Eat for 150 RD in Cabarete. Post yours spots.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
You can cook beans and rice in a solar oven for about 15 pesos. A little fresh cheese 10 pesos.

pi2

Diablo, carajo!!!!!! From the OP post it was obvious he was talking about eating out, not eating out in your patio, out in restaurantsssssssssss. I really believe you are a real stupid idiot. I need the button you know the vaina to make him disappear. Guess I need a drink too but most of all I need HLYWUD

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Probably way over that 150 rds, but just curious...

anybody eaten at the following restaurants?
- la bodega
- club 56
- the american dinner (no typo, that is what the sign says)

Anyways it is great that new restaurants are popping up all over the place. Hopefully they will offer some variation.

As far as PI2 goes, come on down to cabarete, and open up a restaurant. I am quite sure service will take a long time (with the solar cooker), and that the food will taste like ****, but hey... beggars can't be choosers. If you serve meals at 30 rds, I am sure you will have a clientele, but not me.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Probably way over that 150 rds, but just curious...

anybody eaten at the following restaurants?
- la bodega
- club 56
- the american dinner (no typo, that is what the sign says)

Anyways it is great that new restaurants are popping up all over the place. Hopefully they will offer some variation.

As far as PI2 goes, come on down to cabarete, and open up a restaurant. I am quite sure service will take a long time (with the solar cooker), and that the food will taste like ****, but hey... beggars can't be choosers. If you serve meals at 30 rds, I am sure you will have a clientele, but not me.

Not me either. I'm sure yanandu either since he'll find it too expensive

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Lots of RD$150 dishes at "A Bailar" next to the minigolf in Cabarete. The Hamburgers and fries are awesome, so is La Bandera.
Best ever Beef Tenderloin. It's of course more than RD$ 150. The service is great and Toni is a wonderful host.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Not everyone wants to eat home all the time!!!!
Holy mackerel - you can eat it on the beach too - just need a take away box. If you have a small boat its ideal.
Riding the ocean wave ..... go with the flow..... the rythem of the sea.....

Change with the times .... solar cooking is ,IN,.

The next great thing after fish and chips.

pi2

Jan 17, 2009
It's open now. We haven't been there yet, but when we saw the sign, my husband walked in. The owner said they did that on purpose. There is an American Diner in New Jersey. I guess the owners didn't want to copy the name ;)

mommacat

Apr 12, 2005
Will check these out, thanks for the info. How about something similar for Sosua? Ate at Big D's at Sosua on the beach strip. Awesome food for 150DR-have had the 1/4 #chicken, pork and the wrap. Wrap and chicken superb!

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
Ok, bump for a new find. The Aquarium restaurant in Calle Jon (is that how you spell it??). I have only had the Carbonara for 150 pesos so far, but IT WAS AMAZING (and I have had almost all of the carbonara in this town)! Big portion, TONS of melted cheese on top, even had some peppers and fresh parsley for color. They have a bunch of other things on the menu for 150 that sound good, like Lasagna on Tuesdays. They also have pizza, but I am not sure how much it is.

Pretty cool place, too. We actually stopped in because we were intrigued by all of the fish tanks.