East Coast Basic Information

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I think Sky means the highway. Caribmike is asking about the bus route. My sister-in-law who came to visit us yesterday got off at the airport, and at that stage the bus had not gone through Ver?n. She says there were still some passengers on board who presumably were continuing on to Ver?n and/or B?varo.

OK, thank you! :) That explains it.

I understood that it will be end of the bus route there...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, I meant the hwy. But you can always take the bus from SD to Higuey, and then take take one to Bavaro that for sure goes through Veron. My maid went this way today.

But you will not see the new hwy with this route.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
OK, thank you! :) That explains it.

I understood that it will be end of the bus route there...

I doubt very much that the Express bus would double back to Veron from the airport, as it is advertised as SD to Bavaro.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yes, I meant the hwy. But you can always take the bus from SD to Higuey, and then take take one to Bavaro that for sure goes through Veron. My maid went this way today.

But you will not see the new hwy with this route.

Yeah, we went to and came back from SDQ that way on Friday...

I confused the 2 bus companies too...

All clear now.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I doubt very much that the Express bus would double back to Veron from the airport, as it is advertised as SD to Bavaro.
So it would continue to B?varo via the highway, not through Cruce de Ver?n? It still has offices in Ver?n (Plaza Genaro) and Friusa, as far as I can tell. Would be good if someone could find out, so we can post the info.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So it would continue to B?varo via the highway, not through Cruce de Ver?n? It still has offices in Ver?n (Plaza Genaro) and Friusa, as far as I can tell. Would be good if someone could find out, so we can post the info.

It ends in Bavaro, no need for the bus to go to Veron and back. Like I said, take the Higuey one if you need to go to Veron.

809-552-1678 Here is the phone number in Fruisa, call and let us know for sure.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Expreso B?varo's Ver?n office has moved from Plaza Genaro to Plaza Colonial - opposite Banco de Reservas near the Cruce de Ver?n. Tel. 809-455-1473

Times (departures from Santo Domingo and from B?varo)
7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm

According to their Facebook page the route is still not defined, but as far as I can tell they are still going from Cruce de Ver?n to B?varo via Coco Loco crossing. If anyone takes the bus please post the info here.

https://www.facebook.com/Transporte16

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Updated information: Mr C visited the new EXPESO (sic) BAVARO offices near Cruce de Ver?n and obtained some more information. All buses coming from Santo Domingo stop at Punta Cana airport first, before doubling back to Ver?n and continuing to B?varo via Cruce de Ver?n. The final stop is in Friusa.

What he forgot to ask was which way the bus takes from Coco Loco to Friusa - via Avenida Barcelo going past the hotels and Cortesito or via the new Boulevard Turistico. He also forgot to ask whether they got a refund or at least a discount on the sign.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Hi Chiri,

Please add to your list of economical non-AI hotels Hostel Bavaro located in Los Corales. Rates start at US$20 per day in a shared room (including breakfast and wifi) and they've got other private options. An economical option for those strapped for cash or just looking for a place to crash for a night. I personally haven't gone but have spoken to some people that have gone and it's not bad. Their website is Bavaro Hostel .

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Is what's listed as the Bowman Hotel also known at The MT Hotel, or are there 2 hotels in Plaza Brisas?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Expreso B?varo's Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Transporte16 - has posted an update informing of a move to "la plaza que esta frente al BHD en la carretera Beron Bavaro plaza sitrabapu" (Beron being an alternative spelling for Ver?n). This must be the newly-built mall just past the Police Station at the Cruce de Ver?n, opposite the BHD bank.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
This is off topic for this post about SD to Veron and Bavaro, but just as a point of information, the express bus from La Romana to Friusa, in fact, does "double back" (as someone above calls it) from the PC airport to Veron. From Veron it then goes to Coco Loco and does follow the road through the hotels to Friusa. You get to see the new highway that would take you directly to Friusa twice and wish they would go that way, but they don't. As I said in another post about the La Romana/Friusa route, this bus is more of an express to La Romana than coming back.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
While Google images, which are of the highest quality, have yet to cover the Punta Cana - Bávaro areas, most of the main streets in the Bávaro area are on display in Google Street View courtesy of AB Gadgets and CEPM. Even areas that are normally off limit to most people, such as the Cocotal gated community, and areas that are no longer the main gateway to the region, such as Verón, are on display.

Once the Google images cover the area and are on display, the quality should be on par with places like Santiago where Google has its own images covering most streets.

Since many of the pedestrians are wearing masks, these are from this year during the Covid pandemic.

0-F4-DE514-816-C-4328-982-D-5-D6-AAFEC8658.jpg

19-C3484-E-2-A58-4-AF9-ADBA-17-A8341-DD0-AF.jpg

2-F900-C57-D0-E7-417-A-969-E-7-E563470-D598.jpg

A0-E3-A67-F-F17-D-4647-A0-EF-FE26415-E30-D9.jpg

FBD4-D1-F8-81-C9-4385-B1-E8-7-D4626-B34-A91.jpg

Reactions: aarhus and Caonabo