E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Some airlines look for it.... some don't.

I have reported being denied an online boarding pass without proof of it...
The agent said it 'sometimes' happens.....

Easier on all fronts to fill it out before departure

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Does the airline have to read the QR code?
No, the airline does not need or ask for the QR code. When the person goes through Migration, Migration with the passport number verifies that the person filled out the form. That is why it is very important to fill out the passport number properly, and make sure you finish the entire filling process until you receive the QR code.
It's been reported several times that some airlines flying to the DR do ask to see the QR code. Some don't. My friends flying from MIA to POP on American said they do ask to see it. If they don't ask and you don't have it, you'll be flagged going through immigration here in the DR since it is tied to your passport number.

Leaving the DR, it's been reported, at least in POP, that you're asked to show the QR as you get in line at the ticket counter. Once again, if they don't ask and you don't have it, you'll be flagged at migration when they swipe your passport.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My brother is traveling this weekend from USA and he received an email today from American Airlines, he asked me to check for him and without check it i told him, the email must be about e-ticket, and I was right, they e-mail has a link with intormation about covid and travel rules and one of options to review redirect you to the e-ticket webpage. This is the link

If you dont read what airlines send you then you know.

Attachments

• E46A0345-0F4D-4142-891C-FF13A0908C0A.jpeg
    E46A0345-0F4D-4142-891C-FF13A0908C0A.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 121

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I flew y'day - SDQ to EWR........

Was not asked for the US form about the truth of my CV19 test result... no signatures asked for

It was a smooth check-in

15 minutes and I was checked in & thru security....
I have United's Premier Access so that shortened the check-in

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Quite honestly, I have found the past couple of months (with 2 RT to states and back) to be the easiest at SDQ than even before the pandemic.

ejl293

May 29, 2012
Please bear with me here: I have had an emergency situation that requires me to return to the USA (97 year old mother) quickly. I believe I have everything covered for leaving the DR. I am planning on returning to the DR in 7-10 days. What will I need for the return? Have the vaccine card, will do the E-ticket while in the states. What else might I need? Flying to and from JFK.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Vaccine certificate not needed until November

Just the e-ticket for your return

leaving, e-ticket and negative covid test... results in 1 hr

Reactions: ejl293

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
What will I need for the return? Have the vaccine card, will do the E-ticket while in the states. What else might I need? Flying to and from JFK.
I just flew SDQ > JFK > SDQ with JetBlue. JB requested to see the e-ticket both leaving and coming back. On return at SDQ Immigration had everything in the database just double checked my address, Aduana scanned the e-ticket. JB requested to see the Covid test leaving SDQ, at JFK they didn't ask.

Again.. I was through immigration in 10 min.

Reactions: ejl293

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I just flew SDQ > JFK > SDQ with JetBlue. JB requested to see the e-ticket both leaving and coming back. On return at SDQ Immigration had everything in the database just double checked my address, Aduana scanned the e-ticket. JB requested to see the Covid test leaving SDQ, at JFK they didn't ask.

Again.. I was through immigration in 10 min.
So do you have to fill in one e ticket for leaving and another returning?

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
So do you have to fill in one e ticket for leaving and another returning?
Yes one leaving another returning. JB requested to see both on departure at SDQ. Not a problem I just did the return e-ticket when I left SDQ, was also required to show the return flight booking code for the JFK to SDQ leg when I left SDQ, couldn't fly to the US on a one way ticket.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes one leaving another returning. JB requested to see both on departure at SDQ. Not a problem I just did the return e-ticket when I left SDQ, was also required to show the return flight booking code for the JFK to SDQ leg when I left SDQ, couldn't fly to the US on a one way ticket.
We are flying to Colombia on the 20th so we have to fill in the e-ticket plus the Colombian equivalent. No covid test required

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The biggest problem in travel I see, is that every country and airline imposes their own rules.
Many of those have nothing to do, with what the DR requires for ingress.
Yesterday my airline refused boarding to me without a return ticket.
After debating with the clerk showing me some websites and consulting with a supervisor,
They informed me that it is a "must".

So I had to get on line and book a return flight with a reservation code, and I was allowed to check in.
Without any other checks!
The airline in their reservation confirmation instructs that an e-ticket is required and provides the gob.do link.
Yet prior to arrival they handed out paper forms and instructed passengers to fill them out.
Which I of course did not do.

My arrival at PUJ was a dream.
A young lady with a sign e-ticket and QR code image waved us on.
I was one of the first off the plane, no line ups and right to migración.

Of course the official did not check or care if I had a return ticket, which also was not included in my e-ticket info for arrival.
Both the immigration official and customs official which took the QR code prior to x-Ray,
Were professional and very courteous.

A super smooth arrival in the DR.

I could only hope that some other countries were operating on the same level as the Dominicans.
In some locations officials resemble avenge and destroy robots.
In the Dominican Republic officials are professional, while still remaining human.
One can talk and joke with them.

The e-ticket is a paperless advancement, compliments to the DR.
It sure feels good to be here again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
LoboTropical - the return ticket has been a "must" for many years. But, many airlines ignored it.
What airline asked? I am guessing JetBlue?

American seems to still ignore the requirement.