Easy, fast Covid testing if flying to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
If you are flying to the US you need to get a covid test done within 3 days of your flight (not 72 hours but 3 calendar days). IF you have transportation go the the airport early in the morning (opens at 8:30) and get your test done there. It took us about 20 min total and you get your results right then. The cost is 2000RD

Bob K

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you are flying to the US you need to get a covid test done within 3 days of your flight (not 72 hours but 3 calendar days). IF you have transportation go the the airport early in the morning (opens at 8:30) and get your test done there. It took us about 20 min total and you get your results right then. The cost is 2000RD

Bob K
Which airport Bob ?

Reactions: Africaida

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Went to POP two days ( Monday )before my flight Last month. She said I was to early and come beck Tuesday for the Wednesday flight. Hopefully there is a new worker there that can count. Didn’t bother arguing with her. Hopefully a vaccine passport will come into play soon for international travelers.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We had the same thing. We were told we were one day too early (it was 3 days before our flight). I explained that it is 3 days. She looked at a piece of paper and said "oh you are ok to do it today" So we had it done and no problems flying 3 days later.

Bob K

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Easy and fast, yes.
But not as sensitive as molecular tests, false negative results can occur.
That's why many countries require a PCR test, to protect their citizens however not the US.

But no COVID-19 test is 100% accurate. It's possible to test negative yet actually be infected (false-negative result) or to test positive and not be infected (false-positive result). So it's vital to continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, such as social distancing and wearing a mask when appropriate, until further notice

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Easy and fast, yes.
But not as sensitive as molecular tests, false negative results can occur.
That's why many countries require a PCR test, to protect their citizens however not the US.
Thanks to "Operation Warp Speed" the USA is reopening. Hopefully other countries will also be able to soon..
The USA is sending unneeded (and sometimes unwanted) vaccines to other countries now. That might help.

But then there are those new variants where another warp speed vaccine may be needed. Only time will tell.
Each country can ask for whatever it wants to.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Thanks to "Operation Warp Speed" the USA is reopening. Hopefully other countries will also be able to soon..
The USA is sending unneeded (and sometimes unwanted) vaccines to other countries now. That might help.

But then there are those new variants where another warp speed vaccine may be needed. Only time will tell.
Each country can ask for whatever it wants to.

The vaccines are easily available in the US for everyone.
The problem is that 52 % had one dose and only 42 % fully vaccinated.
It may well be that half of the population will refuse vaccination.

Only time will tell future covid development.

As you say covid is everywhere.
Vaccinations will help, worldwide process will be slow.
Pretending covid is over, we're back to normal will not be helpful.
Of course reopening of economies is necessary.
A difficult balancing act. Don't drop the ball.....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Is there any place North Coast to get a Saliva PCR test? Have a friend that needs tested but HATES the nasal swabs.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is there any place North Coast to get a Saliva PCR test? Have a friend that needs tested but HATES the nasal swabs.
There are Antigen tests from a blood sample that are accepted. Maybe someone on the NC knows where. I can tell you about Punta Cana for this, but not the NC.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
From what I'm hearing, there are now two types of nasal swabs - one is just in the front part of your nose and the other goes all the way back almost to your throat. Very unpleasant!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
From what I'm hearing, there are now two types of nasal swabs - one is just in the front part of your nose and the other goes all the way back almost to your throat. Very unpleasant!
I have had nasal 4 times. Tiny little tickle. No where back to your throat. Close your eyes. Do not look at the swab or the tech. relax the body and 4-5 seconds it's over. Left there and went right next door and had an espresso and raspberry tart for my reward. lol

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have had nasal 4 times. Tiny little tickle. No where back to your throat. Close your eyes. Do not look at the swab or the tech. relax the body and 4-5 seconds it's over. Left there and went right next door and had an espresso and raspberry tart for my reward. lol
You got the good one. I had a couple friends that did it in the US and they said they thought the swab was going to hit their eyeballs.

Here's the one you don't want:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
There are Antigen tests from a blood sample that are accepted. Maybe someone on the NC knows where. I can tell you about Punta Cana for this, but not the NC.
When you say accepted, youmean for international travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.