E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There's not much to it, maybe that's why no one mentioned it(?). Pretty ironic. The DR is going paperless and the US is still using paper.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
All I can say is that none of my friends have ever mentioned it when leaving POP and no word of it until now has been posted here(?). When you are flying to the DR, a DR health statement is part of the E-Ticket.
This is ONLY leaving the DR to the US. Punta Cana airport....................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There are 2 health forms....
1/ when leaving RD you swear your answers / tests are true - the declaration we all sign on exit
nothing to do w/ the e-ticket

2/ when entering RD, the e-ticket has health questions incl in the form... you fill those out

Reactions: Riva_31 and SKY
Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Flew into SDQ on 09/09

Was asked for the E-ticket, proof of vaccination and separate health declaration by the airline at check-in and passport by Aduana at departure
Was asked for passport, proof of vaccination, health declaration and E-ticket at SDQ by Aduana

Flew out of SDQ on 19/09
Was asked for the E-ticket, proof of vaccination and separate health declaration by the airline at check-in and passport by Aduana at departure
Was asked for passport, proof of vaccination, health declaration and E-ticket at Port of entry by Aduana

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
PUJ is where I Ieft from, assuming all airports have this going to the US.
A friend of mine just left POP to MIA on American a couple days ago and he did fill out and sign a US health certificate at the ticket counter.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
coming back last week (Mia to pop) seems you can't check in on-line anymore because an agent has to see proof of your e-form:( when living Mia.
At customs here a photo will do at customs but I suggest you print it out when checking in at a U.S airport. still new to the agents and not sure what it was suppose to look like.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
I entered Monday, the 20th. I was not asked to show any proof of e ticket before boarding.(Jetblue from BOS) The flight attendants did announce shortly before landing that the e ticket was mandatory, and walked around to ask if anyone needed the website info. There were quite a few people off to the side before immigration, trying to fill out the form on their phone.

I was not asked for proof of vaccine on this entry, but I have been asked in the past.

And yes, the health attestation is a US requirement, that needs to be signed and turned in while checking in for departure to the US, along with proof of a negative test, and the e-ticket for departure.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It's still not set in concrete.....some trips this, other trips that, but the best way is to do what the airline asks you and for what your host country wants. All of this should be done ahead of time and WOW! .....no problems. No missed flights. No delays or long lines.

I have a flight to the states tues. Went for the stick up my nose this morning. Came home an did e migration form. Done for the day. Tomorrow pick-up negative health form and leave for airport tues morning. Easy-peasy.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It really is set in concrete - I think - we're seeing erratic procedures/enforcement by the airlines in the early stage.

I say 'concrete' b/c there is no way around it...
Getting the information out to hte public and training the airlines are a slow now - IMO

Online check-in w/o the e-ticket shouldn't be possible
Leaving RD, not possible at all ....health attestation & neg test needed

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
US Health requirements for entry are in flux from what I can see. Right now a negative Antigen Test for all, but some time in November that changes to a vaccine requirement, not sure if the negative test will still be needed as well. Stay tuned for updates:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No confusion Windy - very clear requirements --
from your article, 1st paragraph

COVID-19 Travel Bans To Be Rescinded and Replaced with Vaccination Requirements (US)​

Tuesday, September 21, 2021
After much anticipation, the White House announced plans to rescind the geographic COVID-19 travel bans and modify restrictions on all international travelers to focus on proof of vaccination. In place of the travel bans and beginning in early November, international travelers will be required to prove they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as well as provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within three days of boarding a U.S. bound flight. The Centers for Decease Control and Prevention (CDC) will issue guidance as to which vaccinations will be accepted.

BTW, the article is from 9/21
Subsequently, the CDC has announced that ALL vaccines approved by the WHO will be accepted
That includes Sinovac

Reactions: windeguy

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
:oops: - Vaccination and a covid test to enter the US! In addition, unvaccinated Americans have to take the test one day before departure and show proof that they have purchased a covid test to be taken after arrival:

"
  • CDC will continue to strongly recommend against air travel by Americans who are not fully vaccinated; however, all unvaccinated U.S. Citizen and lawful permanent resident travelers who return to the United States will be required to, prior to boarding an airplane:
    • Provide proof of a negative test result taken within 1 day of their departure; and
    • Provide proof that they have purchased a viral test to be taken after arrival."

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
In an article on another thread posted on this subject(US to require vaccines from all visitors), it said unvaccinated Americans would be required to get a covid test to depart the US. If true, that would be a total of 3 covid tests for unvaccinated Americans departing the US. Maybe the mods can move these related posts to that thread(?).

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I entered Monday, the 20th. I was not asked to show any proof of e ticket before boarding.(Jetblue from BOS) The flight attendants did announce shortly before landing that the e ticket was mandatory, and walked around to ask if anyone needed the website info. There were quite a few people off to the side before immigration, trying to fill out the form on their phone.

I was not asked for proof of vaccine on this entry, but I have been asked in the past.

And yes, the health attestation is a US requirement, that needs to be signed and turned in while checking in for departure to the US, along with proof of a negative test, and the e-ticket for departure.

Does the airline have to read the QR code?
No, the airline does not need or ask for the QR code. When the person goes through Migration, Migration with the passport number verifies that the person filled out the form. That is why it is very important to fill out the passport number properly, and make sure you finish the entire filling process until you receive the QR code.

Reactions: Riva_31