EBay buyer protection? - you be the judge.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
OP,

you mentioned you paid with Paypal. Have you contacted them and open an inquiry? You should also be covered by Paypal buyers protection.

I have talked to PayPal. They went offline, called the USPS office and said that the package might be there. I called the number PayPal gave me for the USPS office and it is the wrong office for my zip code. The story continues (with little hope).

Sep 4, 2012
Open an inquiry w/them and have them contact the seller. You must be the exception to the rule (no point intended), either ebay or paypal in most cases investigate and give the benefit of the doubt to the buyer in your case.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Open an inquiry w/them and have them contact the seller. You must be the exception to the rule (no point intended), either ebay or paypal in most cases investigate and give the benefit of the doubt to the buyer in your case.

Ebay was very clear on this. If a delivery notice is left, the seller if off the hook as far as Ebay is concerned. A delivery notice left at a freight forwarder is useless, since they will not go to the post office. I had requested several re-deliveries, but to no avail. I have no further way to escalate the case with Ebay.

It appears the seller is happy to have his money and is no longer communicating with me.

I am still working with USPS and PayPal is trying to work with me and USPS as well to try and find out what happened, but there are so many wrong numbers or unanswered ones, it takes time to find the right contacts at USPS.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Right. This has happened to me on various occasions with Jetpack, whose offices are closed on Saturday. I have always gotten my money refunded when I filed a claim (3 times). Even if a claim is settled in the sellers favor, you can refile the claim again.

I'd much rather be proactive, and avoid claims in the first place.

I have had various cel. phones lost due to the "saturday delivery" problems with USPS.

Now, whenever I buy one, I include a message to the seller that says:

"Hi, please pack this securely in a small box, and include a commercial invoice(or copy of the order details page)
I strongly advise you send this with a signature required for delivery. The Miami post office has a HUGE problem with disappearing packages when no signature is required. We don't want to get into an argument over whether it was delivered or not.
"

I've never had a problem with a "signature required" package.

If there's no signature required, they disappear into thin air.

My signature required package appears to have disappeared into thin air. Monday I will try again, just not with Ebay since I have no further options with Ebay. USPS and PayPal, but with little hope for recovery.

Sep 4, 2012
Indeed USPS is garbage and its time to privatize it. Their services never kept up with technology and mail is missing everyday by the minute.