be bringing into the country . But it is best to have the Eticket as an icon and then they just click onto the square code.
Yes...it is a "non-event". This is what you do...same as bringing your passport to the airport.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Leaving the country - you need do nothing

On entry... show something to the Aduana.... QR code or your passport

We're repeating ourselves here !!!

Reactions: johne

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Leaving the country - you need do nothing

On entry... show something to the Aduana.... QR code or your passport

We're repeating ourselves here !!!
Leaving the country you still need to fill out the Eticket answering all questions with passport and residency numbers and confirmation that you are not taking more than US$ 10,000 out of the country . You have to give your ticket reference number and destination. It is all so simple .5 to 10 minutes at the most

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Certainly... you need the E-Ticket but you don't need to show anything on exit
All automatically entered under your passport

Just show up !! and smile

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Leaving the country you still need to fill out the Eticket answering all questions with passport and residency numbers and confirmation that you are not taking more than US$ 10,000 out of the country . You have to give your ticket reference number and destination. It is all so simple .5 to 10 minutes at the most
When I was asked if had $10,000 I was taking out of the country I said "mi amor....I have 3 novias here.. Big laugh, big smile and handed passport. This is the DR guys... not like xxx.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Certainly... you need the E-Ticket but you don't need to show anything on exit
All automatically entered under your passport

Just show up !! and smile
Are you sure about that? Obviously, when you go through migracion here in the DR, when they scan your passport, they will see whether or not you have the E-Ticket, but I thought that, at least with some airlines, the ticket agents are now asking to see the QRC code and they scan it to confirm you have the E-Ticket(?).

Reactions: Kipling333

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
By the way, I believe that the e-Ticket works fine if you do it in Spanish. I know quite a few on here have limited Spanish but for those who speak it, I would recommend doing the application on the Spanish site as it doesn't crash.

Reactions: HDR and NanSanPedro

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Are you sure about that? Obviously, when you go through migracion here in the DR, when they scan your passport, they will see whether or not you have the E-Ticket, but I thought that, at least with some airlines, the ticket agents are now asking to see the QRC code and they scan it to confirm you have the E-Ticket(?).
Never happened to me.....
I think perhaps they asked... but not for proof (QR code)..... can't really remember
But I carry no code on departure

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
At immigration they ask to see your residency card if you have said you have one when you fill out the form ..yes at the airline departure desk they ask to see the code.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
They asked for it upon departure today.

They did not specifically ask for it on arrival Sept. 3.

I was also asked to show my negative Covid Test.

Reactions: Kipling333

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Was your negative test in English or Spanish.?
I had it done at Referencia. I wasted an hour at Amadita just to be told that I wouldn’t have results for 5 days…and I needed them in 3 for departure.

Referencia have me the option upon log in to view my results in English, Spanish, French, and Italian. I chose English.

I tried to log in again and get the test results in Spanish too, but it took me straight to the English. The PUJ Airport guy took a couple of minutes looking at it. He didn’t say anything but I think to have both English and Spanish (if the log in allows it) would save time.

I would recommend Referencia, and try to get it in English and Spanish. I made a folder on my phone for all my screen shots: E-ticket, Negative Covid, vaccination record, and ArriveCAN Code. Saved time instead of scrolling trying to find stuff.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I did exactly the same except I chose to have my result shown to me in Spanish . But I left and returned at SDQ .