E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
LoboTropical - the return ticket has been a "must" for many years. But, many airlines ignored it.
What airline asked? I am guessing JetBlue?

American seems to still ignore the requirement.

Is it in fact a DR requirement?

NEVER have seen a DR official caring about it, but I do not know what gob.do DR regulation is.
Just that in many years of travel, DR migration has never questioned or cared.

Many airlines impose their own rules.

This is from gob.do website.
The receiving country should be the only determining factor for ingress, not foreign airlines or governments.

"No, the airline does not need or ask for the QR code. When the person goes through Migration, Migration with the passport number verifies that the person filled out the form. That is why it is very important to fill out the passport number properly, and make sure you finish the entire filling process until you receive the QR code."

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
LoboTropical - the return ticket has been a "must" for many years. But, many airlines ignored it.
What airline asked? I am guessing JetBlue?

American seems to still ignore the requirement.

About 6-8 weeks ago a friend flew with WS to PUJ no residency and one way ticket, no problem in Can or DR.
Anyway, we have no power and have to jump through all hoops presented by airlines or governments, otherwise NO PLAY.
The world is in a mess with covid 19 and no hope on the horizon.

Best option is the DR and just stay, life seems just about normal here with a joy of life seen in few other places.
Of course nothing is perfect never will be, but the DR is turning out to be one of the best options.... at lest for me.
Regardless, wife house and family are already here, as the life afuera was not that desirable for her after 4.5 years, just for diversion.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is it in fact a DR requirement?

Yes, the DR government has required airlines for YEARS to make people that are not legal residents show a return ticket.
NEVER have seen a DR official caring about it, but I do not know what gob.do DR regulation is.
Just that in many years of travel, DR migration has never questioned or cared.

Many airlines impose their own rules.

Many airlines have ignored the requirement by the DR government and they face high fines for not enforcing it. The E-Ticket just makes tracking easier than before. Making up their own rules could be costly for them.
This is from gob.do website.
The receiving country should be the only determining factor for ingress, not foreign airlines or governments.

"No, the airline does not need or ask for the QR code. When the person goes through Migration, Migration with the passport number verifies that the person filled out the form. That is why it is very important to fill out the passport number properly, and make sure you finish the entire filling process until you receive the QR code."

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I'm not sure if there is an issue with the E-ticket or if it's correct. I'm leaving DR tomorrow, so I just filled it out, but it only let me fill out the migratory information, when I pressed the next button it asked me if someone had helped me to fill it out and then if the information was truthful, and then it created the QR code. So it didn't let me fill out the customs and public health information, is that only for when coming to DR? I thought it was for both leaving and arriving..

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, the DR government has required airlines for YEARS to make people that are not legal residents show a return ticket.

Many airlines have ignored the requirement by the DR government and they face high fines for not enforcing it. The E-Ticket just makes tracking easier than before. Making up their own rules could be costly for them.

Good to know.
Book just before departure, cancel ticket on arrival within 24 hrs.
Book the cheapest onward travel change later if one wants options of flexible dates.

E ticket OK, menu just a little funky in some parts of operation, I used the Spanish one.
Of course some other countries have been paperless for years, great system.
Some intelligent countries check luggage through to final destination, clear immigration and customs at final destination.

Not like the idiocy in CAN and US where all is cleared at first destination, check out get luggage put on belt for connecting flight.
Out of the secure area in general airport, check in again through security screening line up.
What idiocy.

Reactions: Auryn

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm not sure if there is an issue with the E-ticket or if it's correct. I'm leaving DR tomorrow, so I just filled it out, but it only let me fill out the migratory information, when I pressed the next button it asked me if someone had helped me to fill it out and then if the information was truthful, and then it created the QR code. So it didn't let me fill out the customs and public health information, is that only for when coming to DR? I thought it was for both leaving and arriving..
Only on entry.... health , etc

Shorter form to leave

Reactions: Kricke87

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Is the DR eticket needed when you check in for a departing flight from POP or just when you pass by the immigration kiosk and they scan your passport?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is the DR eticket needed when you check in for a departing flight from POP or just when you pass by the immigration kiosk and they scan your passport?
They want it when you check in. But they don't really look at what you show them. Best to have it though. Coming back loads of tourists don't have it and get in anyway.,,,,,,,,,,

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
There will be someone to stop you prior to getting in the check in line and want to see both E-ticket and covid test.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
When I flew from POP to Germany last October, they asked for it at the check in desk, but many didn't showed it at that point and then were told they had to have it, but was sent through to the security scan and migration desk. And while inside, at least at that time it was CRAZY, SO many people needing assistance to fill it out/get on to the website. So I would personally recommend to fill it out at home and not try to do it inside the airport, as the connection is quite bad inside.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
When I flew from POP to Germany last October, they asked for it at the check in desk, but many didn't showed it at that point and then were told they had to have it, but was sent through to the security scan and migration desk. And while inside, at least at that time it was CRAZY, SO many people needing assistance to fill it out/get on to the website. So I would personally recommend to fill it out at home and not try to do it inside the airport, as the connection is quite bad inside.
We just recently flew between Germany and the DR with Condor, and at least that airline has very clearly posted on their website that this is a strict requirement... When checking in in Frankfurt, this was requested and the customers again even scanned the code on arrival... I really like that as I hated to fill out all those forms... Yes when departing from PUJ towards FRA, there were people who had no idea what it was...

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Just attempted to complete an Eticket form. Got as far as flight date. The message said invalid date enter a date equal to or after xx/xx/xxxx. The date was 5 days before my flight. AAARRRGGGHHHH
So here its what I have;
1. Eticket QR code. https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/
2. https://www.aa.com/attestation/?from=aacomInfoPage

Hope this works when the time comes. Also, I've printed the attestation forms.

Did I miss anything? thanks

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Just attempted to complete an Eticket form. Got as far as flight date. The message said invalid date enter a date equal to or after xx/xx/xxxx. The date was 5 days before my flight. AAARRRGGGHHHH
So here its what I have;
1. Eticket QR code. https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/
2. https://www.aa.com/attestation/?from=aacomInfoPage

Hope this works when the time comes. Also, I've printed the attestation forms.

Did I miss anything? thanks
When is your flight? Maybe wait to fill it out until your flight date is closer so you don't get an error message?

If you're flying to the US, those are the only two things you need right now (other than a negative covid test the day before your flight).

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I just flew back to the US yesterday on American through Charlotte to DC. Because I had used Verify all my paperwork was submitted - I did take hard copy with me just in case, but they wanted: E ticket, proof of negative covid test, attestation, vaccination proof and contact information. American wouldn't let you check in online until everything was competed. Then at the airport only e ticket and passport were asked for in ticket counter line.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just flew back to the US yesterday on American through Charlotte to DC. Because I had used Verify all my paperwork was submitted - I did take hard copy with me just in case, but they wanted: E ticket, proof of negative covid test, attestation, vaccination proof and contact information. American wouldn't let you check in online until everything was competed. Then at the airport only e ticket and passport were asked for in ticket counter line.
You're not an American, right? As far as I know, Americans are not required to have proof of vaccination.

Reactions: Sol09

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada

Who is they? And were you asked those before departure from the DR?